The Student Room Group

RAF Selection tests? I want to be prepared!

My application has been accepted, I have been invited for a selection test next week.

What do I need to do?
What do I need to wear?
Will I be interviewed, if so what sort of questions?

Thank you!
You need to read through some of the threads on this forum. You need to read the RAF website. You need to take some responsibility and be a self-starter.
Reply 2
Original post by Trapsters
My application has been accepted, I have been invited for a selection test next week.

What do I need to do?
What do I need to wear?
Will I be interviewed, if so what sort of questions?

Thank you!

I sincerely hope this is a wind up.
Reply 3
Original post by ProStacker
You need to read through some of the threads on this forum. You need to read the RAF website. You need to take some responsibility and be a self-starter.

Link Me The Website.
Reply 4
Original post by Drewski
I sincerely hope this is a wind up.

Link Me The Website.

I do enjoy being proved correct.
It's our Gunner / Aircrew friend. May not be a wind up.
Reply 6
It's our Gunner / Aircrew friend. May not be a wind up.

You guys are supposed to help not critisize.
We do help. Look at our posting history and you'll see we help a lot.

What we DO expect is that people help themselves. We won't give you every answer you ask for, especially if it looks like you are being lazy. This includes asking what to do, what to wear and to be given the link to the RAF Careers website.

Sarcasm is something you'd need to get used to if you got in.
Reply 8
We do help. Look at our posting history and you'll see we help a lot.

What we DO expect is that people help themselves. We won't give you every answer you ask for, especially if it looks like you are being lazy. This includes asking what to do, what to wear and to be given the link to the RAF Careers website.

Sarcasm is something you'd need to get used to if you got in.

Are you in any of the armed forces? (RAF, NAVY or ARMY)
Reply 9
Are you in any of the armed forces? (RAF, NAVY or ARMY)

No, we're just really good at CoD.
Trapsters,

Google is your friend. The search function on this website is your friend. Perhaps if you were to put some of the key words from your question into one of these fantastic devices, you may find the answers you seek.

With regards to if people on here are 'in' or not, there are a couple of seniors on this forum who either are serving, or have served. Some of us are just people going through the same process. Be aware that some of the information on here may be out of date or wrong, but it should easily answer your easy questions regarding the processes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jannisjr
Trapsters,

Google is your friend. The search function on this website is your friend. Perhaps if you were to put some of the key words from your question into one of these fantastic devices, you may find the answers you seek.

With regards to if people on here are 'in' or not, there are a couple of seniors on this forum who either are serving, or have served. Some of us are just people going through the same process. Be aware that some of the information on here may be out of date or wrong, but it should easily answer your easy questions regarding the processes.

Don't feed the troll.
Trapsters, the posters on here have been a great help to myself and others in the past. The difference is, when most of us require help or advice, we exhaust all other avenues first and make sure the information we seek cannot be found elsewhere. The RAF website does not cover everything, and that's when people with experience like these guys are a great source of information.

You are asking questions so basic that it's frustrating to read. Just search the questions you want the answers for, as they have been asked and answered a million times before. Good luck, just try and use a bit of initiative in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest