The Student Room Group

GCSE Student Chat thread MK IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karmacrunch

Ja. :tongue: Hopefully! :h:

You're welcome! Go you! :woo:

Well... I run in basketball... a lot. :innocent: Nope + That would involve seeing people I know as well. When I do 'run' (ie. Run/walk or intervals) I go around the area I live. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't count... Rubbish sport anyway :tongue: :wink: Maybe seeing people you know will motivate you to put some effort in? :wink:

Original post by Mr...
:five:, I am so excited but there are rumours that it'll be the last season...

Thanks, do recommend any books :h:

Really? What year did you think I was in :tongue:

Not really as it only saves you about 5 seconds to be honest :yep:

Really? I haven't heard these rumors, they better not be true :eek:

These two books are really good for beginners and explaining stuff:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-Users-Guide-Pelican-Introduction/dp/0718197038/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413575553&sr=8-1&keywords=users+guide+economics (written by a cambridge professor last year)
and http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Undercover-Economist-Tim-Harford/dp/0349119856/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413575591&sr=8-1&keywords=the+undercover+economist

I always knew you were year 10, but it just slipped from my memory as I haven't spoke to you in ages :O

You never know, you may need those 5 seconds to finish the last question :wink:
Original post by BBeyond
That doesn't count... Rubbish sport anyway :tongue: :wink: Maybe seeing people you know will motivate you to put some effort in? :wink:

... and football does and it's a good sport? Please. :rolleyes::wink: I'm not lying... There's so much running in basketball. :tongue:
Err... Not them running. Just seeing them around when I'm running. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's with the massive paragraphs and replies... Please :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
What's with the massive paragraphs and replies... Please :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inb4 'Cba to read this, cba to read that... Yolo Yolo yolo...

Yolo. :cool:'

^ :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Blame Crunchie :yep:

I come in and see a massive book of replies I might as well have stumbled upon a world war 2 script of messages through enigma... Worst comparison ever but still...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Blame Crunchie :yep:

What? :lolwut:

More like blame BBeyond. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
... and football does and it's a good sport? Please. :rolleyes::wink: I'm not lying... There's so much running in basketball. :tongue:
Err... Not them running. Just seeing them around when I'm running. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Football is an amazing sport, takes a lot more skill as well :tongue: Any man and his dog can throw a ball into a hoop :wink: Not as much as football, the football pitch is much longer :redface:

Exactly, so if you see them you will try harder and get better! :biggrin:

Original post by Mr...
At least I'll still be able to watch GoT :ahee:

Oh, well I'm back baby :smug:

I have also watched that :redface: I watch way too many series :eek:

Enjoy :biggrin:

Where did you go? Welcome back though :hugs:
Original post by Mr...
:rofl: Maybe she has a vendetta against us that she relieves through long posts.

You know your are probably the main culprit int heis thread and TSR...

Why him?:lolwut:

Relieves through long posts? Is that the best you can do? Please. :rolleyes:

I know! Spreading my reign. :smug:

... because... (From there onwards. Just look at how the posts grow :rolleyes:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond
Football is an amazing sport, takes a lot more skill as well :tongue: Any man and his dog can throw a ball into a hoop :wink: Not as much as football, the football pitch is much longer :redface:

Exactly, so if you see them you will try harder and get better! :biggrin:

L to the O to the L. Please... :lolwut: 'Tis actually very difficult + you're actually running half the time, defending and trying not to foul anyone!! :tongue:

At least I'm being reasonable... I haven't played football properly and neither have you for Basketball. :wink:
So? Basketball's pace is much quicker. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am thinking about resitting my gcse science now I know it's easy to register as private candidate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:five: So many people in my school days Dynares (probably spelt that wrong) should get less more screen time. I think they should just kill Sansa and get it over with...:rolleyes:

Have you read the books?

:grin:

I had something happen personally so I didn't want to log in. Me too :mmm:

Is it just me or did that make no sense? :tongue:

Yeah I have, I enjoyed them :biggrin:

Fair enough, hope everything is ok!

L to the O to the L. Please... :lolwut: 'Tis actually very difficult + you're actually running half the time, defending and trying not to foul anyone!! :tongue:

At least I'm being reasonable... I haven't played football properly and neither have you for Basketball. :wink:
So? Basketball's pace is much quicker. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have played basketball in PE (and GCSE PE) and I have to say I was awful. I still think football is more running though :tongue:

Depends on what position you play, midfielders defo do more running.
Original post by BBeyond
Is it just me or did that make no sense? :tongue:

Yeah I have, I enjoyed them :biggrin:

Fair enough, hope everything is ok!

I have played basketball in PE (and GCSE PE) and I have to say I was awful. I still think football is more running though :tongue:

Depends on what position you play, midfielders defo do more running.

Well duh! Competitive sorts are usually awful in PE! Including basketball. Football is leaning towards 'horrific'. :mmm::tongue:

You have to run loads either way in bball. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well duh! Competitive sorts are usually awful in PE! Including basketball. Football is leaning towards 'horrific'. :mmm::tongue:

You have to run loads either way in bball. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true, my class was awful as well, probably why I got such an awful grade :tongue: Football is the best thing we did in PE! (apart from dodgeball and table tennis - now they are real sports!)

I reckon I would beat you in basketball :wink:
Original post by BBeyond
Yeah that's true, my class was awful as well, probably why I got such an awful grade :tongue: Football is the best thing we did in PE! (apart from dodgeball and table tennis - now they are real sports!)

Dodgeball is the game of all games :rolleyes: literally just throw stuff and win :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dodgeball is the game of all games :rolleyes: literally just throw stuff and win :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so fun, we used to have such close/tense games - only good thing about GCSE PE :tongue:
Original post by BBeyond
It's so fun, we used to have such close/tense games - only good thing about GCSE PE :tongue:

I hate the rule of the wall... Where the ball bounces off the wall without you knowing and hits the back of your leg and boom you're out... :emo: hate sitting out, awk well life's hard anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond

Blame your class and blame the sport. Okay then. :rolleyes: What did you get in PE then?? Don't say like an A... or something. :tongue: Football was the 'best' because you like it!
Dodgeball is fabulous! :ahee: So competitive as well. :mmm:

Oh really? How cute. 'Lol'. :colonhash::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dodgeball is great! :ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blame your class and blame the sport. Okay then. :rolleyes: What did you get in PE then?? Don't say like an A... or something. :tongue: Football was the 'best' because you like it!
Dodgeball is fabulous! :ahee: So competitive as well. :mmm:

Oh really? How cute. 'Lol'. :colonhash::tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

B :colonhash: I will blame my class as they were the most disruptive and useless class ever :tongue: It was fun but we just learned nothing :frown:

Dodgeball is God's gift honestly, sooooooooooooooooo fun :biggrin:

That's it, laugh away the truth :tongue:
Original post by BBeyond
B :colonhash: I will blame my class as they were the most disruptive and useless class ever :tongue: It was fun but we just learned nothing :frown:

Dodgeball is God's gift honestly, sooooooooooooooooo fun :biggrin:

That's it, laugh away the truth :tongue:

A B is great!! Well done + GCSE PE is pretty difficult! :ahee: I hate it when I have a class like that! :unimpressed: 'Tis a great grade! Don't dwell on it! :console:

Ikr! :ahee: We don't play it as much anymore. :frown:

Nope. I would most definitely beat you. Should... :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A B is great!! Well done + GCSE PE is pretty difficult! :ahee: I hate it when I have a class like that! :unimpressed: 'Tis a great grade! Don't dwell on it! :console:

Ikr! :ahee: We don't play it as much anymore. :frown:

Nope. I would most definitely beat you. Should... :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash: Thanks I guess :tongue: I don't dwell on it, I couldn't care less about it now anyway :biggrin:

I haven't played it since year 11 :frown:

I'm pretty sure I would have height advantage though? I'm so tall I could just drop the ball in the net... :colonhash: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest