The Student Room Group

Confirmation that application has arrived at oxford college of choice

I sent off my UCAS 2 weeks ago, and part way thru changed my choice from St Hughes to Magdalen. At what point do you receive an email confirming that your college has received your application:confused:

anyone know anything about Magdalen and studying English there?:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am waiting for a confirmation too..
Original post by personage
I sent off my UCAS 2 weeks ago, and part way thru changed my choice from St Hughes to Magdalen. At what point do you receive an email confirming that your college has received your application:confused:

anyone know anything about Magdalen and studying English there?:cool:

How do you change your college choice after sending off your UCAS application?
Reply 3
Original post by perphation
How do you change your college choice after sending off your UCAS application?

Just go on UCAS track, and substitute your college choice. However I would not recommend i at this stage...
Reply 4
Original post by arsen
I am waiting for a confirmation too..

So although you get a confirmation from UCAS, do you also get a confirmation from the college? Where are you applying?:smile:
Reply 5
"By the end of October
Your application will be acknowledged by email, including a reminder of any tests or written work required for your course. Please check your email, including your junk mail or spam folder, regularly."

From: http://www.magd.ox.ac.uk/studying-here/as-an-undergraduate/information-for-prospective-applicants-20142015/
Reply 6
THANKS ATCG...I've got a while yet then :smile:
Original post by arsen
Just go on UCAS track, and substitute your college choice. However I would not recommend i at this stage...

I did try it because I wanted to switch from Magdalen to Keble but it didn't work. Oh well, I think I'm fine with Magdalen, even though it appears to be slightly harder to get into for Arch and Anth.
I did try it because I wanted to switch from Magdalen to Keble but it didn't work. Oh well, I think I'm fine with Magdalen, even though it appears to be slightly harder to get into for Arch and Anth.

The difficulty of getting into Arch and Anth (or any subject, for that matter) is the same regardless of which college you apply to; colleges use pooling mechanisms to ensure that deserving candidates who may have been out-competed at more competitive colleges get offers. However, your odds of getting into that particular college may be lower due to higher applicant numbers :smile:
Original post by mishieru07
The difficulty of getting into Arch and Anth (or any subject, for that matter) is the same regardless of which college you apply to; colleges use pooling mechanisms to ensure that deserving candidates who may have been out-competed at more competitive colleges get offers. However, your odds of getting into that particular college may be lower due to higher applicant numbers :smile:

I suppose so, but it's rather unnerving to see the percentage of candidates applying to Magdalen getting accepted into Oxford as compared to those of other colleges.
Reply 10
I suppose so, but it's rather unnerving to see the percentage of candidates applying to Magdalen getting accepted into Oxford as compared to those of other colleges.

Archaeology and anthropology:

In 2013 there were 72 applications across 7 colleges for a total intake of 15.

I don't think looking at percentages is meaningful.

Good luck! :smile:
I applied to St. John's on the 12th and got a confirmation from Oxford saying that I have successfully applied to St. John's. Is that the real confirmation letter or will I get another one from the college itself?
I applied to Brasenose on the 14th and got a confirmation email on the 15th!
Reply 13
Original post by zaraashaikh
I applied to St. John's on the 12th and got a confirmation from Oxford saying that I have successfully applied to St. John's. Is that the real confirmation letter or will I get another one from the college itself?

I also applied to St. John's :hello: They will be sending confirmation emails next week.
http://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/397/Key-Dates-for-Applicants.html
I've applied to St Johns as well!! For French and German
Original post by ATCG
I also applied to St. John's :hello: They will be sending confirmation emails next week.
http://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/397/Key-Dates-for-Applicants.html

Thank you and wohoo! I hope we all get in!
Original post by mcregan864
I've applied to St Johns as well!! For French and German

Human sciences for me! Good luck!

Don't look at the college stats, if you're good enough to go to the university then they will try and fit you in to the number of spaces.

Plus, if you do get in to Magdalen, you're in for a treat! I loved Magdalen when I studied there :smile:
Just got a confirmation from St Johns!
I received an email from Oxford a few days after sending off my application and got an email from the college I applied for two days ago!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending