The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ridiculously late reply sorry! D:

Original post by AdamCee
I've heard of Sports Leaders yeah, never done it but I have a friend who has

Christ you do take your anonymity seriously don't you :redface:
I did rollerskating for my physical (quite sad I know but I used to go like 4 times a week when I was younger so it meant I knew people who worked there to get it signed off :P), Young Enterprise for skill (ever heard of that?) and volunteered at British Heart Foundation where I live

A okay. It's basically that but with languages and the end result is teaching/leader in a foreign language! :ahee:

Yes I do. Of course. :wink:
That doesn't sound sad at all! Really cool! :biggrin: I was supposed to teach myself this summer... That kinda failed. :colondollar: Yep! I've heard of Young Enterprise. Some of my friends did it last year. ^_^ Ah okay! Well... Well done! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Ridiculously late reply sorry! D:

A okay. It's basically that but with languages and the end result is teaching/leader in a foreign language! :ahee:

Yes I do. Of course. :wink:
That doesn't sound sad at all! Really cool! :biggrin: I was supposed to teach myself this summer... That kinda failed. :colondollar: Yep! I've heard of Young Enterprise. Some of my friends did it last year. ^_^ Ah okay! Well... Well done! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no problem

And oohh right I see, something different definitely!

Do you have a local rink or do it in like the park or something? First is definitely a lot easier if you want to learn. And yeah Young Enterprise was urm... Interesting. We weren't very good and lost most our money but it was quite an experience xD
Original post by AdamCee
Haha no problem

And oohh right I see, something different definitely!

Do you have a local rink or do it in like the park or something? First is definitely a lot easier if you want to learn. And yeah Young Enterprise was urm... Interesting. We weren't very good and lost most our money but it was quite an experience xD

Agreed. :yep:

Idk. I'd have to check, it's possible! I think I'm just worried about falling over but if I don't... I won't learn! :rofl: Aw, haha! I'm sure it was. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed. :yep:

Idk. I'd have to check, it's possible! I think I'm just worried about falling over but if I don't... I won't learn! :rofl: Aw, haha! I'm sure it was. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's easier to say but honestly falling over doesn't hurt - I used to do jumps when I went regularly (about 13-14) and would fail 2/5 of the higher ones and still haven't damaged anything :P

I would put a video as proof but I deleted all the ones of me flopping... Unsurprisingly...
Original post by AdamCee
And yeah Young Enterprise was urm... Interesting. We weren't very good and lost most our money but it was quite an experience xD

Can't have been worse than mine. I did it two years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Can't have been worse than mine. I did it two years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

We lost £150-200, forgot which.

Our product which never actually got developed had about £100 invested into it but our "sales team" screwed up, when it should have cost £300 but they never actually realised? Or something like that. And we lost the £100. Idrk but it went wrong

What about you?
Original post by AdamCee
We lost £150-200, forgot which.

Our product which never actually got developed had about £100 invested into it but our "sales team" screwed up, when it should have cost £300 but they never actually realised? Or something like that. And we lost the £100. Idrk but it went wrong

What about you?

Initially we made CDs and sold them getting about £200-300. Then we thought we'd make an app..... There may or may not be 20 grand sat in cyberspace somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Initially we made CDs and sold them getting about £200-300. Then we thought we'd make an app..... There may or may not be 20 grand sat in cyberspace somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

An app!?! Same!

We were going to make an IMDb but for games and music and gadgets where you could find items and rate them and stuff instead of films (if that makes sense)

I was given the job as IT Manager even though I'm far from any IT expert - there were about 3 people in our group better than me at it but hey ho and it was gonna be me that had to make it.... Ofc, it never happened :P
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me and a friend on planning on making an app by next summer :smile: idk what you're all talking about I just saw app and decided to pop in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamCee
An app!?! Same!

We were going to make an IMDb but for games and music and gadgets where you could find items and rate them and stuff instead of films (if that makes sense)

I was given the job as IT Manager even though I'm far from any IT expert - there were about 3 people in our group better than me at it but hey ho and it was gonna be me that had to make it.... Ofc, it never happened :P

Hahaha yeah, I was the ICT guy. Ours was to teach kids English and maths

Original post by Trihawk7
Me and a friend on planning on making an app by next summer :smile: idk what you're all talking about I just saw app and decided to pop in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool. If you need any pointers just ask. We're on about young enterprise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just asking, but do you know java?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Hahaha yeah, I was the ICT guy. Ours was to teach kids English and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah? That's a decent idea. Although you'd have had a fair bit of competition with MyMaths which already exists
Original post by Trihawk7
Just asking, but do you know java?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know bits of Hannah JavaScript

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamCee
Oh yeah? That's a decent idea. Although you'd have had a fair bit of competition with MyMaths which already exists

Not for 3 to 8 year olds

Original post by Andy98
I know bits of JavaScript

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamCee
I know it's easier to say but honestly falling over doesn't hurt - I used to do jumps when I went regularly (about 13-14) and would fail 2/5 of the higher ones and still haven't damaged anything :P

I would put a video as proof but I deleted all the ones of me flopping... Unsurprisingly...

... But still?! :eek::tongue: Ah okay, idk how or when I will try to learn how to rollerskate again! I guess 'failing' is part of improving anyway. :wink:

I bet that you're pretty good! You said you've been doing it since you were younger! :tongue:

:eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

??

Original post by Andy98
I know bits of Hannah JavaScript

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hannah JavaScript? Anyway Java and JavaScript are totally different things :frown: shame the doesn't say so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

:eek:
I didn't reply to you + I need to go and do some revision. I will reply to you soon, sorry! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. I've heard it, now I come to think of it but it's not a popular saying where I live. :tongue:

Oh wow! Congrats! :biggrin: Look at the OP for mine. :ahee:

Pretty good thanks! I've done some revison and hw today. :ahee: How are you? :tongue:

Oh wow! That is a lot of Smiggle stuff but it does sound pretty cool. I'll definitely check shop out if I see one. Or I could look at their website! :tongue:

I'm good thanks + it's the halfterm soon! Yes indeedy! :rofl: That reminds me of this (below) :mmmt: -

^ :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really good, over the weekend I was training at a squash academy for under 17s.
Tomorrow I am going to the house parliament for the mind and rethink charities, both respective mental health organisations.
Original post by Chemister
I'm really good, over the weekend I was training at a squash academy for under 17s.
Tomorrow I am going to the house parliament for the mind and rethink charities, both respective mental health organisations.

I think i know what you mean, which group are you going with?

Latest