The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Child Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Stacey12345
Hi I'm applying to University of South Wales. Sent my application off today. I am so nervous!

Hi! :smile: I've applied to USW as well! Where else have you applied? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by elliemacdougall
It was Manchester university, and i felt as though i was stupid by calling them and they mad me feel very small and useless, as you can imaging being a girl this really upset me:frown: hoping Cardiff with be much nicer.

Don't feel stupid! This is just one university's opinion. There are others and I'm sure there is at least one out there who is going to think your experience and passion for nursing is amazing. Don't beat yourself up about it - maybe the person on the other end of the phone was just having a bad day, I'm sure it wasn't your fault! After all, you were just ringing up for advice and if we don't do that then how are we supposed to improve? Don't feel stupid, I think you sound like an amazing applicant :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys!

I'm in my final year of college and i'm currently finishing my ucas forms to get them sent in asap for child nursing. Just trying to finalise my personal statement, I think this is the worst bit haha, are any of you personal statement masters? Haha! :rolleyes:
Reply 63
Original post by Beccamol
Hey guys!

I'm in my final year of college and i'm currently finishing my ucas forms to get them sent in asap for child nursing. Just trying to finalise my personal statement, I think this is the worst bit haha, are any of you personal statement masters? Haha! :rolleyes:

Hi there! :smile: oooh the finalisation is always the worst! Unfortunately I am no personal statement master, but there may be some other people on here who are! :P However if you do want my opinion I'm happy to give it :smile: I'm an English A-level student so my friends have been giving me their personal statements to read over haha! Where else are you applying? :smile:
Danny x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dannaaay
Hi there! :smile: oooh the finalisation is always the worst! Unfortunately I am no personal statement master, but there may be some other people on here who are! :P However if you do want my opinion I'm happy to give it :smile: I'm an English A-level student so my friends have been giving me their personal statements to read over haha! Where else are you applying? :smile:
Danny x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I can't cope with the whole process it's terrifying haha! Yeah I may need some tips from you then, have you had any offers yet? My main uni's at the moment are edge hill and LJM can't make my mind up about the rest, any suggestions? :smile: x
Reply 65
Hey guys,

I've finished my personal statement and everything but i'm too scared to send off my application lol.
I plan on applying to Nottingham (MNurSci), Southampton, King's College, City & South Bank

My predicted grades are ABB but am I taking a huge risk applying to Nottingham who ask for AAB ??
Reply 66
Original post by Beccamol
I know, I can't cope with the whole process it's terrifying haha! Yeah I may need some tips from you then, have you had any offers yet? My main uni's at the moment are edge hill and LJM can't make my mind up about the rest, any suggestions? :smile: x

It feels so good once you've sent it in, promise :smile: no offers yet unfortunately but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I think Swansea is quite similar to those two so it may be an option to look at that? :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by Shanzii
Hey guys,

I've finished my personal statement and everything but i'm too scared to send off my application lol.
I plan on applying to Nottingham (MNurSci), Southampton, King's College, City & South Bank

My predicted grades are ABB but am I taking a huge risk applying to Nottingham who ask for AAB ??

Hey Shanzi! :smile: I promise from experience it feels so good to just get it sent off! I'm sure the other girls on here will agree with me (I don't think we have any guys, do we? :P ) because although you're waiting to hear back the pressure is totally off because it's not hanging over your head anymore :smile:

I don't think so! But I'd ring up the uni and ask. Obviously you could try and get higher than your predicted and the unis will know that, but I think your best option is to speak to the admissions centre directly :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Hey Shanzi! :smile: I promise from experience it feels so good to just get it sent off! I'm sure the other girls on here will agree with me (I don't think we have any guys, do we? :P ) because although you're waiting to hear back the pressure is totally off because it's not hanging over your head anymore :smile:

I don't think so! But I'd ring up the uni and ask. Obviously you could try and get higher than your predicted and the unis will know that, but I think your best option is to speak to the admissions centre directly :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, I'll be aiming to send it off either this week or next week if my reference gets done. I'll try calling up the uni to check

Thank you for the advice :smile:
Btw, have you got any offers yet ??
Reply 69
Original post by Shanzii
Ok, I'll be aiming to send it off either this week or next week if my reference gets done. I'll try calling up the uni to check

No offers yet unfortunately, but the unis I've applied to are quite late with giving offers - the earliest I know of is UWE which is mid November. The latest is Cardiff in February! I hate this waiting! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not very nice at all. I applied 2 years ago to cardiff and university of south wales. They were very friendly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
That's not very nice at all. I applied 2 years ago to cardiff and university of south wales. They were very friendly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the interaction I've had with Cardiff and USW has been brilliant! Are you studying nursing at the moment, then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I had an interview last time I applied but was unsuccessful 😐

Decided to give it another go so hopefully I'll get in!

Are you doing your a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
No I had an interview last time I applied but was unsuccessful 😐

Decided to give it another go so hopefully I'll get in!

Are you doing your a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that! Fingers crossed for this one! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
I'm sorry to hear that! Fingers crossed for this one! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

And yep, I am doing my a levels :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya:smile: I've applied to do Children's nursing at Manchester, LJM, Edge Hill, Northumbria and York! Sent my application off on the 14th Oct and have got 2 interviews in the bag yay!! I'm just wondering how people are preparing for the maths and English tests as well as the interviews- I have no idea where to start haha :/
Reply 76
Original post by CLclarkey
Heya:smile: I've applied to do Children's nursing at Manchester, LJM, Edge Hill, Northumbria and York! Sent my application off on the 14th Oct and have got 2 interviews in the bag yay!! I'm just wondering how people are preparing for the maths and English tests as well as the interviews- I have no idea where to start haha :/

Hi, welcome and well done! :smile: I'm not sure how I'm going to prepare to be honest (I've got to get an interview first, but unfortunately my unis don't start interviewing for a while :frown: ) but I imagine it'll just be basic maths and English tests so I'd look on google and see what comes up :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, welcome and well done! :smile: I'm not sure how I'm going to prepare to be honest (I've got to get an interview first, but unfortunately my unis don't start interviewing for a while :frown: ) but I imagine it'll just be basic maths and English tests so I'd look on google and see what comes up :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou:smile: Aww I'm sure you will, Goodluck with your application! It's soo nerve racking, I've never done an interview before- I'm just hoping my enthusiasm shines through haha! Group interviews scare me as I don't want to fall behind, I can be very shy at times :') and I've found a few things from google thankyou x
Original post by Shanzii

Hey Shanzii,

just looked at nottingham and the offers are BBB

so don't worry you are well within the limit there!
Original post by Shanzii
Hey guys,

Very was looking at the incorrct degree! ignore last message sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending