The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead
I think the best way I can see to do it (get Fabregas and an Everton defender) without knee-jerking on Sterling who tbf is still picking up points, is by sacrificing my goalkeeper rotation. I could do:

Beg ----> Foster
Heaton ------> £4m (maybe hulls third choice who is playing atm - Janu)

Freeing up £1m to go

Bardsley ----> Jags
Silva ------> fab

doubt Jags will score again this decade but surely Everton will start racking up the C/S in coming games

Sounds alright. Bit of an effort to do all that just for Jag but they have good fixtures. I would only consider Baines tbh, he's the whole FPL package. I'm desperate for Sterling to flop tomorrow to give me the push to sell him. But high ownership players are always risky to sell.
Original post by fallen_acorns
hmm, the only easy route to get aguaro in, is to drop sanchez.. but I dont want to do that as he is not doing to badly.. he has overtaken ramsey, and seems to be a focal point for arsenal..

Hmm, other possible drop would be di maria..

Or my prefered option is dropping stirling, but then that leads to needing a -8pt..

Ot I do it over 2 weeks, which is probably the best option.. no point hit this week, and I downgrade a player, and then next week it stirling + welbeck out, and aguaro + other, in

If you can do direct swaps Welbeck and Sterling to Aguero and Tadic that would be very good.

Why you have 2 Arsenal players is worrying even though they got you the points this week. I know you're an Arsenal fan but still.
Original post by Isometrix
Sounds alright. Bit of an effort to do all that just for Jag but they have good fixtures. I would only consider Baines tbh, he's the whole FPL package. I'm desperate for Sterling to flop tomorrow to give me the push to sell him. But high ownership players are always risky to sell.

I've found what I think is a better option. I'm going to go:

Bardsley ----> Wisdom
Bego -----> Howard
Silva -----> Fab

saves me a transfer and is just a four point hit, with Sterling to Walcott available by sacrificing Heaton for a £4m keeper

Cheers for the advice. I think a kick up the ass re. fabregas was what I needed. Despite Tadic's great stats, it's hard to see Southampton maintaining this form. But Chelsea will just grind on and on...
If you can do direct swaps Welbeck and Sterling to Aguero and Tadic that would be very good.

Why you have 2 Arsenal players is worrying even though they got you the points this week. I know you're an Arsenal fan but still.

it is mostly because I am an arsenal fan.. and they had a good run of fixtures - but its looking worse and worse..

I really like sanchez, and he has had a decent start to the season, and would make a great differencial, but his price is becoming far to high of a burden now that there is 2 high costing forwards both scoring.. and that he is still scoring less then the player I would have had insetad (fabregas)

Taking away my fan bias, I think it will probably just have to be a -4pt hit, welbeck to aguaro, sanchez to some low midfielder..

Having no arsenal coverage at all though :frown:
Original post by Mister Dead
I've found what I think is a better option. I'm going to go:

Bardsley ----> Wisdom
Bego -----> Howard
Silva -----> Fab

saves me a transfer and is just a four point hit, with Sterling to Walcott available by sacrificing Heaton for a £4m keeper

Cheers for the advice. I think a kick up the ass re. fabregas was what I needed. Despite Tadic's great stats, it's hard to see Southampton maintaining this form. But Chelsea will just grind on and on...

Yeah that looks better :yy:
getting rid of sterling. Don't trust brenton with him. I'm not sure on Tadic; fantastic week but you obviously won't see this kind of scoreline every week, let alone from Soton. They're not gonna be able to maintain this top form for ages (although it should continue for a decent while).

Why did you have to go get injured sturridge :'(.

Got chambers/hutton/clyne next week (**** sake Azpi). Hopefully a couple of clean sheets as QPR are ****ing **** even if Villa aren't great themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
**** you Sturridge! Brought him for in Pelle who got plenty of points :frown:

yeah, i spent my transfers getting him in then had to take a hit to get him back out :frown:

Original post by sr90
Still clinging on to top spot but my lead is down to a single point. Some people have fantastic scores this week.

yeah, this will definitely be one of those weeks where scores are very spread out.
anybody who captained aguero (or pelle) will have a massive advantage since the majority of people won't have costa to save them this week.

not gonna lie, i got lucky.
made a mistake bringing in sturridge too early and i was fortunate that i brought in aguero and captained him.
Original post by The Assassin
getting rid of sterling. Don't trust brenton with him. I'm not sure on Tadic; fantastic week but you obviously won't see this kind of scoreline every week, let alone from Soton. They're not gonna be able to maintain this top form for ages (although it should continue for a decent while).

They have a horrific run of games coming up over the Christmas period, a run of games which is notorious for injuries/shock results at the best of times. This is why i'm reluctant to triple up on them long term.

30 Nov 13:30 Gameweek 13 Man City (H)
03 Dec 19:45 Gameweek 14 Arsenal (A)
08 Dec 20:00 Gameweek 15 Man Utd (H)
13 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 16 Burnley (A)
20 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 17 Everton (H)
26 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 Crystal Palace (A)
28 Dec 14:05 Gameweek 19 Chelsea (H)
01 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 20 Arsenal (H)
10 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 21 Man Utd (A)
That feeling when you have no southampton players and they win 8-0.

RIP anybody crazy enough to have Sunderland defenders...
I really want to do Costa to Aguero. I know it is complete knee jerk but with Costa 100% ruled out of champions league, I think it is quite likely he won't play against United. Aguero is probably just as good a striker and if he does get injured it is an easy switch back to Costa.
City have already played the rest of last years top four and Spurs so the fixtures are about to get a lot easier whilst Costa has some harder games coming up.

It this a complete knee jerk based on 1 game in which 2 of them were penalties or does it actually make sense? It is just so tempting.

Option 2 is Pelle to Aguero, Manquillo to Chambers and El Ahmadi to Albrighton. This would be a 4 point hit and it would mean taking Pelle out before one of the easier games of the season but ... Aguero. If I wait a week and do it after the easy game for Pelle then it might be too expensive with price rises. I could do Ferdinand to any 4m defender instead of the Albrighton transfer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
yeah, i spent my transfers getting him in then had to take a hit to get him back out :frown:

yeah, this will definitely be one of those weeks where scores are very spread out.
anybody who captained aguero (or pelle) will have a massive advantage since the majority of people won't have costa to save them this week.

not gonna lie, i got lucky.
made a mistake bringing in sturridge too early and i was fortunate that i brought in aguero and captained him.

I did my transfer on Friday night and then didn't look until midday so couldn't even do the transfer back.

Costa missed out too so I had 34mil spent on strikers and only one played. Thankfully it was Aguero who I captained too :colondollar:

Not sure who to take Sturridge out for again now.
Original post by sr90
They have a horrific run of games coming up over the Christmas period, a run of games which is notorious for injuries/shock results at the best of times. This is why i'm reluctant to triple up on them long term.

30 Nov 13:30 Gameweek 13 Man City (H)
03 Dec 19:45 Gameweek 14 Arsenal (A)
08 Dec 20:00 Gameweek 15 Man Utd (H)
13 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 16 Burnley (A)
20 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 17 Everton (H)
26 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 Crystal Palace (A)
28 Dec 14:05 Gameweek 19 Chelsea (H)
01 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 20 Arsenal (H)
10 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 21 Man Utd (A)

looks like you're right about the QPR goalkeeper McCarthy. Think it'd be wise to start him vs Villa next week (I have Bego as my other GK)? Not sure if either team will get any goal.
(edited 9 years ago)
looks like you're right about the QPR goalkeeper McCarthy. Think it'd be wise to start him vs Villa next week (I have Bego as my other GK)? Not sure if either team will get any goal.

So Harry has finally worked out that Ferdinand's mobility has gone. Guy needs to retire in time for Chrimbo

Sterling is an interesting prospect to go one of two ways in coming weeks. Balotelli is so woeful that Sterling could get moved to CF and Borini brought into the first 11. If he opts just to replace Balotelli with Lambert then Sterling to Walcott or Ramsey definitely looking a goer in coming weeks. The poor lad is lost without Subway Dan.

And you have to wonder if QPR keep out Liverpool whether Green, despite his No.1 guarantee from 'Arry, will get back into the team. making McCarthy a definite £4m prospect for a rotation pairing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sterling on for 2 baps, looks like he's been saved from the chop another week.
Just realised how bad my team was set up this weekend, bloody hell, was I even looking when I made it.
Sterling on for 2 baps, looks like he's been saved from the chop another week.

How he's got 7pts from that game is beyond me. Not complaining of course!

If he's in your team already you've got nothing to lose, because if he doesn't play Begovic just gets subbed in. Looking at that performance today, can you really see QPR keeping a clean sheet though? I think McCarthy is a top keeper but the same can't be said for the defence in front of him.
Original post by sr90
How he's got 7pts from that game is beyond me. Not complaining of course!

If he's in your team already you've got nothing to lose, because if he doesn't play Begovic just gets subbed in. Looking at that performance today, can you really see QPR keeping a clean sheet though? I think McCarthy is a top keeper but the same can't be said for the defence in front of him.

yeah true, but I think there's more of a chance of him keeping one than begovic (who's playing against Soton at St Mary's). I'll see.
Liverpool defence are absolute wasters. One week that I thought Lovren might have a shot at a CS for Ufpl and they let in 2. Wtf.
Original post by Prandtl
Liverpool defence are absolute wasters. One week that I thought Lovren might have a shot at a CS for Ufpl and they let in 2. Wtf.

Lmao, sorry about that.
I really thought we'd get a convincing win, or AT LEAST a clean sheet.
Nope.

Having a Liverpool defender is suicide for fantasy premier league.
We can barely score any goals and we NEVER keep a clean sheet unless we're against Spurs.
I took a punt on Moreno for a few weeks and he paid off big for the Spurs game.
but over the full season you're better off with any other defender from any other top half team.
yer I'm Moreno crew, got him after Spurs which has turned out ****ing awful. Tbf if Balotelli could finish, I'd have had CS, Assist, double goal one week off the captain Balo-Moreno combo.

Tonight I got in Tadic purely for the price rises. Dumped Ivanovic and got in some 3.9 in his place this evening, upgraded my 4.3 to Tadic. Tadic gets even one assist against Stoke and he'll be upto 8.0 next week from today's 7.6, and then I can just ditch him and cobble together enough for an Everton defender.

Means my defence is Wisdom - Moreno - Bertrand for a week, but that's manageable, I'm not trusting any defence except Soton and Chelsea right now, and Chelsea are away to United. Might do Moreno to Felipe depending on the CL games. Defenders are ****ing **** anyway

Also can't believe I'm behind a ****ing chump like Alex Doran. Anyway squad is looking BEAST so it's all kl

Quick Reply

Latest