The Student Room Group

GCSE Student Chat thread MK IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BBeyond
:colonhash: Thanks I guess :tongue: I don't dwell on it, I couldn't care less about it now anyway :biggrin:

I haven't played it since year 11 :frown:

I'm pretty sure I would have height advantage though? I'm so tall I could just drop the ball in the net... :colonhash: :wink:

B is great! Deal with it. :rolleyes: Well done :biggrin:

'Tis okay. :console: Have you stopped core PE in Year 12? :tongue:

How tall are you then? The baskets 10ft (full sized ones)! :tongue: 'Just drop the ball in the net' <- You'd have to get past my defence though. :rofl:

+ Relevant Q. What's a good way of revising for Biology? XD Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
B is great! Deal with it. :rolleyes: Well done :biggrin:

'Tis okay. :console: Have you stopped core PE in Year 12? :tongue:

How tall are you then? The baskets 10ft (full sized ones)! :tongue: 'Just drop the ball in the net' <- You'd have to get past my defence though. :rofl:

+ Relevant Q. What's a good way of revising for Biology? XD Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine :colonhash:

Yeah, don't have time for it anymore :frown: Did it all through years 7-11 though :tongue:

Like 5"10? Not very tall :tongue: M8 I would get through your defense easily, I'd throw the ball through your legs run round you and then score :biggrin:

Biology is literally just memorising stuff and commenting on graphs. If I were you I would just start learning the notes you get in lesson, and if they are bad, just use the revision guide. The CGP revision guides are really good for GCSE, contrary to popular belief :tongue: I got 3A*s pretty much just by doing past papers and making notes from the CGP guides. The my-gcsescience videos are also good if you are a visual/auditory (the sound thing - you know what I mean :tongue:) learner.
Original post by BBeyond
Fine :colonhash:

Yeah, don't have time for it anymore :frown: Did it all through years 7-11 though :tongue:

Like 5"10? Not very tall :tongue: M8 I would get through your defense easily, I'd throw the ball through your legs run round you and then score :biggrin:

Biology is literally just memorising stuff and commenting on graphs. If I were you I would just start learning the notes you get in lesson, and if they are bad, just use the revision guide. The CGP revision guides are really good for GCSE, contrary to popular belief :tongue: I got 3A*s pretty much just by doing past papers and making notes from the CGP guides. The my-gcsescience videos are also good if you are a visual/auditory (the sound thing - you know what I mean :tongue:) learner.

Good. :colonhash::tongue:

Ah okay, I was wondering + I guess that's kind of to be expected. :redface: You still play... Football though. :tongue: Have you ever played volleyball?? :ahee:

Why do people think 5'10 isn't tall? :rolleyes: How cute but that wouldn't happen. :unimpressed:

I started making revision cards and then stopped... They're so annoying to make but help me. I managed 2 and a half topics and then stopped. Maybe I should start again in the halfterm? D:
Thank you! :biggrin: What about long questions though? I usually lose marks because I'm too vague. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

I started making revision cards and then stopped... They're so annoying to make but help me. I managed 2 and a half topics and then stopped. Maybe I should start again in the halfterm? D:

I remember just before Christmas last year, I made notes for some of my stuff in class and so I can ask the teacher for things as well incase I forgot then I got bored... was planning to continue during the holidays then I just got distracted by learning something else that wasn't school related :lol: just don't lose motivation to something else like I did...

Biology, last year I did B1, I couldn't get it finished because I'm so slow at writing :cry2: got 50/66 with only 4/5 paper completed :frown: also quite a bit of it was out of my specification as well so I think I did quite well, if only I could write that little bit faster :frown: anyway gonna resit it this in November, though I really can't be bothered to go through last years ecology ****...
Good. :colonhash::tongue:

Ah okay, I was wondering + I guess that's kind of to be expected. :redface: You still play... Football though. :tongue: Have you ever played volleyball?? :ahee:

Why do people think 5'10 isn't tall? :rolleyes: How cute but that wouldn't happen. :unimpressed:

Thank you! :biggrin: What about long questions though? I usually lose marks because I'm too vague. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah got a game tomorrow :biggrin: Of course I have, beach volleyball and volleyball in the pool are so fun!

Is it tall? I'm not really sure, I think it's pretty average. How tall are you? :eek: I wouldn't be so sure :cool:

Yeah it's a really good thing to do, then just make sure you go over them every 2 weeks or so and they will stay in your long term memory :smile: For long questions it's just about knowing all the facts, and practice I guess. A lot of them tend to repeat themselves so you can just practice all the 6 markers from past papers :smile: (make sure you learn the mark scheme :tongue:)

Why do people think 5'10 isn't tall? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

because its average for guys :moon:

you could use a program like anki or mnemosyne if you cba to write stuff up, my friend uses this and he says it helps :pierre: i just looked at the mark schemes and exam reports and used the same vocab that they recommended :redface:
Yes... Blame me for long paragraphs. :rolleyes:

I am replying. Dw. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've kinda ruined my textiles folder. D:

Original post by Trihawk7
I remember just before Christmas last year, I made notes for some of my stuff in class and so I can ask the teacher for things as well incase I forgot then I got bored... was planning to continue during the holidays then I just got distracted by learning something else that wasn't school related :lol: just don't lose motivation to something else like I did...

Biology, last year I did B1, I couldn't get it finished because I'm so slow at writing :cry2: got 50/66 with only 4/5 paper completed :frown: also quite a bit of it was out of my specification as well so I think I did quite well, if only I could write that little bit faster :frown: anyway gonna resit it this in November, though I really can't be bothered to go through last years ecology ****...

I won't... I hope. E-F-F-O-R-T <- Is good Trihawk. :tongue:

Well that's a great score even if you didn't complete the paper! :biggrin: Do it!! Revise in the holidays as well + do lots of questions/past papers so you can get quicker! It will be worth it! :ahee:
Original post by BBeyond
Yeah got a game tomorrow :biggrin: Of course I have, beach volleyball and volleyball in the pool are so fun!

Is it tall? I'm not really sure, I think it's pretty average. How tall are you? :eek: I wouldn't be so sure :cool:

Yeah it's a really good thing to do, then just make sure you go over them every 2 weeks or so and they will stay in your long term memory :smile: For long questions it's just about knowing all the facts, and practice I guess. A lot of them tend to repeat themselves so you can just practice all the 6 markers from past papers :smile: (make sure you learn the mark scheme :tongue:)

Good luck then! :yep: Volleyball in a pool? :tongue: Water polo is great too! :ahee::ahee:

I've been told that I'm like 5'8/9... Idk anymore. :frown: I feel really short standing next to some of my friends now. :tongue: I'm very sure my defence is good. :colonhash:

I will continue making them then! :biggrin: So much memorisation. D: Thank you!

Original post by Arithmeticae
because its average for guys :moon:

you could use a program like anki or mnemosyne if you cba to write stuff up, my friend uses this and he says it helps :pierre: i just looked at the mark schemes and exam reports and used the same vocab that they recommended :redface:

So...? :rolleyes:

Thank you! :tongue: That means I'd have to be bothered to type the questions I make for myself out as well... Hmm. I will look at it but thanks. I might do that for other subjects not science because I prefer handwritten stuff for that. :biggrin:

Multicoloured pens! :ahee:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've kinda ruined my textiles folder. D:

I won't... I hope. E-F-F-O-R-T <- Is good Trihawk. :tongue:

Well that's a great score even if you didn't complete the paper! :biggrin: Do it!! Revise in the holidays as well + do lots of questions/past papers so you can get quicker! It will be worth it! :ahee:

Good luck then! :yep: Volleyball in a pool? :tongue: Water polo is great too! :ahee::ahee:

I've been told that I'm like 5'8/9... Idk anymore. :frown: I feel really short standing next to some of my friends now. :tongue: I'm very sure my defence is good. :colonhash:

So...? :rolleyes:

Thank you! :tongue: That means I'd have to be bothered to type the questions I make for myself out as well... Hmm. I will look at it but thanks. I might do that for other subjects not science because I prefer handwritten stuff for that. :biggrin:

Multicoloured pens! :ahee:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rip: folder :redface:

so it shouldn't be tall if its really average :s-smilie:

you're welcome :smile: tbh i find that making up questions and doing them is better practice cos you have to think about how stuff works :redface: i type up all my stuff, handwriting is terrible :frown:

typical girl, all of the girls in my class have like 50000 colours but never let me borrow any </3
:rip: folder :redface:

so it shouldn't be tall if its really average :s-smilie:

you're welcome :smile: tbh i find that making up questions and doing them is better practice cos you have to think about how stuff works :redface: i type up all my stuff, handwriting is terrible :frown:

typical girl, all of the girls in my class have like 50000 colours but never let me borrow any </3

'Tis okay now. I had to put re-inforcer things on EVERY single page though. I can't hole-punch to save my life. :nothing:

Just because it's 'average', doesn't mean that it's not tall! :tongue:

:h: That's what I do with mine and I write the answers on the back for checking later. :biggrin: I'm sure it's not terrible! ^_^

Thank you!! Stationary is fun! :ahee: Why? :frown: I let people borrow mine... How annoying. :colonhash:

Get a pen with like million on it :tongue: that's what I do, cba to carry lots of pens and pencils so I just found one pen that had like a million colours and bought it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
'Tis okay now. I had to put re-inforcer things on EVERY single page though. I can't hole-punch to save my life. :nothing:

Just because it's 'average', doesn't mean that it's not tall! :tongue:

:h: That's what I do with mine and I write the answers on the back for checking later. :biggrin: I'm sure it's not terrible! ^_^

Thank you!! Stationary is fun! :ahee: Why? :frown: I let people borrow mine... How annoying. :colonhash:

i just rip mine through most of the time but it always ends up falling out :frown: can never get the holes to line up properly :moon:

isn't that kind of the point :O

yh the program is just the same thing.but on a computer and it spends more time on the ones you need to remember :tongue: you sure m8, i have to use a computer for exams cos its that bad :emo:

Spoiler

didn't know you enjoyed standing still so much (gps is spreading :colone:) idk, i don't think they trust me :s-smilie:

Get a pen with like million on it :tongue: that's what I do, cba to carry lots of pens and pencils so I just found one pen that had like a million colours and bought it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i had one of them but all the ink things messed up and the clicky bit broke off :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
i just rip mine through most of the time but it always ends up falling out :frown: can never get the holes to line up properly :moon:

isn't that kind of the point :O

yh the program is just the same thing.but on a computer and it spends more time on the ones you need to remember :tongue: you sure m8, i have to use a computer for exams cos its that bad :emo:

Spoiler

didn't know you enjoyed standing still so much (gps is spreading :colone:) idk, i don't think they trust me :s-smilie:

Same but now I lose marks for presentation now. :mmm: If you really want to stop them from ripping get something like this. I literally just sat and put these on everything in my folders. They're pretty good though. :rofl: Here-
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmith-clear-hole-re-inforcers-pack-of-1000/34531945

Do you know what the average height for a man is in the Netherlands? :rolleyes:

I guess I could use a mixture of handwritten and computer-based then, depending on the topic. :tongue: Why? For examiners? :redface:

I can't see the picture clearly but look that's not bad at all! Just practise if you think you want it to be better. ^_^ I've seen terrible handwriting. That's not terrible. :tongue:

Oh but I do + yes the GPS is strong. :colone: (Omg... just go! That was accidental. :tongue: </3) Ooh... That's pretty ridiculous on their part. :unimpressed: Ignore them then. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

From Staples? :teehee:
I'm back! Just made loads of economics notes, isn't my life exciting :tongue:

Yeah I always play it on holiday, it's so fun! Never played it, although I would love to as it looks so fun, and I love swimming :biggrin:

That seems quite tall? :eek: You're almost as tall as me and I'm 2/3 years older :colonhash: How would I feel then? :eek: defense* can't be that good if you can't even spell it :rolleyes:

You're welcome, enjoy (well at least try to :tongue:)

Did you do any work at all today?
Original post by BBeyond
I'm back! Just made loads of economics notes, isn't my life exciting :tongue:

Yeah I always play it on holiday, it's so fun! Never played it, although I would love to as it looks so fun, and I love swimming :biggrin:

That seems quite tall? :eek: You're almost as tall as me and I'm 2/3 years older :colonhash: How would I feel then? :eek: defense* can't be that good if you can't even spell it :rolleyes:

You're welcome, enjoy (well at least try to :tongue:)

Did you do any work at all today?

Economics looks really difficult! :tongue: I looked at one of the economics threads and my face resembled= :lolwut:

Ah okay. 'Tis great indeedy! Yep, water polo is fun as well! Competitive too... Play it if you get the opportunity. :rofl:

Yeah... it's just that I have some friends who are 6ft and 5'10 etc. :wink: Lol. You're not even 2 years older than me, remember? :tongue: I thought it'd be the 'c' version because that's the noun? I thought words with the c are nouns e.g. 'to advise' and 'advice'. :redface:

I might give you some recognition this time. :woo:

Of course! Quite a bit of revision as well! I have three tests this week. :biggrin:

You have a blue one... of that? Hawk... it's okay to like Hello Kitty. Admit that you have that one. Lmao. :rofl:

You have a blue one... of that? Hawk... it's okay to like Hello Kitty. Admit that you have that one. Lmao. :rofl:

C'mon, if I was to get a Hello Kitty one, it'd have to be pink!
C'mon, if I was to get a Hello Kitty one, it'd have to be pink!

* Correction- 'It'd have to be...'= 'It is...' :tongue:
Same but now I lose marks for presentation now. :mmm: If you really want to stop them from ripping get something like this. I literally just sat and put these on everything in my folders. They're pretty good though. :rofl: Here-
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/whsmith-clear-hole-re-inforcers-pack-of-1000/34531945

Do you know what the average height for a man is in the Netherlands? :rolleyes:

I guess I could use a mixture of handwritten and computer-based then, depending on the topic. :tongue: Why? For examiners? :redface:

I can't see the picture clearly but look that's not bad at all! Just practise if you think you want it to be better. ^_^ I've seen terrible handwriting. That's not terrible. :tongue:

Oh but I do + yes the GPS is strong. :colone: (Omg... just go! That was accidental. :tongue: </3) Ooh... That's pretty ridiculous on their part. :unimpressed: Ignore them then. :biggrin:

From Staples? :teehee:

that happened to me in engineering as well, think I lost marks for my folder being ripped :frown: effort to go to whsmith though :moon:

probably like 6 foot, i think dutch people are pretty tall :eek:

my writing is bad so my teachers said i should use a computer for exams so the examiners can read it properly. :redface:

dat lighting tho :colone: lel, i had to rewrite that like 3 times in detention cos my folder wasn't neat enough :emo:

i expected better brah, you're a disappointment to GPS </3 idek why though, i normally give them back as we'll :frown:
Economics looks really difficult! :tongue: I looked at one of the economics threads and my face resembled= :lolwut:

Ah okay. 'Tis great indeedy! Yep, water polo is fun as well! Competitive too... Play it if you get the opportunity. :rofl:

Yeah... it's just that I have some friends who are 6ft and 5'10 etc. :wink: Lol. You're not even 2 years older than me, remember? :tongue: I thought it'd be the 'c' version because that's the noun? I thought words with the c are nouns e.g. 'to advise' and 'advice'. :redface:

I might give you some recognition this time. :woo:

Of course! Quite a bit of revision as well! I have three tests this week. :biggrin:

It's not too bad at the moment, I'm guessing you looked at undergraduate work or something :tongue:

I will sir dw :colonhash:

Pretty sure I'm at least 3 years older than you? I have no idea but yours had a red line under it so it's wrong :biggrin:

I'm getting recognition for the last one :colonhash: (I love this smiley it's my new fav :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:)

GL brah

Quick Reply

Latest