The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ey up, #endOfsted is trending on Twitter. :hmmm:
Original post by kiera28
I hate school too what are you planning on doing afterwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get good GCSE grades, get some good A levels at a decent sixth form, get onto the degree course I want to do and study/live far far far away. :tongue:
Original post by Steliata

Hmm... :K: Is there actually any reason behind this? Or are people generally just sick of them.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
At my school our lessons are 40 minutes but our ICT sessions are double lessons, so we end up having two 1hr 20 mins lessons a week. In the exam we have to design a website.

Our teacher wants us to come into school during half term so we can practice; I'm on holiday on both the days that they're holding these sessions though so after half term he wants me to stay behind after school on a Friday to practice :s-smilie:

Do you have your mocks coming up soon?

Oh okay! There is a kit of variation in schools' lesson times. I thought 1 hour was common! :tongue: That actually sounds like fun. Except for maybe the time pressure etc. :colondollar: Do you have to do it Dreamweaver though?

Really? Wow. O_o Are you going for them? ^_^

I'm not sure if mine are in January or Summer. I'm in Year 10 btw. I keep forgetting to ask! I will do so tomorrow. :tongue:

Original post by vd12345
i don't know! im still confused. We did ordinary and extraordinary in year 10, and my theme was basketball.

Will you ask? So many different things in the subject. :s-smilie: Ah okay! Good luck anyway! :biggrin:

... You like basketball? :colone:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Oh okay! There is a kit of variation in schools' lesson times. I thought 1 hour was common! :tongue: That actually sounds like fun. Except for maybe the time pressure etc. :colondollar: Do you have to do it Dreamweaver though?

I'm not sure if mine are in January or Summer. I'm in Year 10 btw. I keep forgetting to ask! I will do so tomorrow. :tongue:

Will you ask? So many different things in the subject. :s-smilie: Ah okay! Good luck anyway! :biggrin:

... You like basketball? :colone:
Posted from TSR Mobile

yes I love basketball :biggrin: you too I suppose?
Original post by Steliata

I know I'm helping trend it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure if mine are in January or Summer. I'm in Year 10 btw. I keep forgetting to ask! I will do so tomorrow. :tongue:Posted from TSR Mobile

At my friend's school they have 1 hour lessons too, I think it is more common than 40 minutes. We've been practicing in class and it doesn't seem too bad :smile: Yep, we're using Dreamweaver.

I might go if I'm struggling and if there are other people there. I don't want to be the only one there with my teacher haha! It's really annoying that it's on a Friday though :mad:

Oh yeah, I think the Year 10 mocks are usually in the summer; mine were anyway. What subjects are you doing?
Original post by Seeyousoon
Hmm... :K: Is there actually any reason behind this? Or are people generally just sick of them.

I think it was organised by group of teachers or something. It's true though, Ofsted just puts unnecessary pressure on our teachers and wastes their time making them do things which are not to help us but to help the schools Ofsted report.
Guys, I won't reply after this. I'm want to sleep. :colondollar: Goodnight!

Original post by vd12345
yes I love basketball :biggrin: you too I suppose?

Yes I do! What position do you play? :tongue:

At my friend's school they have 1 hour lessons too, I think it is more common than 40 minutes. We've been practicing in class and it doesn't seem too bad :smile: Yep, we're using Dreamweaver.

I might go if I'm struggling and if there are other people there. I don't want to be the only one there with my teacher haha! It's really annoying that it's on a Friday though :mad:

Oh yeah, I think the Year 10 mocks are usually in the summer; mine were anyway. What subjects are you doing?

Yeah, I was going to say. Other than 1 hour lessons in my area I've seen 50mins one. That's it with any variations! :tongue: Oh okay! Do you get a brief or any time to plan before? :smile:

That might be a little awkward. :mmm: It could be beneficial but it depends on you! :biggrin: It does sound very annoying + your mind might be focussed as much on IT on a Friday. :/

I have a little while then! We have quick a lot going on in summer though. Ooh. D:

To save myself writing it out again, it's on the OP ^_^ - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2799031 Wbu?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was going to say. Other than 1 hour lessons in my area I've seen 50mins one. That's it with any variations! :tongue: Oh okay! Do you get a brief or any time to plan before? :smile:

That might be a little awkward. :mmm: It could be beneficial but it depends on you! :biggrin: It does sound very annoying + your mind might be focussed as much on IT on a Friday. :/

I have a little while then! We have quick a lot going on in summer though. Ooh. D:

To save myself writing it out again, it's on the OP ^_^ - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2799031 Wbu?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I use to be a post player, but I stopped playing basketball. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're given a brief but I don't think we have any time to plan beforehand :frown:

Haha true, I think it would be good if there was only one other person there with me; then I would still get a lot of help without too much awkwardness :biggrin: I know, the same thing happened to me last year when I was forced into an after school Biology session - it wasn't on a Friday but it was just before the end of the school year so I just couldn't focus and didn't learn a thing :colondollar:

Ah cool :smile: I do English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Double Science, ICT, Psychology, Spanish and R.S. I'm starting to wish I had chosen History instead of ICT now...I wanted to do both but I couldn't :frown:

Goodnight!
Is anyone else on half term yet? I am; this first half of term went so quickly for me, even though it's the longest half of term in the whole school year :s-smilie:
Reply 1932
Is anyone else on half term yet? I am; this first half of term went so quickly for me, even though it's the longest half of term in the whole school year :s-smilie:

Lucky you! Mine starts from next week, I hope this week goes fast, I need to start preparing for mocks, have you done any preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Canttellyou
I'm thinking of doing medicine and my A Levels are Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo:smile: what sort of GCSEs do you have/ are you predicted? I know I'm choosing bio and chem but I'm unsure of the other two, I'm thinking maybe history and sociology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
Lucky you! Mine starts from next week, I hope this week goes fast, I need to start preparing for mocks, have you done any preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I attempted to revise for my Biology and Spanish mocks over the weekend but I just got distracted :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I attempted to revise for my Biology and Spanish mocks over the weekend but I just got distracted :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love your profile pic

I should speak in Spanish so it's revision
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I love your profile pic

I should speak in Spanish so it's revision

Thanks, I love Pokémon :biggrin: Are you looking forward to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Haha, do you speak Spanish then?
Thanks, I love Pokémon :biggrin: Are you looking forward to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Haha, do you speak Spanish then?

I just gave (sold) my 3DS XL to my little brother so I don't think I will be playing

Although I'll probably take it off him because that gen was my favourite

No puedo hablar español pero estoy aprendiendolo... I don't even have a gcse in it haha

I'm in Year 13 btw, I just saw your avvie so posted
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I just gave (sold) my 3DS XL to my little brother so I don't think I will be playing

Although I'll probably take it off him because that gen was my favourite

No puedo hablar español pero estoy aprendiendolo... I don't even have a gcse in it haha

I'm in Year 13 btw, I just saw your avvie so posted

Oh okay, yeah I loved Gen 3 and can't wait for the remakes - hopefully going to Game tomorrow to download the demo and get Shiny Gengar :smile:

Ah okay haha I'm taking it for GCSE and considering it for A Level next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay, yeah I loved Gen 3 and can't wait for the remakes - hopefully going to Game tomorrow to download the demo and get Shiny Gengar :smile:

Ah okay haha I'm taking it for GCSE and considering it for A Level next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Which are you going for? Groudon or kyogre

I'd definitely recommend having a language at A level

Latest