The Student Room Group

What are you working on right now?

This thread is just to talk about what work you're doing for school right now and how it's going! :woo:

How much homework do you have?
Got any coursework coming up?
What subjects are going well? :h:
What are you struggling with?

:cookie:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a student I'm a freelancer writer, but find that TSR is just as useful for procrastination :wink:. I'm supposed to be proofreading a novel this morning. Not even sure why I'm procrastinating because I quite enjoy it!
Curently im in a Computing lesson and we are doing a controlled assesment, well it's going ok i have finished 6 out of 20 questions and i still have 13 more hours to complete the rest. Other than that i study Engineering; which i hate because we get so much homework .-. . Other than that science & English + English lit are going ok except from the fact i got a mock in English lit and chemistry today .-.
Thats about it, and I would like to ask you the same : Puddlesthemonkey.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I'm not a student I'm a freelancer writer, but find that TSR is just as useful for procrastination :wink:. I'm supposed to be proofreading a novel this morning. Not even sure why I'm procrastinating because I quite enjoy it!

:tongue:

For me it is: Hum, I'm bored, I think I'll just go on TSR to- oh wait. I can never get away! :lol:

Original post by ItsSectah
Curently im in a Computing lesson

Get off TSR you! :wink:

and we are doing a controlled assesment, well it's going ok i have finished 6 out of 20 questions and i still have 13 more hours to complete the rest. Other than that i study Engineering; which i hate because we get so much homework .-. . Other than that science & English + English lit are going ok except from the fact i got a mock in English lit and chemistry today .-.

Wow, you have mocks already?! :eek: That sounds tough. Sounds like your computing is going okay though. :smile: What's your favourite subject?

Thats about it, and I would like to ask you the same : Puddlesthemonkey.

Currently I am working on some content plans for TSR :woo: Also, I've got some admin type stuff to do which I'm putting off. :dry:
mmhm yea mocks are tough, my favourite subject got to be PE. Good luck with your admin stuff :smile:
Homework? A LOT, but everyone says that I guess :wink:

I have 2 speeches to memorise in 2 weeks, a geography past paper, music definitions to learn and a bunch of maths questions :<

I think I'm doing ok with everything at the moment, I just need to keep working hard and try to raise my predicted grades in time for sixth-form applications.
Half term soon! Whoop! (Less homework than usual!)

So homework... hm... Latin questions and vocabulary learning (gah) and French Essay

Revision for Geography test and English Creative coursework...

Bound to be something I've forgotten. :confused:
Original post by Strom
Homework? A LOT, but everyone says that I guess :wink:

I have 2 speeches to memorise in 2 weeks, a geography past paper, music definitions to learn and a bunch of maths questions :<

I think I'm doing ok with everything at the moment, I just need to keep working hard and try to raise my predicted grades in time for sixth-form applications.

Two speeches?! Wow :frown: You'll be fine though :smile: Is that for drama....?

It's all about managing your time and keeping on top of things :h: Do that and you'll be fine :smile:

Original post by turn-to-page394
Half term soon! Whoop! (Less homework than usual!)

So homework... hm... Latin questions and vocabulary learning (gah) and French Essay

Revision for Geography test and English Creative coursework...

Bound to be something I've forgotten. :confused:

:lol:

I hope there isn't something you've forgotten!

You still got to do your homework during half term :wink:
Had about 4-6 examinations this week.
Holidays near, YES.
FINALLY..
TIME TO DAMN REVISE FOR MY ACADEMICS.
AND YES, I enjoy working, I HAVE A WORK ETHIC (academics really).
Had some mocks.
You?
Reply 9
I have Biology Homework.
17 Questions!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Half Term is coming soon, and I have even more work.

Spanish Oral Exam Preparation.
1 Hour of Maths Revision per day.
Biology and Chemistry Mock Revision.
Half Term Homework.

Doesn't sound like a lot but the Spanish Prep is massive. I need to write a draft, correct it and make it much better, write it again and memorize it.
It take long when your bad at Spanish, like me.
Original post by inachigeek21
Had about 4-6 examinations this week.
Holidays near, YES.
FINALLY..
TIME TO DAMN REVISE FOR MY ACADEMICS.
AND YES, I enjoy working, I HAVE A WORK ETHIC (academics really).
Had some mocks.
You?

Exams?! :eek: What exams were they?
Original post by Grade
I have Biology Homework.
17 Questions!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Half Term is coming soon, and I have even more work.

Spanish Oral Exam Preparation.
1 Hour of Maths Revision per day.
Biology and Chemistry Mock Revision.
Half Term Homework.

Doesn't sound like a lot but the Spanish Prep is massive. I need to write a draft, correct it and make it much better, write it again and memorize it.
It take long when your bad at Spanish, like me.

That sounds like a lot :console: You'll be alright though :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner <--- the study planner is pretty sweet if you need to organise a lot of work :smile:
I got 4 pieces of work I gotta hand in, not too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just done my Chemistry ISA Unit 1 section 2 today. Was very stressed, my school only gave the class 2 days to revise but I'm glad it's over now :smile:

For Half Term I have my Graphics Tonal A2 techniques sheet to Finnish
Revision for Physics topic test and finishing my Geography Assesment on Ageing Population in Japan! :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Exams?! :eek: What exams were they?

That sounds like a lot :console: You'll be alright though :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner <--- the study planner is pretty sweet if you need to organise a lot of work :smile:

Thanks for the study planner. It's great.
In the end the 17 questions only took me half an hour and it was quiet easy. I guess it was probably the number of questions and the size of the sheet that was a turn off. Haha.

I'll manage though, I had to revise for a lot more during Mock Week in Year 10. I had 7 exams in 4 days.
It was to get us into the "gist" of the real GCSE feeling.
Reply 14
Original post by Horsegirl01302
I've just done my Chemistry ISA Unit 1 section 2 today. Was very stressed, my school only gave the class 2 days to revise but I'm glad it's over now :smile:

For Half Term I have my Graphics Tonal A2 techniques sheet to Finnish
Revision for Physics topic test and finishing my Geography Assesment on Ageing Population in Japan! :frown:

Was your ISA the Temperature effect on Rate of Reaction with the cross?
If so, we also had two lessons to prepare.
Although, your lucky as your doing it later than us. I did mine about 5 weeks ago, during the beginning of the year.
Original post by Grade
Was your ISA the Temperature effect on Rate of Reaction with the cross?
If so, we also had two lessons to prepare.
Although, your lucky as your doing it later than us. I did mine about 5 weeks ago, during the beginning of the year.

Nope it was the width of the polymer affecting the mass needed to break it. I guess I am very luck in a way. I hope you did well. Do you know when we get our results back for the ISA I'm desperate to know :colondollar:
Working on Biology coursework (A-Level Edexcel) - the problem with Melanoma, so much work :frown:
Just started half term, but didn't finish my Food Coursework or Business Studies Coursework that were meant to be given in, absolutely maximum, 3:30pm today....oops :/

Now have this week to revise for my mocks that start as soon as we get back on the 3rd :/
Reply 18
On half term now! Finding it okay so far except science and Spanish (always been my least favourites. :mad:). Just completed all my English Language coursework and got an A on it. :smile: Got a lot of mock exams next term though. :afraid:
Reply 19
Original post by Horsegirl01302
Nope it was the width of the polymer affecting the mass needed to break it. I guess I am very luck in a way. I hope you did well. Do you know when we get our results back for the ISA I'm desperate to know :colondollar:

Oh, you have a different ISA to mine.
It all depends on your teacher. Considering there's a week half term, I'm guessing your teachers will mark them during, but they need to be moderated which make take an extra week or two. You'll probably get them the second or third week back.

Quick Reply

Latest