The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Wudiya! Wudiya khaleh!
Original post by Biryani007
Ahaha it's good but man it's hard to remember all the rulings and stuff...It's not hard atm but I'm just getting worried thinking how I'm going to remember 4 years worth of knowledge. It's good though Alhamdulillah...need to keep at it inshaaAllah.

Very cool. What are your plans afterwards?
Original post by Anonynous
Very cool. What are your plans afterwards?

I'm going to start working alongside and then when I've completed my course hopefully start working in an Islamic school of some sort...I don't know actually. Just going to go with the flow...whatever opportunities arise.
I'm going to start working alongside and then when I've completed my course hopefully start working in an Islamic school of some sort...I don't know actually. Just going to go with the flow...whatever opportunities arise.

No plans for uni anymore?

Hope it all works out for you, nonetheless.
No plans for uni anymore?

Hope it all works out for you, nonetheless.

No because I can't take the loan...I don't want to put that sin on my head. I may save money up and go in a few years time but Idk.
JazaakAllahu khair akhi, means a lot..I hope the same for you.
No because I can't take the loan...I don't want to put that sin on my head. I may save money up and go in a few years time but Idk.
JazaakAllahu khair akhi, means a lot..I hope the same for you.

Fair play, deen over dunya right. You have commitment.

Do you enjoy what you're doing?
Fair play, deen over dunya right. You have commitment.

Do you enjoy what you're doing?

I gotta try :redface:
Yes I love it...I'm getting in trouble from family because they all want me to go uni and are saying that people will think I'm not capable of becoming anything if I don't go. It's hard when you're getting no support but Idc (or I try not to) :/
I gotta try :redface:
Yes I love it...I'm getting in trouble from family because they all want me to go uni and are saying that people will think I'm not capable of becoming anything if I don't go. It's hard when you're getting no support but Idc (or I try not to) :/

Yes, intentions are good. I'd advocate going uni but then that's just in relation to wordly development. I'm sure you'd be rewarded with much greater in both the dunya and akhirah.

I don't have the heart to gamble my worldly future, unfortunately :lol:

you're capable of anything, if you try hard enough. What is your family stance on interest paid on loan?
Yes, intentions are good. I'd advocate going uni but then that's just in relation to wordly development. I'm sure you'd be rewarded with much greater in both the dunya and akhirah.

I don't have the heart to gamble my worldly future, unfortunately :lol:

you're capable of anything, if you try hard enough. What is your family stance on interest paid on loan?

InshaaAllah :smile:

Lol I know but my family are saying that people will think that I'm stupid and couldn't get into uni, when I know that I'm more than capable Alhamdulillah. They don't have a problem with it. When I explained the issue to them they said there was no other way to pay for it and that everyone was taking it so why couldn't I :redface:
InshaaAllah :smile:

Lol I know but my family are saying that people will think that I'm stupid and couldn't get into uni, when I know that I'm more than capable Alhamdulillah. They don't have a problem with it. When I explained the issue to them they said there was no other way to pay for it and that everyone was taking it so why couldn't I :redface:

Same situation over here :redface:

Alhamdulilah though you sound like you've got things planned out (a lot more than me anyway!) Alimah course sounds really good, may Allah put barakah in your studies - ameen :smile:
Original post by themorninglight

Alhamdulilah though you sound like you've got things planned out (a lot more than me anyway!) Alimah course sounds really good, may Allah put barakah in your studies - ameen :smile:

I thought you were at uni?
I thought you were at uni?

Nope, I might go next year but I'm not certain.

Ameen :biggrin:
I don't know what I'm actually going to do either aha...I'm just trying to go with the flow :redface:
Nope, I might go next year but I'm not certain.

interest problem aswell? ouch.. living life in conteporary society is going to be hard for you guys for real.

Do you have a bank account? it accumulates interest, banks don't hold money, they invest in securities which offer a yield, even if you choose not to accept this payment your money went to fund these investment projects which yielded nominal interest returns
Do you shop at supermarkets? part of their short term cash influx goes to finance short term liabilities which pay interest
do you use public transport? the government use capital markets to issue debt and pay ineterest on the bonds which are financed by your spending on transport costs

you can go on for nearly everything. the way the capitalist system is financed is through the transfer of money. lending money with a premium, to compensate for the risk of default.

Not encouraging you to go take out a loan but it's the reality. Given, the vast majority never pay back even the face value of the loan, as it gets written off after 30 years, there's little credibility in giving up your future 'suposedly' because you're afraid of the interest charged on repayments. Given it's going to average 4-5% (consisting of CPI+3%), we're screwed regardless :lol:
interest problem aswell? ouch.. living life in conteporary society is going to be hard for you guys for real.

Do you have a bank account? it accumulates interest, banks don't hold money, they invest in securities which offer a yield, even if you choose not to accept this payment your money went to fund these investment projects which yielded nominal interest returns
Do you shop at supermarkets? part of their short term cash influx goes to finance short term liabilities which pay interest
do you use public transport? the government use capital markets to issue debt and pay ineterest on the bonds which are financed by your spending on transport costs

you can go on for nearly everything. the way the capitalist system is financed is through the transfer of money. lending money with a premium, to compensate for the risk of default.

Not encouraging you to go take out a loan but it's the reality. Given, the vast majority never pay back even the face value of the loan, as it gets written off after 30 years, there's little credibility in giving up your future 'suposedly' because you're afraid of the interest charged on repayments. Given it's going to average 4-5% (consisting of CPI+3%), we're screwed regardless :lol:

Thanks for your input but I'll stick to my decision thanks :smile:
3 emirati women attacked with a hammer in a hotel in central london by a a drug addict who robbed them too after leaving them for dead. One of the women got hit so badly that her skull split in half and she lost one eye and can never speak or move again. I actually held back tears when I read it on the train this morning :frown: pray for them peeps

The idiot is still roaming the streets until his trial next month. Ya rabb THIS IS WHY THE DEATH PENALTY SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK!!! :angry:
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks for your input but I'll stick to my decision thanks :smile:

The fact that abdulla pointed out your indirect hypocrisy deserves a good reply not a simple 'I'll stick to my decision"...

If you aren't going to bother carrying your education, you essentially wasted 2 years in college... unless you are going to apprenticeship style courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

the ignorant will always be ignorant.

your post was 10/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4318
Original post by missfats
The fact that abdulla pointed out your indirect hypocrisy deserves a good reply not a simple 'I'll stick to my decision"...

If you aren't going to bother carrying your education, you essentially wasted 2 years in college... unless you are going to apprenticeship style courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps you should study some fiqh (jurisprudence) before accusing anyone of anything.

Lold at trying to get around the fact that usury is haram.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending