This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
cant do this anymore :cry2:

Panda tell me you're ok this morning xxx :frown:
Original post by Odd socks
I dunno, it's something that is currently killing loads of people, I wouldn't want to joke about it.

I'm thinking of possibly going as link from zelda

Link is a great idea! And less complicated as a costume than Zelda.

Original post by Anonymous #2
Feel like everybody just hates me but feels too uncomfortable to tell me so.

Pretty sure that is just in your mind.

Original post by Valvopus
Made a slight error in judgement by signing up to an assassin's game at uni where you are assigned targets that you have to fake-kill. So there are now three people who are going to be actively trying to find me and I don't know who they are. On the other hand one of my targets lives on my corridor and will be dead shortly. May need to become a hermit for a while.

:biggrin:

Original post by Asexual Demigod
Is it possible that some mental illnesses/disorders can't ever be cured?

Yeah, that has to do with the different causes. Some are like e.g. down syndrome, you are born with it and can't loose it. Yet, that does not mean, symptomes often vary so much, that for most of those, even if you can't cure them, there are so much other variables, it gives you a lot of possibilities and different outcomes.
back. appointment went well (i think??) - psychologist was very nice and didn't laugh me out the door, which was good :h:

Original post by Meaty_man
You'll be fine :smile: It gets light pretty quick around now, and most people are too tired at this hour to be a bother
:v

Posted from TSR Mobile

wasn't necessarily scared of going out in the dark, i was scared of the appointment i was going to :tongue: but thanks for the pep talk :biggrin:
I miss the days where I could do something & it would make me feel anything other than bored & crap. :sigh:
Original post by Nathanielle

Pretty sure that is just in your mind.

I'd like to think so but I can't be sure.

-------------------------

Couldn't face uni today so I've let myself have the day off on the condition that I do as much catch-up work from last week as I can. Not sure how well that's going to work out for me considering I'm still in bed. Sigh.

I can feel myself slipping back into negative thought patterns about myself and the world and it's worrying me. The heaviness/anxiety in my chest is back as well. I can't relapse, I just can't :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been awake since 5. Feel so hopeless it hurts
I'd like to think so but I can't be sure.

Does that help you to believe, that it is largely your own thoughts?

I can feel myself slipping back into negative thought patterns about myself and the world and it's worrying me. The heaviness/anxiety in my chest is back as well. I can't relapse, I just can't :cry2:

(Anyway big hugs before I continue talking like a know-it-all. :wink: )

You have to be careful, that you don't fulfill your impression by somehow "overreacting" to negative signals other may have sent to you, which could have been easily forgotten by another reaction by you. Not saying, that you are responsible for everything, but to some extend we actually have it in our own hand.
Got my clearance to start volunteering. :dance:
Does that help you to believe, that it is largely your own thoughts?

(Anyway big hugs before I continue talking like a know-it-all. :wink: )

You have to be careful, that you don't fulfill your impression by somehow "overreacting" to negative signals other may have sent to you, which could have been easily forgotten by another reaction by you. Not saying, that you are responsible for everything, but to some extend we actually have it in our own hand.

It doesn't really help because the thoughts are still there but sometimes it helps to step back and ask myself is my brain manipulating the situation.

I get what you're saying, yeah. Just going to try and work through it and hope it goes away I think.
It doesn't really help because the thoughts are still there but sometimes it helps to step back and ask myself is my brain manipulating the situation.

Exactly, it just with practise it goes away quicker and quicker, at least the stuff which is triggered by things you have somehow under your control. And yeah, just understanding the manipulation helps. (Works for me.)
I'm trying to do too much, can't manage it all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cinnie
Panda tell me you're ok this morning xxx :frown:

Im fine

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf

That's really really fantastic! :biggrin:

Exactly, it just with practise it goes away quicker and quicker, at least the stuff which is triggered by things you have somehow under your control. And yeah, just understanding the manipulation helps. (Works for me.)

Original post by Odd socks
I'm trying to do too much, can't manage it all

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Have you thought about breaking it down and tackling each bit individually?
That's really really fantastic! :biggrin:

Thanks, I can't wait to start! :biggrin:

Hope you're well today. :hugs:
Thanks, I can't wait to start! :biggrin:

Hope you're well today. :hugs:

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I'm alrightish. Haven't gone into uni but I'm feeling a bit brighter than earlier so just about to start some work. :smile:

Awesome!

What are you doing?

:hugs: awesome :smile:

Yey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho

Hope it improves soon :hugs:
Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I'm alrightish. Haven't gone into uni but I'm feeling a bit brighter than earlier so just about to start some work. :smile:

Will do!

Hope the day keeps getting better for you then. :smile:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Awesome!

What are you doing?

Helping out with activities in a residential rehab place for people not quite ready to come out of hospital. At the interview it seemed really interesting and relevant to occupational therapy, so I'm pretty excited to finally be starting! :biggrin:

How you doing? I think I saw you mentioning the dreaded Crisis Team a few pages ago... :console:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:hugs: awesome :smile:

:biggrin: :hugs:

:biggrin:

Latest