The Student Room Group

What have you eaten today? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Been a very busy week that almost every meal was either a quick one or had something bought in. Finally Friday night came and cooked my first meal.

Friday
Dinner : Meatballs with mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed vegetables. Also had it with cream of mushroom soup.

Saturday
Breakfast : Chinese styled pulled noodles in soup, shredded pork and vegetables.
Lunch: Philly cheese steak sandwiches with curried pumpkin soup.
Dinner : Tomyam fried rice with prawns, carrot, eggs and peas, chicken tomyam soup, mixed vegetable and for dessert had a chocolate Bailey's torte.

Sunday
Breakfast : Oats with banana and strawberry. Blended yoghurt with the juice of a beetroot, celery, pear, cherry and peach.
Lunch : Mushroom and salmon quiche with cream of tomato soup.
Dinner : Ribeye steak with garlic cheese mashed potatoes and sweet potato, steamed vegetables and homemade rolls. Dessert was none other than a peach and cherry crumble with custard.
Just doner kebab at dinner, previously a ciabatta. Nothing specials, but I am sated.
B: Winter Pudding Porridge (Quaker Oats) with desiccated coconut, chia seeds and dried dates.
L: SkinnyLicious' Tumeric and Coconut Soup with Olive bread, plum for dessert.
D: Pasta salad made by yours' truly, wholewheat pasta with tomatoes, feta cheese, kale, avocado, roasted peppers in olive oil, mushrooms, chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds and brazil) and olives.
Just a Crunchie chocolate bar. I need to get something to eat now...
I had a small wholegrain roll with peanut butter for breakfast, a high protein yoghurt and some walnuts during the day and now about to have some paneer, squash and spinach burgers with broccoli :yum:
Nothing specials at breakfest: corn flakes with milk.

At lunchtime I have eaten some baked goods.

There was chicken fricassee at dinner.
For the first time in my entire life I'm trying to eat healthily. I've managed about 2 weeks so far with a couple of cheat days. I do get quite hungry and am starting to get sick of the same meals, so who knows if it'll last.

Breakfast:

Granola with seed mix, sprinkling of protein powder + Greek yoghurt

Banana

Snack:

Cashew nuts
Apple
Protein shake with soy milk

Lunch:

3 eggs scrambled
Banana
Strained Greek yoghurt

Snack:
Dried fruit bar
Glass of coconut water
Packet of wotsits crisps (bad!)

Dinner will be:

1 Chicken breast with onion, pepper and green beans with brown rice (with 1 egg mixed in).

Desert: 2 rice cakes topped with peanut butter, banana, seeds and a bit of honey

Few cashew nuts and a glass of milk before bed.
Reply 827
So far Porridge with peanut butter and clementine
Then chicken slices on 2 brown toast with butter but I found out that a serving only contains about 8g of protein so I had to add extra slices which I don't usually have to do :s-smilie:
Going to have my protein shake to compensate soon and an apple as we need to stock up on fruit

**** hoping I didn't trigger anyone with that :frown:

Tonight can be cheat day of sorts so a small pizza, chips and some frozen veg with a yoghurt :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Breakfast 8:50am: Cornflakes with 150ml milk and raisins. 2x toast with Flora and Marmite. Cup of tea. Water
10:05am: Diet Coke
Lunch 12:45pm: 1 pitta with spinach and hummus, and a side salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and mixed beans. Diet Coke. Water
Afternoon snack 4:15pm: Cup of tea. 1 banana with custard. Diet Coke
Dinner 6:25pm: Egg noodles with BBQ chicken pieces, broccoli, spring onion, carrot and mushrooms. Diet Coke. Water. Cup of tea
Night snack 10:00pm: 300ml cold milk. Chocolate snowman
some nachos, some pasta and cheese and then some mixed peppers, Mediterranean veg, mushrooms, qourn, salsa, mozzarella and cheddar all pan seared.
Original post by French_Cat
B: Winter Pudding Porridge (Quaker Oats) with desiccated coconut, chia seeds and dried dates.
L: SkinnyLicious' Tumeric and Coconut Soup with Olive bread, plum for dessert.
D: Pasta salad made by yours' truly, wholewheat pasta with tomatoes, feta cheese, kale, avocado, roasted peppers in olive oil, mushrooms, chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds and brazil) and olives.

PLEASE COOK FOR ME! :eating:
Breakfast = Granola
Lunch = 1 persimmon fruit, 1 apple, 1 packet of watsits
Snack = galaxy bar
Two bacon baps for breakfast
Steak and ale pie with peas and chips

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two custard creams and yoghurt for breakfast
And fish and chips for lunch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
PLEASE COOK FOR ME! :eating:

No problem, always have leftovers :P

Breakfast - Baked Banana Porridge with almond milk, desiccated coconut, raspberries, strawberries and swirled in almond butter.

Lunch - Wasn't hungry, had large and late breakfast.

Dinner - Homemade vegetarian enchiladas (made with corn tortillas, sweetcorn, spicy mixed beans, red onion, green peppers, basil and coriander covered in paprika, crushed chillies and chilli powder ; covered in fajita sauce, breadcrumbs and grated cheddar) with homemade guacamole (avo, coriander, tomatoes, lime juice) and greek yoghurt.

Snack - Kallo Buckwheat cake with almond butter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Friday:-
Breakfast :- Bread with peanut butter and a banana and an apple.
Lunch :- Lamb burger with mint sauce and cheese with fries. Also had a chocolate and strawberry milkshake.
Dinner :- BBQ, I brought marinated steaks and potato salad. Also placed on the BBQ some sliced pumpkin.

Saturday:-
Brunch: Cream of curried pumpkin soup and philly cheesesteak sandwich.
Dinner: Rice, stir-fry of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and celery with pork and shrimp, steamed seabass with garlic and ginger sauce, green curry with eggplant, peas and chicken. Dessert was pumpkin cheesecake.

Sunday:-
Brunch: Pumpkin pancakes. I had mine with maple syrup and a banana.
Dinner: Cream of wild mushroom soup, Norwegian meatballs, mashed swede, pumpkin and potatoes and steamed cabbage, carrots and broccoli. Chocolate souffle for dessert.

Finally finished up all the pumpkin and NO more pumpkin for a while.
Branflakes with raisins and milk
Goats cheese and caremelized onion flatbread, salad and coleslaw
Latte
Toffee cake
Mini quiche, pea and brie couscous, coleslaw and garlic bread
Peanut butter kit kat chunky
Not been eating all that much or well lately as work has been keeping me very busy and on top of that its back to only me managing the household.

Finally had some time to do some cooking, a time consuming task as there is always the cleanup after that.

Friday :-
Breakfast : Tomato and spinach omelette with apple, celery and cucumber juice.
Lunch : Smoked salmon with creamcheese on knackerbrot.
Dinner : Red curry with venison and potatoes, moose satay, stir-fry vegetables with shrimp and rice.
Dessert : Creme Caramel.

Saturday :-
Breakfast : Full English breakfast at a newly opened English pub (Owned by a Norwegian though)
Lunch : My kids hosted their grandmother at our house and she made them Swedish meatballs made from moose, deer and pork. Had it with stewed cabbage and boiled potatoes loaded with a generous helping of gravy.
Dinner : Game stew, made with moose, reindeer and roedeer meat, carrots, celery, radish, potatoes and swede, slow cooked in redwine. Had it with garlic toast.
Dessert : Chocolate and walnut torte.

Sunday :-
Brunch : Philly-cheese steak sandwich. Done using moose. Definitely not that good a combination.
Dinner : Roast venison with potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Dessert : Tiramisu which I'm having right now :tongue:
Breakfast - apple pancakes with half an apple and maple butter
Lunch - a pastrami, rocket and edam wrap. Homemade orange sorbet

Going to make parma ham, tomato and rocket pizzas from scratch tonight with homemade raspberry jelly and coconut cream for dessert
Porridge with jam, exotic juice, a chocolate raisin yoghurt, fruit flakes, cheese on toast, a Lion bar, dried cranberries, a tangerine, a Frijj milkshake, half a pizza, salad and potato zoo, a choc ice, 2 oat cakes

Quick Reply

Latest