The Student Room Group

GCSE Student Chat thread MK IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Rose

Mine was a group one, the other two people in my group did well, but I.. :sigh: I stuttered and forgot what to say, had to keep looking back at my notes, wanted to get it over and done with when I was up there so I didn't even say all of my points.. and I could see from my classmates faces that they pitied me.

Aww, I'm sure you did well!

Original post by karmacrunch

... but planes.... :frown:

Whatever. What happened? :tongue:

I turned a 6 minute speech into a minute :lol: :emo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
I turned a 6 minute speech into a minute :lol: :emo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You spoke too quickly? :redface: I'm sure it was fine anyway! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You spoke too quickly? :redface: I'm sure it was fine anyway! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :emo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't matterrrr, did your class understand it all? That's important! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone! How's life/school? :biggrin:
Original post by BBeyond
Hey everyone! How's life/school? :biggrin:

'Tis pretty good. I've stopped procrastinating for the better part as well. Lots of tests though... I have a few on the last days of term as well. XD But it's good! You? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Life's cool as I have sorted out some work experience and going to organise a taster day situation with my HoY and school is great :ahee:
We have had a buttload of tests though :nothing:
What about you :grin:
So 'tis all-round pretty good!

Hey girl :awesome:

Same. :nothing: What are you doing for your WE? :mmm:

Heyy :ahee: 'Tis Friday!

How are you? :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
'Tis pretty good. I've stopped procrastinating for the better part as well. Lots of tests though... I have a few on the last days of term as well. XD But it's good! You? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah glad to hear my nagging paid off :tongue: Is it bad that I like tests? I just like pressured environments I guess :eek:

I'm good, got my predicted grades, finished all my midterm tests and enjoying all my subjects! :biggrin: (also recently got a PB in my 5k run so happy about that :cool:)

Original post by Mr...
Life's cool as I have sorted out some work experience and going to organise a taster day situation with my HoY and school is great :ahee:
We have had a buttload of tests though :nothing:
What about you :grin:
So 'tis all-round pretty good!

Wish I did some useful work experience in year 10, you're lucky :tongue: Where are you going to do it? What's that?
Tests are great though :colone: How did you do?
I'm good :biggrin: (going to copy and paste what I said to Karma as I cba to post it twice :tongue:) I'm good, got my predicted grades, finished all my midterm tests and enjoying all my subjects! :biggrin: (also recently got a PB in my 5k run so happy about that :cool:)
Glad to hear it! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
It doesn't matterrrr, did your class understand it all? That's important! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically yeah because I dumbed down my stuff quite hard... I nearly cried at how much I had to dumb down, jk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:five:
I am doing some shadowing of barristers and solicitors and teaching! I am also applying for one in parliament :smile:
I mentioned it above :fyi:yes:
I haven't gotten all my results back but so far I have got

Spoiler

How did you do in your mid-terms, also, am I the only one who thinks they are pointless?
:congrats: What was the time?

That's sounds cool! I wanted to be a lawyer at one point, after watching suits (I highly recommend watching this btw) but then I realised I was awful at writing essays :tongue:
Congrats, very solid results :cool: That A in maths must be annoying you slightly though :wink:
The chem one went well (70/72), and I had 2 maths ones. One went well (36/40) but the other was kinda meh and I haven't got the result back yet, kinda dreading it :eek:
21:40, going to try and beat it tomorrow :cool:
Original post by BBeyond
Ah glad to hear my nagging paid off :tongue: Is it bad that I like tests? I just like pressured environments I guess :eek:

I'm good, got my predicted grades, finished all my midterm tests and enjoying all my subjects! :biggrin: (also recently got a PB in my 5k run so happy about that :cool:)

Not just your nagging... Please. :rolleyes::tongue: Nope. I'm the same, it's just that I want to get good marks in them so I'm kinda putting pressure on myself... Which is not too good. :colondollar:

Yay! + What are your predicted grades? (I get mine next month) :colone: Whoo!! :woo: I need to actually start running... :eek:

Original post by Trihawk7
Basically yeah because I dumbed down my stuff quite hard... I nearly cried at how much I had to dumb down, jk

Posted from TSR Mobile

You did dumb it down, didn't you? :erm:
Original post by Mr...
:five:
I am doing some shadowing of barristers and solicitors and teaching! I am also applying for one in parliament :smile:
What about you? :holmes:

:hugs: that means I have my expedition assessment tomorrow :nothing:nothing:
I am great :yep: and hows about you girlie?

Spoiler

One in parliament? Wow! Good luck, I'm sure they'll be great though! A pharmacy and hopefully an opticians in a holiday! :biggrin:

Expedition? For DofE? I have my practice soon, 'twill be hilarious and hopefully fun too! :rofl:
Girlie... Girl? Please. :lolwut: I'm good thanks! I have hw though. I can't believe that it's almost halfterm!! :eek::tongue:

Great grades btw. :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile
got my predicted grades today :afraid:
anyone want GCSE tips
Original post by Arithmeticae

Oooh, what did you get? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh, what did you get? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

How/what were they? :tongue:

Not just your nagging... Please. :rolleyes::tongue: Nope. I'm the same, it's just that I want to get good marks in them so I'm kinda putting pressure on myself... Which is not too good. :colondollar:

Yay! + What are your predicted grades? (I get mine next month) :colone: Whoo!! :woo: I need to actually start running... :eek:

Make sure you remember me when you get your results, I want credit :wink: Pressure can be a good thing though, just make sure you get a good balance :tongue:

AAAB The B is in chem, which is ridiculous considering my test scores... I'll make sure I rub it in the teachers face if (hopefully) I beat that :biggrin:

You should start running, it's actually quite fun

Spoiler

Original post by Mr...
:mmm: A lot of people have told me to watch it but I don't know what channel it is on.
Do you do any essay subjects?:redface:

Thanks :colondollar:, I probably got some As in other subjects too but it only irritates me a little .:rolleyes:
Those 2 marks must be really annoying to you too :colone:
I'm sure you'll do fine :grin:

You'll have to catch up on netflix/another website (PM if you want it). It's so good! You'll be inspired :tongue:

I do economics which is kind of an essay subject I guess, but it's partly maths as well :biggrin:

As are still good, so well done even if you got As :biggrin:

Yeah kind of, especially considering I dropped them by not reading the question properly.... (tip: always read the question before answering, don't think you know what the question says :tongue:)

Meh, we'll see next thursday :redface:
Original post by Mr...
:toofunny:

Thanks, however they get so many applicants that I am not sure they will accept me :ninja:, that sounds really fun :biggrin:
How long is it for?

The weather during the practise really put me off :sadnod, you're probably so clumsy that you'll fall a lot :lol:
Do it now :rant:!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to just take a load off during the holiday. :crazy:

If only you knew... :colonhash:

I hope you do! Dw, your work experience sounds really good!
For school? A week. Idk about what the opticians were thinking. Most likely in the summer holidays. :moon: I think it'd be really cool to see the difference between more chemistry based work places (pharmacy + pharmaceuticals), compared with more physics based place- the opticians! :biggrin:

No pain, no gain. :rolleyes: Thanks? :lolwut: I actually do a bit of hiking fyi so... :lolwut::lolwut: I've been really tired all day so I will wake up early when I am refreshed and do it! Some of it's revision as well. :ahee:

Lol. No. My school will probably give us hw or something for the holidays. :tongue:

Original post by BBeyond
Make sure you remember me when you get your results, I want credit :wink: Pressure can be a good thing though, just make sure you get a good balance :tongue:

AAAB The B is in chem, which is ridiculous considering my test scores... I'll make sure I rub it in the teachers face if (hopefully) I beat that :biggrin:

You should start running, it's actually quite fun

Spoiler

I will think about it. :wink::tongue: Exactly... I'm balancing myself a lot better than I did a few weeks ago! :ahee:

Really? Wow, get that A! I'm sure you will though! :biggrin:

Someone agrees. I run once every blue moon. :rofl:
x

Well done! Obviously for Maths :wink:

You're not serious? Plan? :rolleyes: Purposely? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Knew what?:confused:

It is all outside of school except one I am trying to organise for our year group :yep:, our school doesn't start work experience until Y11

Sounds really good :tongue:, hope it goes well!
Sure you do :rolleyes:

Purposely making yourself run. Not for basketball but just running. :nothing:

Ah okay! You're organising it? What is your school doing for it? :eek: I'm sure it'll be great anyway! :tongue:

'Sure you do :rolleyes:' about what? :rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I will think about it. :wink::tongue: Exactly... I'm balancing myself a lot better than I did a few weeks ago! :ahee:

Really? Wow, get that A! I'm sure you will though! :biggrin:

Someone agrees. I run once every blue moon. :rofl:

Only think?!?! Good to hear, you'll get better at it as time goes on :biggrin:

I know right, can confirm was not happy :tongue: Thank you, I hope so :cool:

Now that's not what I like to hear :naughty: Have you considering doing a park run? They are every Saturday morning at 9am, I'm sure there will be one close to your area :tongue:

Original post by Mr...

I have Netflix so it is all good. I just finished Orange is the New Black :zomg:
How do you find it, I might think of doing as an A Level? :smile:

Nah, I don't mind, I would be happy as it is only the start of Y10 :yep:

I am guilty of that however it has always worked in my favour :rolleyes:

:goodluck:

Ah I've seen that as well, can't wait for season 3!

Economics is great, I want to do it at uni so my opinion may be a little biased :tongue: It's really because it helps you to develop an understanding of the real world (e.g. politics) as well. I've found it so interesting that I've had to buy economics books to read in free time :eek: (and I never read normally)

Oh I forgot you were year 10, that's even better! You've got loads of time to get those A*s :wink:

I guess the advantage is that it saves you time, but is it worth sacrificing marks for time? I'll let you decide :colone:

Thank you!
Original post by Mr...
:mmm: you actually do that!?

It is the Y10 taster day at Oxford. I wants to do it but when I emailed they say we have to do it through school so I am organising it with my head of year :yep:

Don't worry :colone:

Actually do what? Running or basketball? :s-smilie:

They have one? When?! :eek::eek: I had to do something similar last year when I was the only one wanting to do something. :mmm:

:frown::frown:
Original post by BBeyond
Only think?!?! Good to hear, you'll get better at it as time goes on :biggrin:

I know right, can confirm was not happy :tongue: Thank you, I hope so :cool:

Now that's not what I like to hear :naughty: Have you considering doing a park run? They are every Saturday morning at 9am, I'm sure there will be one close to your area :tongue:

Ja. :tongue: Hopefully! :h:

You're welcome! Go you! :woo:

Well... I run in basketball... a lot. :innocent: Nope + That would involve seeing people I know as well. When I do 'run' (ie. Run/walk or intervals) I go around the area I live. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest