The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any advice/tips/links to practicing tests before doing the real ones.

Failed DB's and CS so far after practicing kenexa and SHL, but they don't seem to be any where near as hard as the real tests.

Don't really know how to prepare for them properly, any advice?
Original post by elvynboro
Does anyone have any advice/tips/links to practicing tests before doing the real ones.

Failed DB's and CS so far after practicing kenexa and SHL, but they don't seem to be any where near as hard as the real tests.

Jobtestprep / Graduate monkey, is what I used. How do you know you failed CS test? Was the response instant?

Practice. Practice. Then take the test like it doesn't even matter if you get rejected or not. Don't stress.

I'm about to do MS/DB and others. Will practice today with like 5-6 tests alongside school work. Then do the same tomorrow and submit apps.

Take tests on Monday and I really don't care about the result. And don't let friends do it for you. You are only short-changing yourself. You will inevitably have to jump through hoops like this for 5-8 years if you stay in IB or related.

Better to learn to deal with the pressure now.
Original post by Anonynous
Screwed up my Morgan Stanley Test. Did it at midnight and just wasn't concentrating at all. Half the time I was on my phone from not being bothered -.-

What a waste.

MS are in my top 3 with JP and Goldmans. Still waiting for the JP numerical.

How difficult was the MS, was it 1min/1question ?
Original post by TheRenaissanceMan

MS was fairly easy, it was SHL, iirc. Yeah it was about that. I was just mad sleey when I was doing it. I probably passed it, nonetheless.
Jobtestprep / Graduate monkey, is what I used. How do you know you failed CS test? Was the response instant?

CS replied about 2 hours later
Original post by TheRenaissanceMan

Out of interest, what do you reckon the strenght of your application is?

i.e, motivations, work experience, strong grades, extra-curriculars. Would you mind us exchanging our cover letters (i.e for MS) via email?
(edited 9 years ago)
CS replied about 2 hours later

Ahhh, I did my test 2 days ago, still awaiting a response. Seems like good news. I've attempted to keep in communication with a woman in HR since their A level programme. Hopefully that holds some level of clout. As the above user suggested.. with these tests I started with 30% / 40% but after consistent practice, I'm averaging 80%+
Out of interest, what do you reckon the strenght of your application is?

i.e, motivations, work experience, strong grades, extra-curriculars. Would you mind us exchanging our cover letters (i.e for GS) via email?

Yeah PM me your email.

I have no clue but a graduate analyst at a different BB who had previously worked for GS in Front Office IBD told me my app should decent enough. It would be silly for me to rate my own chances as I am not HR. Even grad analysts can't really rate your chances.

Only focussed on getting just one offer TBH. In an ideal world GS, MS, JP but either way fairly indifferent about the results.
Ahhh, I did my test 2 days ago, still awaiting a response. Seems like good news. I've attempted to keep in communication with a woman in HR since their A level programme. Hopefully that holds some level of clout. As the above user suggested.. with these tests I started with 30% / 40% but after consistent practice, I'm averaging 80%+

Those are great scores. I thought I train wrecked the CS as it was my first, but it seems from me hearing no response for 1-2 weeks, then I am safe. For now....

What sources are you using to practice? And yeah I would assume it's good news you've not heard! :smile:
Guys, just wondering if anyone has particular insights or advice regarding Rothschild recruitment process? I am quite keen on the firm. Thx!
Original post by IB Fanboy
Guys, just wondering if anyone has particular insights or advice regarding Rothschild recruitment process? I am quite keen on the firm. Thx!

A little research would've clarified this information: http://www.rothschild.com/careers/europe/application_process/
Has anyone applied to RBC? Do they use any test?
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Has anyone applied to RBC? Do they use any test?

Applied, haven't recieved a test invite as of yet.
Applied, haven't recieved a test invite as of yet.

Did you also submit a cover letter in the "Supporting documents section"?
How about ICAP? Do they have any tests?

By the way, where do you study?
A little research would've clarified this information: http://www.rothschild.com/careers/europe/application_process/

Sorry, I wasn't eloquent enough. I meant to ask if anyone had any advice or insights in passing the recruitment process (the actual day of assessments, peculiar interview questions etc), which you have graciously shared the link to. Thx in advance!
Did you also submit a cover letter in the "Supporting documents section"?
How about ICAP? Do they have any tests?

By the way, where do you study?

RBC doesn't require CL. They have ingrained comp q.

Original post by IB Fanboy
Sorry, I wasn't eloquent enough. I meant to ask if anyone had any advice or insights in passing the recruitment process (the actual day of assessments, peculiar interview questions etc), which you have graciously shared the link to. Thx in advance!

Show personality, enthusiasm and interest.
RBC doesn't require CL. They have ingrained comp q.

Show personality, enthusiasm and interest.

Yeah, I've seen that. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Where else have you applied?
Yeah, I've seen that. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Where else have you applied?

ICAP
ROTHSCHILD
J.P. MORGAN
NOMURA
BANK OF AMERICA
CREDIT SUISSE
MORGAN STANLEY
HSBC
BLACKROCK
Nationwide Risk 2015 Summer internship
BNP PARIBAS