The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Well ages ago I posted in this group that I'd be applying for Economics, but a change of heart has lead me to apply for Mathematics instead! So good luck with your applications everyone, but I no longer belong in the Economics group! If anyone is applying for Edinburgh though, please message me! It's my main choice and it would be nice to meet some friends that I could potentially see at uni!
Had 2 offers from 5 so far, Bath (A*AA) and Bristol (AAB). Received acknowledgment from Oxford, LSE and Warwick too. Predicted 3A*s at A2 (economics, geography and maths) and an A in my EPQ and achieved 4A's at AS (the other 3 subjects and chemistry - took part in Chemistry Olympiad and got a silver award in Cambridge Chemistry Challenge). Got 8A*s, 2As, a distinction and a B at GCSE (B in Latin). Gained work experience at HSBC, did Young Enterprise, attended lectures at LSE and read books too, as well as doing Target 2.0. Good luck to everyone!
Original post by 789tom789
Had 2 offers from 5 so far, Bath (A*AA) and Bristol (AAB). Received acknowledgment from Oxford, LSE and Warwick too. Predicted 3A*s at A2 (economics, geography and maths) and an A in my EPQ and achieved 4A's at AS (the other 3 subjects and chemistry - took part in Chemistry Olympiad and got a silver award in Cambridge Chemistry Challenge). Got 8A*s, 2As, a distinction and a B at GCSE (B in Latin). Gained work experience at HSBC, did Young Enterprise, attended lectures at LSE and read books too, as well as doing Target 2.0. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!! Having two offers must be such a relief! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Congratulations!! Having two offers must be such a relief! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it is, I come from a pretty bad college too so hopefully that'll help with LSE and Oxford.
I guess it is, I come from a pretty bad college too so hopefully that'll help with LSE and Oxford.

Yeah they look contextually so that may go in your favour :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah they look contextually so that may go in your favour :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saw you hope to go to Warwick, good luck! I may see you there....
Reply 566

Congrats:awesome: I hope I get an offer that quickly!
How bad is your college? As in stats wise?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Congrats:awesome: I hope I get an offer that quickly!
How bad is your college? As in stats wise?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's in the bottom 40% of the country so qualifies for contextual offers, average point score per A Level entry is 212.5 and that means the average grade is a C basically. 4% of people get AAB or higher.
Saw you hope to go to Warwick, good luck! I may see you there....

Ooh it's my favourite really (even though I've applied to cambridge too) I really want to get in gah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 569
Well it's in the bottom 40% of the country so qualifies for contextual offers, average point score per A Level entry is 212.5 and that means the average grade is a C basically. 4% of people get AAB or higher.

Oh that makes me feel a lot better:tongue: my school is actually worse than your's. Average point score per a level entry is 191.8 (D+). 0% achieve aab at a level:tongue: do you know if all unis look at how good your school is?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
Original post by callmethed0ctor
Well ages ago I posted in this group that I'd be applying for Economics, but a change of heart has lead me to apply for Mathematics instead! So good luck with your applications everyone, but I no longer belong in the Economics group! If anyone is applying for Edinburgh though, please message me! It's my main choice and it would be nice to meet some friends that I could potentially see at uni!

Edinburgh is my first choice also, where are you applying from? Have you visited the uni yet and if so what did you think? :smile:
Original post by Con08
Edinburgh is my first choice also, where are you applying from? Have you visited the uni yet and if so what did you think? :smile:

Hi! I'm from Newcastle, you? Yeah I went up in June for the open day and fell in love with the place. City is beautiful, university is well kitted out and the lecturers seemed really nice so I'm hoping and praying for an offer! What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 572
I got 11A* 1A at GCSE
At AS level,
Maths - A
Economics - A
History - A
Politics - B

Predicted grades should be - A*A*A, so I was just wondering with a good PS and reference, do you guys think il get offers from Wawrick and Nottingham ?
Reply 573
Original post by dstunr
I got 11A* 1A at GCSE
At AS level,
Maths - A
Economics - A
History - A
Politics - B

Predicted grades should be - A*A*A, so I was just wondering with a good PS and reference, do you guys think il get offers from Wawrick and Nottingham ?

Most probably yes:redface:
You have a good shot, i'd say go for it:yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from Warwick on Wednesday, but still waiting on my other 4, has anyone heard from Durham yet?
Reply 575
Original post by Dontlookatme
Got an offer from Warwick on Wednesday, but still waiting on my other 4, has anyone heard from Durham yet?

If you dont mind, what are your stats and when did you send your ucas off? Congrats btw:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
If you dont mind, what are your stats and when did you send your ucas off? Congrats btw:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would also like to know this as i'm still waiting on Warwick.
Original post by Dontlookatme

Ooh I'm so jealous I love warwick, nah I've not heard a thing from durham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh I'm so jealous I love warwick, nah I've not heard a thing from durham

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE have told me i will recieve a decision by next Tuesday and i expect a decision from Warwick soon...
LSE have told me i will recieve a decision by next Tuesday and i expect a decision from Warwick soon...

Hopefully it's good news, if you don't mind me asking when did you apply and what are your stats?! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending