Scroll to see replies

I'm really happy:
One offer from Birmingham (A*AA)
3 interviews from imperial, manchester and exeter

And still waiting on Oxford. Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 261
Original post by DanRigg96#
Thought I'd start a thread where us Physics buddies can share about Universities and courses we're looking at and interested in etc!
A few questions to get started:
-Where you live?
-A Levels chosen and predicted/hopeful AS and A2 grades?
-Branches of physics you're interested in?
-Universities you're looking at/favouring?
-Specific course(s) you're planning on applying for?

Here's the physics connect/stalking Page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

Hey!!
- Indian living in Singapore
- I do IB: Physics, Math and Chem HL + Literature, Hindi and Economics SL
- I did IGCSE with 7A* and 3A
- I really like cosmology, but I also find quantum mechanics very weird and interesting..I mainly want to go for theoretical physics though
- Physics & Philosophy @ Oxford
- Theoretical Physics @ UCL (got an offer)
- Physics with Theoretical Physics @ King's
- Theoretical Physics @ Durham
- Physics with Theoretical Physics @ Imperial
[All are MSci]

Is anyone else applying to the same courses/unis as me? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 262
Original post by Lmarsden
Don't worry imperial didn't acknowledge mine at all until they invited me to interview

How long did that take? Will I be at a disadvantage if i dont go for an interview because I dont live in UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Huyan
How long did that take? Will I be at a disadvantage if i dont go for an interview because I dont live in UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell them your circumstances and organise a Skype or phone interview! 😁
Reply 264
Original post by DanRigg96#
Tell them your circumstances and organise a Skype or phone interview! 😁

Oh! I didnt know they did Skype interviews!
haha, that puts a load off my chest - thanks!!
-Dubai, UAE
-Physics, Maths, Economics, Geography (Dropped after my AS)
-Predicted A*AA, got AAAA in AS levels
-All areas
-Applied Exeter, Surrey, Bath, Warwick, Oxford
-Phys Bsc Oxford, Phys + Astrophysics BSc Bath + Exeter, Phys + Business Warwick, Phys + Astronomy Surrey

I wont be considered an international student, only living out here temporarily. Hearing about people getting offers from universities I've applied for 8 days ago is worrying me though, why would they not make a decision about mine yet if I sent my application before some of the offer holders
:s-smilie:
Reply 266
Original post by Preece97
Hearing about people getting offers from universities I've applied for 8 days ago is worrying me though, why would they not make a decision about mine yet if I sent my application before some of the offer holders :s-smilie:

I know how that feels..
but don't worry! I got my offer 15 days after applying, and i'm sure you'll get some too!
All you can do at the moment is wait, and sometimes..the offers really are worth the wait!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 267
Original post by PhysGeek
I'm really happy:
One offer from Birmingham (A*AA)
3 interviews from imperial, manchester and exeter

And still waiting on Oxford. Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

PhysGeek, when did you send off your application? Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh gawd... My school has a policy to try get UCAS done by half term, except Oxbridge obviously. I sent mine off Thursday, so school will put mine through over the weekend or Monday, but seeing you guys getting offers has got me worried... Have I left it too late? :/ applying for Bath, Nottingham, Cardiff, Birmingham and Surrey. AAAA in Maths, Physics, Chem, Bio, predicted A*A*A -A*AA. Thanks :smile:
Original post by MattyJMP
Oh gawd... My school has a policy to try get UCAS done by half term, except Oxbridge obviously. I sent mine off Thursday, so school will put mine through over the weekend or Monday, but seeing you guys getting offers has got me worried... Have I left it too late? :/ applying for Bath, Nottingham, Cardiff, Birmingham and Surrey. AAAA in Maths, Physics, Chem, Bio, predicted A*A*A -A*AA. Thanks :smile:

Of course you haven't left it too late :smile: Those offers will come.
Reply 270
How prepared are you guys for the PAT? :/
So unprepared- they're so hard and the mark for interview every year is different... Just gonna keep practicing though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are any of you going to be 'preparing' for Oxbridge interviews in any way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Are any of you going to be 'preparing' for Oxbridge interviews in any way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm currently taking the approach of trying to do my best on the PAT and then see if i get called for an interview..
You could also ask your school Physics/Math teacher to hold a mock interview for you?
I've got some mock interviews at school next week- and then my imperial one in November so I guess that's preparation??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone is getting offers and I still haven't done my personal statement, I feel so bad :tongue:
Original post by Tibbz2
Everyone is getting offers and I still haven't done my personal statement, I feel so bad :tongue:

When you get it in doesn't reealy matter if you're not Oxbridge...
I just rushed to get it over with 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for AA, to do maths and physics, from Bath!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 278
Original post by Fred Cantoni
Got an offer for AA, to do maths and physics, from Bath!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Where else did you apply?
Reply 279
Original post by Fred Cantoni
Got an offer from Bristol for AB with at least a B in physics!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

MSci or BSci?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending