The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2015 hopefuls!

Hi all,

having made a quick search and not being able to find a similar thread, I have decided to start a new one for anyone applying to Lancaster University for 2015 entry, introduce yourselves!

Username : MO2898
AS results : AABB (maths, physics, Arabic, economics)
A2 predicted : AAB (maths, physics, Arabic)
Course applied for : MPhys Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology (AAA typical offer)
Extras: Lancaster university summer school (July 2014), British Physics Olympiad (Nov 2014)

Sent my application last Monday, fingers crossed they won't be taking too long with a decision!

Good luck guys.:smile:

Connect to Lancaster here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MO2898
Hi all,

having made a quick search and not being able to find a similar thread, I have decided to start a new one for anyone applying to Lancaster University for 2015 entry, introduce yourselves!

Username : MO2898
AS results : AABB (maths, physics, Arabic, economics)
A2 predicted : AAB (maths, physics, Arabic)
Course applied for : MPhys Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology (AAA typical offer)
Extras: Lancaster university summer school (July 2014), British Physics Olympiad (Nov 2014)

Sent my application last Monday, fingers crossed they won't be taking too long with a decision!

Good luck guys.:smile:

Hey :

Username: Sar_grant
As: aaab
Predicted a*aa
Applying for English Lit and Cw
Typical offer aaa-aab.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hey,

Course: Geography/North America BSc (AAA)
GCSE: 8As 3Bs (mitigating circumstances)
A2 Predictions: A*A*AB
Extras: LSE summer course :smile:
Hey! I got an offer from Lancaster today for English & Creative Writing.My A-Levels were BCC, and my GCSE's 2xA*, 5xA & 3xB's - but several years ago now...I'm coming in at 23; I've worked as an engineer for 4 years in the Maritime industry, and at the same time studied through the OU with an average 81%, so put an application in, and low and behold, have an offer. Any other potential English students lurking?
Hey! :smile:
I'm a little new to TSR, but I'm really looking forward to getting to know some of you!
Username: hrl96
Course: Modern Languages (typical offer 32-35 points)
IB Predicted Grade: 42 points
My application was finished on Friday, I just wish my sixth form would add my reference and send it off already!
Has anyone taken a look at the colleges? Which ones do you like the look of?
Hi,

Course: Politics and International Relations

AS Results: AAAB

A2 Predicted Grades: A*A*A*

UMS average: 97.7%

Sent my application off the Friday before last. I had an acknowledgement at 5am last Monday but no offer yet!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alex347_
Hi,

Course: Politics and International Relations

AS Results: AAAB

A2 Predicted Grades: A*A*A*

UMS average: 97.7%

Sent my application off the Friday before last. I had an acknowledgement at 5am last Monday but no offer yet!

Hi

Course : Criminology and Sociology
I do not do ALevels, taking an Associates Degree course in my country.
Sent my application off on Wednesday, actually changed one of my Uni's to Lancaster and got an acknowledgement email the same day I changed my Uni choice.

No offers yet so I guess we are in the same boat. Hoping they get back to us both soon.
Original post by Sheshe1423
Hi

Course : Criminology and Sociology
I do not do ALevels, taking an Associates Degree course in my country.
Sent my application off on Wednesday, actually changed one of my Uni's to Lancaster and got an acknowledgement email the same day I changed my Uni choice.

No offers yet so I guess we are in the same boat. Hoping they get back to us both soon.

Yeah I'm sure they will, it's only been a few days for you and not that many working days for me. I'll only panic if there's no decision by Friday haha.
Yeah I'm sure they will, it's only been a few days for you and not that many working days for me. I'll only panic if there's no decision by Friday haha.

Lol. It's so nerve-racking atm. I probably check track a few times knowing nothing has changed. And I am always checking my emails but still nothing. It's like I am losing patience. But I think I can wait some more. Lol
Original post by Sheshe1423
Lol. It's so nerve-racking atm. I probably check track a few times knowing nothing has changed. And I am always checking my emails but still nothing. It's like I am losing patience. But I think I can wait some more. Lol

Haha yes same. I have an offer now from the University of Leeds, and it came when I wasn't looking so now I've stopped checking so much :P. My theory being it'll come if I don't look! As long as your predictions or qualifications meet the requirements you should get an offer. Lancaster is quite undersubscribed considering its ranking. Where are you from by the way?
Haha yes same. I have an offer now from the University of Leeds, and it came when I wasn't looking so now I've stopped checking so much :P. My theory being it'll come if I don't look! As long as your predictions or qualifications meet the requirements you should get an offer. Lancaster is quite undersubscribed considering its ranking. Where are you from by the way?

Well I guess I should stop looking too.

And I am from the Turks and Caicos. Will be traveling far come next year. Depending on which Uni I get into.

Where are you from and what other Uni's have you applied to?
Reply 11
AS results : AABB (Law, English Lang/Lit, Sociology, Religious Studies)
A2 predicted : AAB (Law, English Lang/Lit, Sociology)
Course applied for: Criminology
Extras: Cambridge Law Conference, A2S/A2L Scheme's, Divisional and National policing awards.

I received an offer from Lancaster on Thursday.
Original post by 08vihe
AS results : AABB (Law, English Lang/Lit, Sociology, Religious Studies)
A2 predicted : AAB (Law, English Lang/Lit, Sociology)
Course applied for: Criminology
Extras: Cambridge Law Conference, A2S/A2L Scheme's, Divisional and National policing awards.

I received an offer from Lancaster on Thursday.

Congrats on the offer. I am applying for Criminology as well at Lancaster but no offers as yet.
AS Results: AAAB (Law, English Lit, Maths, General Studies) and an A at A level sociology
A2 prediction: A*A*AA (Law, Maths, English Lit, Gen Studies) and an EPQ.
Haven't yet applied but considering the Law and Criminology degree.

Does anyone know if Lancaster accept A levels done a year early? Hoping for a lower offer because of my A in Sociology.
Reply 14
Original post by HopefulLawyerHG
AS Results: AAAB (Law, English Lit, Maths, General Studies) and an A at A level sociology
A2 prediction: A*A*AA (Law, Maths, English Lit, Gen Studies) and an EPQ.
Haven't yet applied but considering the Law and Criminology degree.

Does anyone know if Lancaster accept A levels done a year early? Hoping for a lower offer because of my A in Sociology.

An A Level is an A Level, it doesn't matter when it was done. I have an AS in Religious Studies at a grade B which was a year early. They're sure to respect it as it proves you have been intellectually and academically able since a young age.
Original post by 08vihe
An A Level is an A Level, it doesn't matter when it was done. I have an AS in Religious Studies at a grade B which was a year early. They're sure to respect it as it proves you have been intellectually and academically able since a young age.

Thanks! Really hoping that if I apply I will get a lower offer, potentially my insurance choice
Applied yesterday for the Geography/North America BSc... Hoping for an offer shortly! :smile:
AS Results : AABB (business, textiles, economics and accounting)
A2 Predicted : AAA
Applied twice to Lancaster, economics and business with industry and economics Bsc&MEcon.

i sent my UCAS off 3 weeks ago now, still waiting for my college to send it after writing my references but i've been assured it will go this week... i hate the waiting :frown:
Applied to BSc Physics for the lower grade offer :P

AS: AAAAB

A2 predicted: A*A*AAA
Applied to Mathematics (Study Abroad)
GCSE's: 9A*, 3A
AS: AAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
A Level predicted: A*A*A (Maths, Further Maths, Physics)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending