The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Am on Facebook on and off if you need a chat :hugs: Though I will have to go to bed soon. Starting to get sleepy :colondollar:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
depsoc is a lot easier and more fun to say too :tongue:

and yeah, a whole load of crap went down between individual people on Skype/msn/facebook, iirc - and it had all been bubbling underneath the surface for a while

i do find myself wondering about some of the people who left us though

Agreed! :five:

Oh god yeah, all those arguments that went on for days... probably didn't help that we were all sleeping with each other. :tongue:

I wonder occasionally, but mostly I'm just glad about the people I've kept in touch with from the old crowd. Like Saber, Rob, bullettheory, fire2burn, and all the various people who've changed names since then. :smile:

Original post by Anonymous #2
It definitely was.

It probably wasn't your fault, she is the one who requested the ban.

Definitely a good place. There is no other place where I can write/say what I am feeling and have a bunch of lovely people jump at the chance to help me. Luckily I've improved a lot since MHSS emerged but DepSoc certainly saved my life a few times.

Yeah, I wouldn't be here without DepSoc either! :woo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Am on Facebook on and off if you need a chat :hugs: Though I will have to go to bed soon. Starting to get sleepy :colondollar:

its fine but thanks. don't really feel up to talking :frown:

It probably wasn't your fault, she is the one who requested the ban.

Definitely a good place. There is no other place where I can write/say what I am feeling and have a bunch of lovely people jump at the chance to help me. Luckily I've improved a lot since MHSS emerged but DepSoc certainly saved my life a few times.

But I felt/feel like the one who drove her to do it.

There was a short lived highly sensitive person (HSP) society that helped for a little while :h: My very first poster on MHSS that I befriended was Poncho and then Sarah' followed suit. Nut was helpful to me before she left too. I feel that me in the MHSS has grown a lot in the last two years I've been here. I speak to everyone on here without hesitation when before, talking to TLG, superwolf and well everyone was daunting because everyone was so used to each other. I didn't want to tread on any toes and didn't really communicate for a while. Thank rock n roll that Poncho and Sarah' saw past my timidness and spoke to me, otherwise I don't think I'd be on this thread making this post if they didn't :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by superwolf

Yeah, I wouldn't be here without DepSoc either! :woo:

:five: Despite all the arguments and stuff that went on there it definitely was invaluable to many.
Original post by ScaryScience
its fine but thanks. don't really feel up to talking :frown:

No worries hun, just wanted you to know the offer was there if you wanted it. Hope you feel much better soon :jumphug:
Just found out that a certain family member who violently attacked me and put me in hospital is moving back into my mums house and guess what.. into my bedroom. I now have nowhere to go home to (when not at uni).

Yep no sobriety tonight
That's my recollection of what happened at least. :smile:

is IGregg who i think it is? :unimpressed?
That fight or flight feeling is back
Original post by Cinnie
Just found out that a certain family member who violently attacked me and put me in hospital is moving back into my mums house and guess what.. into my bedroom. I now have nowhere to go home to (when not at uni).

Yep no sobriety tonight

That's awful, does your mum not want him away from you?
Original post by IDukem
But I felt/feel like the one who drove her to do it.

There was a short lived highly sensitive person (HSP) society that helped for a little while :h: My very first poster on MHSS that I befriended was Poncho and then Sarah' followed suit. Nut was helpful to me before she left too. I feel that me in the MHSS has grown a lot in the last two years I've been here. I speak to everyone on here without hesitation when before, talking to TLG, superwolf and well everyone was daunting because everyone was so used to each other. I didn't want to tread on any toes and didn't really communicate for a while. Thank rock n roll that Poncho and Sarah' saw past my timidness and spoke to me, otherwise I don't I'd be on this thread making this post if they didn't :h:

Either way it was a while ago now and it doesn't do well to dwell on the past.

I was very similar. I read everybody's posts but didn't post myself for a few threads. I am very glad you are posting today :yep:
Agreed! :five:

Oh god yeah, all those arguments that went on for days... probably didn't help that we were all sleeping with each other. :tongue:

I wonder occasionally, but mostly I'm just glad about the people I've kept in touch with from the old crowd. Like Saber, Rob, bullettheory, fire2burn, and all the various people who've changed names since then. :smile:

hey, don't you pull me into this :tongue: i wasn't sleeping with nobody :wink:

just people like Nut and Laut who i actually talked to on Skype and msn and got to know, its a weird relationship we create on here - we know so much about each other and yet know so little about them at the same time

and don't even get me onto the topic of having to contact family members and friends in an emergency - and then having to explain that no, you didn't know where they were, really, but you knew who they were and you were friends on Facebook :tongue:
Original post by Cinnie

Yep no sobriety tonight

:frown: I guess at least uni's safe for you. :console: Is the rest of your family fully aware of what went on? Cos if so that's disgusting of them to basically condone what that person did. :s-smilie:

Original post by PandaWho
is IGregg who i think it is? :unimpressed?

It's exactly who you think it is. :teehee: :rip: :teehee:
Original post by IDukem
But I felt/feel like the one who drove her to do it. There was a short lived highly sensitive person (HSP) society that helped for a little while My very first poster on MHSS that I befriended was Poncho and then Sarah' followed suit. Nut was helpful to me before she left too. I feel that me in the MHSS has grown a lot in the last two years I've been here. I speak to everyone on here without hesitation when before, talking to TLG, superwolf and well everyone was daunting because everyone was so used to each other. I didn't want to tread on any toes and didn't really communicate for a while. Thank rock n roll that Poncho and Sarah' saw past my timidness and spoke to me, otherwise I don't think I'd be on this thread making this post if they didn't
i hear that poncho is a proper knob :ninja:
Original post by james1211
That's awful, does your mum not want him away from you?

:frown: I guess at least uni's safe for you. :console: Is the rest of your family fully aware of what went on? Cos if so that's disgusting of them to basically condone what that person did. :s-smilie:

It's exactly who you think it is. :teehee: :rip: :teehee:

He now has terminal cancer (tumor in his brain stem - he has no visible effects whatsoever but will just drop dead one day) and he has autism ---------> so I guess it's ok that he used me as a punching bag for 3 years.

+ My family let me down massively. That's all I can say really. They knew it was happening - even saw it happening. They helped short term, to separate him from me but we still lived together until I was eventually put in hospital with

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
hey, don't you pull me into this :tongue: i wasn't sleeping with nobody :wink:

just people like Nut and Laut who i actually talked to on Skype and msn and got to know, its a weird relationship we create on here - we know so much about each other and yet know so little about them at the same time

and don't even get me onto the topic of having to contact family members and friends in an emergency - and then having to explain that no, you didn't know where they were, really, but you knew who they were and you were friends on Facebook :tongue:

Yeah, it was all pretty intense, probably no wonder it all exploded a little. :tongue:

Nut was lovely, she's someone I'd have liked to stay in touch with.
Either way it was a while ago now and it doesn't do well to dwell on the past.

I was very similar. I read everybody's posts but didn't post myself for a few threads. I am very glad you are posting today :yep:

Yeah well easier said than done. I'm doing better than I did back then.

Same, although I did post in the first thread I saw, it just took me a week or so before plucking up the courage to do so. Awww thanks :blush: I'm glad to have spoken to you, whether the feeling is mutual or not I don't know, but I'd call you an amazing TSR friend that I have :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie

Yep no sobriety tonight

That's terrible! I'm so sorry :frown:

Big TLG hugs from here :jumphug:
i hate myself because i can't feel good about anything - everything that other people might feel proud about, i just automatically feel ashamed of because i could've done better and i feel like everybody is laughing at me behind my back and it makes me feel like a piece of ungrateful crap. and those rare moments i do feel good or proud of myself about, i then feel guilty about because i don't feel like i deserve to feel good.

Yeah, ... the problem is, that one has to practise to feel good. So don't give up trying. And of course you deserve it!!! Be grateful by being happy!!! It is extremely hard, I know, and I better stop writing, because ... well ...

(I am so bad at that, too... )

Latest