The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
1 power rack, 200kg ish of weight (not enough), 1 proper bar, a few EZs, DBs up to 40

SB is nice agreed, I live in Kegworth which isn't as nice but cheaper :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

200kg?! That's nothing :eek: I tried to count how much my gym had once, got to about 1000kg and got bored.

Fun fact - My mum grew up in Kegworth. I still find it amusing that Kegworth is in Leicestershire, has a Derbyshire post cost and a Nottinghamshire dialling code.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Motorbiker
That sucks. Sorry bro.

Want to max your deadlift? Not with that weight you can't.

I remember when my old uni gym back in first year only had one bar and one rack. How did I cope?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
200kg?! That's nothing :eek: I tried to count how much my gym had once, got to about 1000kg and got bored.

Fun fact - My mum grew up in Kegworth. I still find it amusing that Kegworth is in Leicestershire, has a Derbyshire post cost and a Nottinghamshire dialling code.

It might be 220 or similar with the new plates which arrived during summer exam time, however previously it was 200kg on the dot, drives anyone remotely strong potty, trying to have enough weight.

And yah Kegworth is a troll of a place with links to so many counties!

In other news #yeswecan has been successful, I just need to sign some stuff to prove I'm who I say I am and it's all good :biggrin:
#yeswecan
#yeswecan
What, you're lifting again? Update me brah. Read last couple pages. Lifts looking good!!
Original post by silent ninja
What, you're lifting again? Update me brah. Read last couple pages. Lifts looking good!!

Basically I got bored of getting skinny and eating practically nothing, started lifting again on the "all you can do is bro" programme, which is basically a bastardised version of every programme out there lol :tongue:

I work round my back issues through not being an idiot and I avoid legs as I've torn my meniscus and I'm having surgery in a month-6 weeks hopefully. Legs will return in the new year probably.

Making all kinds of gainz, bench up to 80 for 5 and press up to 50 again, another few weeks and I'll be chilling in the 2 plate club once more hopefully :biggrin:

And I'm going to be a fitness mod :smile:

Good to see you back in the gym as well mate!
Basically I got bored of getting skinny and eating practically nothing, started lifting again on the "all you can do is bro" programme, which is basically a bastardised version of every programme out there lol :tongue:

I work round my back issues through not being an idiot and I avoid legs as I've torn my meniscus and I'm having surgery in a month-6 weeks hopefully. Legs will return in the new year probably.

Making all kinds of gainz, bench up to 80 for 5 and press up to 50 again, another few weeks and I'll be chilling in the 2 plate club once more hopefully :biggrin:

And I'm going to be a fitness mod :smile:

Good to see you back in the gym as well mate!

Ooh nice. Some lifting is better than no lifting. Your legs can catch up later. If I were you I'd just keep them nice and flexible and do whatever bodyweight stuff you can do with them (if any, meniscus tear here when I was 16 and it's never healed fully but 80-90% is good enough if you manage it and don't be a hero; you're injury sounds worse though ).

So you're a bro. My bench was slightly behind yours so look forward to the friendly competition again :wink:
Original post by silent ninja
Ooh nice. Some lifting is better than no lifting. Your legs can catch up later. If I were you I'd just keep them nice and flexible and do whatever bodyweight stuff you can do with them (if any, meniscus tear here when I was 16 and it's never healed fully but 80-90% is good enough if you manage it and don't be a hero; you're injury sounds worse though ).

So you're a bro. My bench was slightly behind yours so look forward to the friendly competition again :wink:

I don't know it's a tempermental ****er, last weekend it blew up having done nothing of any note for days, yet yesterday I for the lols squatted 50kg for 5 nearing ATG and knee is fine today lol

I foam roll a fair bit, thats my flexibility stuff :smile:
I don't know it's a tempermental ****er, last weekend it blew up having done nothing of any note for days, yet yesterday I for the lols squatted 50kg for 5 nearing ATG and knee is fine today lol

I foam roll a fair bit, thats my flexibility stuff :smile:

I know that feel. My knee balloons every month or so. It can be random. I naturally walk with a little limp by the way because of the knee. I've been asked lots of times "what's wrong with your leg." I just say I walk like that, I'm fine lol it's just more comfortable :smile:
Cucumber been exercising today

Swam for 40 mins - I didn't count as I'm an egit
Had my coach of a flatmate (winning) look at my stroke, she said that other being unfit I was pretty sound technique wise, made a slight adjustment to my head turning but thats it

This afternoon

Pull ups
1 x 6
+10kg 2 x 4
+5kg 1 x 5
1 x 4

Lats destroyed by swimming

Pause Bench
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
60kg 1 x 5
70kg 1 x 5
75kg 1 x 2
80kg 1 x 2
82.5kg 2 x 4
1 x 5

The grind was real, I'll get this next time

Pendleys cause lats just don't get enough love
60kg 1 x 3
70kg 1 x 3
75kg 2 x 3
1 x 4

Discovered why my form breaks down sometimes even on warmups - not bracing core enough, think I've fixed it

Bar cable pushdowns
level 5 1 x 10
level 7 1 x 5 Oh lord so heavy

As running out time, CROSSFIT TIME

Rear delt flies 10kg DBs/ level 6 tricep pushowns/ 30kg straight bar curlz

8/8/8
8/8/4

Curlz for gurlz
10kg DBs 1 x 10

And out, another solid session particulary after battering myself as per, in the pool this morning
Unflavoured whey + hello kitty chocolate milkshake powder = cheapest and tastest protein shakes I've ever had! :biggrin:

70p for 500g of milkshake powder... das it

Negative man points though
Unflavoured whey + hello kitty chocolate milkshake powder = cheapest and tastest protein shakes I've ever had! :biggrin:

70p for 500g of milkshake powder... das it

Negative man points though

(a) where do you get the milkshake powder?

(b) what proportions do you use and what's the nutrition?

Definitely interested haha, **** man points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Implication
(a) where do you get the milkshake powder?

(b) what proportions do you use and what's the nutrition?

Definitely interested haha, **** man points

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aldi

About a quarter of a scoop (I use an old GN one) to a scoop of unflavoured

Winning
An hours swimming this morning, way too tired to consider counting, did a lot of lengths though including a 200m straight, was very hard lol. Did some butterfly as well, dat wave formation

Gym tonight if knee doesn't get any worse than currently
A question for those of you at uni and partake in the act of alcohol consumage

Any good drinking games/ anything funny to do you can think of for a decent sized group of 20+ people? I'm a social sec for 2 societies and any ideas welcome as I'd prefer to do some things different compared to previous years which were repetitive tbh

I'm injecting marshmellows with chilli as a part of it... hot stuff baby tonight!
A question for those of you at uni and partake in the act of alcohol consumage

Any good drinking games/ anything funny to do you can think of for a decent sized group of 20+ people? I'm a social sec for 2 societies and any ideas welcome as I'd prefer to do some things different compared to previous years which were repetitive tbh

I'm injecting marshmellows with chilli as a part of it... hot stuff baby tonight!

tbh difficult to do with so many people. How organised/militant do you want it to be? I'd recommend having several different things going on at once tbh.

Beer pong obviously, everyone loves it.
Depth charge is a personal favourite Always very popular and easy to explain/grasp. Can play with lots of people too.

Do you have a funnel?
Original post by illusionz
tbh difficult to do with so many people. How organised/militant do you want it to be? I'd recommend having several different things going on at once tbh.

Beer pong obviously, everyone loves it.
Depth charge is a personal favourite Always very popular and easy to explain/grasp. Can play with lots of people too.

Do you have a funnel?

I love the idea of depth charge

Also doing arrogance and a few party style games so yeah any recommendations are welcome. Problem is space as the outside company who runs our campus bar have closed access to the room we used to use due to a team trashing the place :rolleyes:

And if you're thinking of beer bong.. as much as I'd love to.. bong society of our campus got banned the year before I started and the mere mention of a beer bong could get me kicked out, uni is that against it after the legendary tales of bong soc... :lol:

Also thinking of doing jury, where you peer pressure to confess to "crimes" they've commited such as being too cocky etc. Good natured of course :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Flip cup, arrogance. Thinking for more.
OHP
20kg 1 x 5
40kg 1 x 5
45kg 1 x 5
50kg 1 x 2
52.5kg 1 x 4
1 x 5
1 x 4
1 x 1 lol

Pendlay row