Scroll to see replies

Original post by Canttellyou
I can't wait, I'm exhausted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midnightmemories
Anyone else looking forward to half term? :P

Oh yes, I'm quite busy but hopefully I'll be able to spend more time with my boyfriend. Although his parents are mad keen on revision so they may not let me
...Am I the only one who isn't too fussed about the mocks?
I have 70 more maths topics (I'm a B/C grade student awks) to cover by the time of the mocks in 50 days, so I'm well aware that I'll get a C. Plus, not revising too much will mean these grades will be the bare minimum I'll achieve in the real thing if I don't do much revision- so chances are I'll go up 1/2 grades in the real thing. I'll revise for science, geography, German and English because I need them for A level. Not even feeling guilty about this :confused:
Original post by ImagineCats
I have 70 more maths topics (I'm a B/C grade student awks) to cover by the time of the mocks in 50 days, so I'm well aware that I'll get a C. Plus, not revising too much will mean these grades will be the bare minimum I'll achieve in the real thing if I don't do much revision- so chances are I'll go up 1/2 grades in the real thing. I'll revise for science, geography, German and English because I need them for A level. Not even feeling guilty about this :confused:

I'm trying to go by this attitude, as our deputy head told us to relax over half term. Instead of revising for hours, we're supposed to just go over our notes to make sure we have them for every topic. I'm going to revise for English, Psychology, R.S and Spanish over half term since these are the subjects I'm considering for A Level, but on the other hand I think I should focus on Maths and Science more as those are the subjects I struggle most with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our school has actually told us to just look over stuff. They don't want us getting stressed at this point, so they said we should just get our work done for now and only start scaling it up after Feb half term.

I'm not fussed about mocks either, ours won't be like the actual exams because we haven't covered all the stuff yet :s-smilie: and our year 10 mocks were fine so I'm confident.

I'm not too fussed about them either. At the end of the day, there's going to be quite a lot of stuff on them - more so in some subjects than others - that we aren't going to have covered yet and we're likely not going to know (at least at my school).

They're just going to be helpful to identify the weaker areas and the things that we need to work on/revise for, but that's pretty much it as far as I'm concerned. I will revise for them, but I'm not going to revise myself half to death like I did last year, it just isn't necessary.

I'm saving my stresses for the real thing ;P

Yes!

SO MUCH! But there is SO much to do after half term. I'm dying with the amount of coursework I have...

The sixth form that I want to go to has an entry requirement of an average of 54 points. So I'll need an average of more than an A in my predicted grades, therefore I have to revise for mocks.
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Anyone done/about to do your science ISA? My additional science ISA is tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my chemistry ISA last year. It was great, easiest controlled assessments out of all my GCSEs. I'm going to do Bio and Physics ISAs after half term so fingers crossed that they go well.
Is anyone doing AQA further maths?
Original post by JanitaTwain
Is anyone doing AQA further maths?

I am! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what are you guys thinking of taking for A-Levels? or are some of you considering IB???
You see, all you guys go to schools that actually care about your wellbeing; mine has more of a motto of "Work until you go insane (but not so insane that you fail your exams and make us go down in the league table)"
I mean, every single last one of my target grades are A*s, and if I don't achieve that in every mock exam and every end of unit test, I'm under-achieving. The pressure is ridiculous...
Original post by Martie08
I mean, every single last one of my target grades are A*s, and if I don't achieve that in every mock exam and every end of unit test, I'm under-achieving. The pressure is ridiculous...

That's horrible, I think you should just focus on the best that YOU can do rather than what you have been predicted. They probably gave you really high predicted grades so you would work really hard to get them. Schools like that are really bad :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Martie08
You see, all you guys go to schools that actually care about your wellbeing; mine has more of a motto of "Work until you go insane (but not so insane that you fail your exams and make us go down in the league table)"

Ah... Make me an exception to the 'all you guys'. Unfortunately...
Original post by germanshepherd_
So what are you guys thinking of taking for A-Levels? or are some of you considering IB???

The school I go to doesn't offer IB. I would probably do A-levels regardless: Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Maths are my choices are the moment. What about you? :smile:
Original post by JanitaTwain
I did my chemistry ISA last year. It was great, easiest controlled assessments out of all my GCSEs. I'm going to do Bio and Physics ISAs after half term so fingers crossed that they go well.

I've done chemistry and biology, and I'm doing physics after half term :smile: I found chemistry easier than biology though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
The school I go to doesn't offer IB. I would probably do A-levels regardless: Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Maths are my choices are the moment. What about you? :smile:

Snap with the A level choices at the moment :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest