The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Anybody know what time Nottinghams phone lines are open till in the week?
Original post by Rognebær
Got a week with a LA vet, starting tomorrow:biggrin:
A bit nervous. But hopefully it will be fun :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always loved farm vet experience, I've been to two LA/mixed practices and been back to both of them for more experience after the first. Be prepared for lots of TB testing, which can be repetitive but I find is a great opportunity to find out more about the herd, get to know the farmer and vet, find out about common problems, and also is a great way of getting used to working a crush and moving cows, particularly if you haven't had lots of farm experience before or simply to put the skills you've learnt on farms into practice. Be ready for hard work, long days, getting very smelly (make sure you have full waterproofs), getting the mick taken out of you by farmers, and having a generally great time, you'll meet some great characters. Make sure you're always paying attention to what's going on around you and good luck. You'll have a great time, its certainly my cup of tea!
Reply 3322
Do Bristol not have a questionnaire or work experience form to fill out?
Original post by bandyd
Do Bristol not have a questionnaire or work experience form to fill out?

Not at this stage. If you get invited for an interview they'll send you one to fill in then.
I'm having a current panic at the mo. I just realised that I put the wrong number for my UCAS ID on the RVC work experience form *facepalm*. I've decided to stay calm though and ring up the RVC admissions in the morning (i just needed to vent) :s-smilie:

word of advice: your UCAS ID number is the one you use to log into UCAS track, not UCAS apply (or any other number for that matter).
Original post by VETwannabe

word of advice: your UCAS ID number is the one you use to log into UCAS track, not UCAS apply (or any other number for that matter).

You mean they're not the samee?!!:eek:
Original post by Siriuslyserious
You mean they're not the samee?!!:eek:

They are the same for most people :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3327
Original post by chatburn
Anybody know what time Nottinghams phone lines are open till in the week?

Not great at responding to questions by phone. Many people other than me said that last year
Original post by Rachelhannah
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to be certain that the WES from Edinburgh has definitely been uploaded? I seem to have a green tick over an envelope in my EUCLID intray- does that mean that I've completed the task? I read a frequently asked questions section on this and it said that the message in my intray should disappear if it's successfully been sent- did anyone else's disappear once they sent the form? Because mine didn't and now I'm really worried.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I had the exact same worry! I emailed the University when my task had the green tick to check it had been uploaded successfully and they said it had. They also said that the message will disappear once admissions have received your WES. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by abundanceofbecca
Hi, I had the exact same worry! I emailed the University when my task had the green tick to check it had been uploaded successfully and they said it had. They also said that the message will disappear once admissions have received your WES. Hope this helps :smile:

Hi! Thank you so much for replying, I feel so much better now aha! It had been stressing me out- I was going to phone Edinburgh today to check but now I don't need to! Thanks so much and good luck with your application:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3330
Hi, I just received the work experience form from Surrey. Once you click on the link there's no turning back, is that right? You can't log in and out or anything, you just do it in one fell swoop? Is there anywhere I can get the questions so I can fill them out beforehand? Thanks.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
They are the same for most people :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I was worried there! Thanks :tongue:
Original post by VETwannabe
I'm having a current panic at the mo. I just realised that I put the wrong number for my UCAS ID on the RVC work experience form *facepalm*. I've decided to stay calm though and ring up the RVC admissions in the morning (i just needed to vent) :s-smilie:

Did you ring? I did the same thing and they said that loads of people have the same if they've reapplied and they look you up on your surname so it doesn't matter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any good practice questions for Notts Situational Judgement?? :smile:
Reply 3334
Do we need to email nottingham our grades for a level or just leave it blank?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eceidil13
Anyone got any good practice questions for Notts Situational Judgement?? :smile:

What is this situational judgement?
thanks 😀
Original post by wanttobevet
What is this situational judgement?
thanks 😀

If you've applied for Nottingham its the 3rd section of the additional questionnaires they'll have sent you. Its 30mins and timed you can only do it once :eek:
Original post by Siriuslyserious
If you've applied for Nottingham its the 3rd section of the additional questionnaires they'll have sent you. Its 30mins and timed you can only do it once :eek:

Many thanks...😊
Original post by Gerty
Hi, I just received the work experience form from Surrey. Once you click on the link there's no turning back, is that right? You can't log in and out or anything, you just do it in one fell swoop? Is there anywhere I can get the questions so I can fill them out beforehand? Thanks.

oh its not like that.
they give you ten days to fill the form since you receive the mail and you have to actually fill your usernumber and CLICK summit to really send it to the university. hope this help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachelhannah
Hi! Thank you so much for replying, I feel so much better now aha! It had been stressing me out- I was going to phone Edinburgh today to check but now I don't need to! Thanks so much and good luck with your application:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! On EUCLID if you click 'My UG Applications' at the side, and look under the 'My Clearance Check' box it should be empty when admissions receive your WES and then it's definitely been sent! Thank you so much, good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending