The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Lord
Need advice on this asap really.

Is it worth applying for Politics and International Relations at LSE (requires AAA), if I'm applying for ESPS/Politics and French style courses at other places? My personal statement focuses mainly on politics but there is a fair amount of French-related stuff in it as well.

I got AAAAB in AS levels (Politics, Economics, French, Critical Thinking, English Lit) and I'm predicted A*A*A (French, Economics, Politics in that order), with 5A*s, 4As and 1B at GCSE.

I applied for Politics and Philosophy as well as ESPS/ similar courses at other universities. Linked it all in the PS.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by EHZ17
Yeah I've pushed LSE and Cambridge from my mind. Won't hear back from both of them until after Christmas. Just looking at Warwick and UCL for now tho. I just want A offer so I know I'm going somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaaaaaaah, I know you're absolutely right, but still, you sort of wonder, you know?
Yeah, but I should be prepared for rejections and really, reaaally long waits!
:rolleyes:
Reply 262
I applied to Econ at Warwick, UCL, LSE, E&M at Oxford, and also Econometrics and Mathematical Economics at LSE. How does LSE view applying to both those courses? I wouldn't mind doing either but Econometrics would probably be my first choice out of all of them.
Applied to LSE for Economic History and Economics and Economic History :smile: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 264
Just put in my app yesterday for Anthropology BSc, predicted A*AB, got an email about ten this morning to confirm they'll have got back to me within twelve weeks 😟. Anyone else applying for the same?
Original post by Gcseboy1997
Applied to LSE for Economic History and Economics and Economic History :smile: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics and Economic History too! i sent my app on oct 9th and received the 2 week email on the 14th! How about you?
Original post by harrypotterfan6
Economics and Economic History too! i sent my app on oct 9th and received the 2 week email on the 14th! How about you?

I'm doing straight Econ :/ going to have to wait a long time to hear anything concrete

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone any idea why management is AAB??
Reply 268
Is 1A* 8A 1B vastly off the mark in terms of LSE entry requirements ?
AS
History A
English Literature A
Chemistry A
Mathematics A
Or is an application worth a shot.

Got my 2 week e-mail from them on Monday for Economics and Economic History, what other courses are people applying for Economics and Economic History applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so confused.
I'm applying for economics and they sent the 'two week email'.
What is the whole process?
What is this questionnaire, if its like the SAQ I will shoot myself.

Sent it on the 13th and received it on the 14th too:smile: really want to get in to either course!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmelinelu
I'm so confused.
I'm applying for economics and they sent the 'two week email'.
What is the whole process?
What is this questionnaire, if its like the SAQ I will shoot myself.

I got an email saying 2 weeks but no questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't get a questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am IFP student! I wish to apply for bsc in Economics in LSE for 2015. But I heard that most of the foundation programme students need to sit for the entrance exam and it's a hard paper ): is it true?
Today is the last day of my second week. Has anyone received an update after the two week email?
Reply 276
Original post by JimmyElectron
Today is the last day of my second week. Has anyone received an update after the two week email?

I received a request for my math grade, my teacher had to send it. That's the only thing.
Just sent off my questionnaire.. 8 weeks is what the email said. received a 2 week email, another 2 week email and now an 8 week email! I think that's the last one before a decision as the first email stated max. 12 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chughes17
Just sent off my questionnaire.. 8 weeks is what the email said. received a 2 week email, another 2 week email and now an 8 week email! I think that's the last one before a decision as the first email stated max. 12 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here, this is going to be long...
Original post by chughes17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello!
When did you receive the 8 week email? Are you applying for straight economics?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest