The Student Room Group

Annoyed my fiancée never wears skirts or dresses - any advice please?

Hi there,

I've been with my fiancée for what will be 8 years in April next year and it may seem petty, but it annoys me why she doesn't ever wear skirts or dresses. I think she looks amazing in them and I have told her this many times, but she says she will put one on when she feels like it, which seems like once in a blue moon. She wore a skirt with leotards on last Sunday which was nice, but I see women at work with skirts on but my fiancée just doesn't want to. Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
idk, she always wears them for me :coma:
Reply 2
Original post by chicoinglés
Hi there,

I've been with my fiancée for what will be 8 years in April next year and it may seem petty, but it annoys me why she doesn't ever wear skirts or dresses. I think she looks amazing in them and I have told her this many times, but she says she will put one on when she feels like it, which seems like once in a blue moon. She wore a skirt with leotards on last Sunday which was nice, but I see women at work with skirts on but my fiancée just doesn't want to. Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks!

Why do you want her to wear a skirt so bad? she might not be comfortable in them. :confused:
Is it really such a big thing? If it's a confidence issue, by all means, compliment her more when she wears them! But if it's personal choice and she just doesn't feel comfortable in them, leave the poor girl alone!
Reply 4
Original post by VDW

Ooooooh burn! :lol:
Reply 5
Ask her why she doesn't wear them? Or ask her to wear them just in the bedroom or whatever for you if she doesn't like wearing them out?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
If you've been engaged 8 years, it's far too late. You can have a big Arab-Israeli type summit with her on what you like her to wear, but I can pretty much guarantee you you're wasting your time. After that amount of time, you kind of have to take someone as they are. If she were ambivalent to it, she would have just done it in a heartbeat.
Dump her you deserve someone better.
some women are just more butch than others or aren't really big girl girls don't try and change her
(edited 10 years ago)
Buy her some and then ask?
Have you discussed this with her? She can't read your mind, you know.

And anyway, it's up to her to wear what she wants. It just sounds like you might have to accept it :redface:
Reply 11
if you're so set on her wearing skirts and dresses, it's only fair if you wear something she wants you to wear even if you don't want to...
Reply 12
Original post by VDW

:lol:
Reply 13
She shouldn't wear something just because you want to :erm:
burn her trousers
Compliments might encourage her to wear skirts and dresses more often, that includes when she's not actually wearing them! I used to only wear jeans until my boyfriend told me he likes tights (because they show off my legs, he said), so I started wearing them with shorts and eventually dresses and skirts. I'm not really sure if it was a confidence thing for me, but his compliments definitely influence the way I look. Haven't worn jeans for years.
Run like the wind from this woman. I've been in this hell of female androgyny since our kids were born. I told her how much I liked her hair and she chopped it off butch-style. I told her I like a skirt she was wearing and she got rid of it and has never worn skirts again, or tops other than sweatshirts. She is not going to change -- do yourself a favor and get the hell out before you get married. Once a woman gets the kids she wants, she doesn't give a **** about how her husband might like her to look.
Original post by cambiam67
Run like the wind from this woman. I've been in this hell of female androgyny since our kids were born. I told her how much I liked her hair and she chopped it off butch-style. I told her I like a skirt she was wearing and she got rid of it and has never worn skirts again, or tops other than sweatshirts. She is not going to change -- do yourself a favor and get the hell out before you get married. Once a woman gets the kids she wants, she doesn't give a **** about how her husband might like her to look.

Why are you dredging up an old thread to post such a ridiculous comment?
Run from her like the wind. I've been in that for twenty years since our kids were born. She will not change, and if you appreciate femininity it will be agony for you.
Original post by cambiam67
Run from her like the wind. I've been in that for twenty years since our kids were born. She will not change, and if you appreciate femininity it will be agony for you.

Lol, you posted nearly the exact same comment on this thread 5 months ago?

Latest