The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
I managed to get myself up and ready for the appointment, got all the way into town on the bus and then didnt say any of what I really ought to have said. :cry2:

I always seem to do that :s-smilie: Could you ring them and say what you wanted to now, or ask them to ring you back? At least you went though, that's an achievement in itself! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope you get yourself sorted Laura :hugs:

--------------
Tearing up in my lecture, really don't feel good. It's about MH problems and it's making me uncomfortable :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Managed to not be late for my lecture because the lecturers computer wouldn't start :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2

--------------
Tearing up in my lecture, really don't feel good. It's about MH problems and it's making me uncomfortable :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Hope you'll be ok.
Aunt just came into my room, started crying, said she has to tell me something because it's been on her mind constantly. Said that she was really upset that my boyfriend came to stay when they were on holiday and i didn't tell them before hand. It was a last-minute decision and they were already away. Now I feel awful. Am I in the wrong? Be honest.

I am 22 and paying rent for this room, and she said before that I could have people over whenever I wanted.
(edited 9 years ago)
To be fair when I have had to phone 111 they were bloody useless so not sure if that would actually be any help for you Laura!
Btw, you do know you will probably never live that one down?
As long as you are kind of ok now though!
Original post by james1211
I don't want to get out of bed today. I just don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cinnie
Aunt just came into my room, started crying, said she has to tell me something because it's been on her mind constantly. Said that she was really upset that my boyfriend came to stay when they were on holiday and i didn't tell them before hand. It was a last-minute decision and they were already away. Now I feel awful. Am I in the wrong? Be honest.

I am 22 and paying rent for this room, and she said before that I could have people over whenever I wanted.

Wouldn't say you are in the wrong at all.
If she had said that, then I really don't see the issue.
It would have been courteous to say beforehand, but if you didn't know then there isn't much you could have done.
Why is she upset by it anyway? A bit annoyed I can understand, but upset and crying? :confused:
Original post by Cinnie

I'd say it would have been best to send them a message just to check and be polite, but she shouldn't have said you could have people over whenever if she didn't mean it. :s-smilie: So you're not in the wrong I reckon, but I'd be more cautious in future. :smile:
Original post by WelshBluebird
Wouldn't say you are in the wrong at all.
If she had said that, then I really don't see the issue.
It would have been courteous to say beforehand, but if you didn't know then there isn't much you could have done.
Why is she upset by it anyway? A bit annoyed I can understand, but upset and crying? :confused:

She's a very very emotional person. Cries at everything. Blames menopause.
how can you beat anxiety and paranoia?
Original post by superwolf
I:smile:

Apparently it made her feel vulnerable. Idk. Yes I should have checked. But if they were already away if wouldn't have made a difference. I don't know. But yeah I probably should have asked.
:hugs: Hope you'll be ok.

Thanks :hugs: She's being really tasteful about it actually once I'd calmed down. Bit triggery but it's all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9513
Woke up remembering ex calling me ****ty things, not great…doesn't help I'm on ESA lying in bed today lol

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous #2

--------------

Thank you, feel free to vent to me if you need to!
Original post by WelshBluebird
To be fair when I have had to phone 111 they were bloody useless so not sure if that would actually be any help for you Laura!
Btw, you do know you will probably never live that one down?
As long as you are kind of ok now though!

I don't even wanna think about it rn :lol:
Original post by games211
how can you beat anxiety and paranoia?

Are you getting professional help? Your GP is usually the best place to start. :smile:

There are medications which can help with both issues, and also various talking therapies or lifestyle changes that might help.

There was a fantastic thread made a while ago on coping with anxiety - I'd really recommend giving it a read and having a think about how you can change things for yourself. :smile:
Are you getting professional help? Your GP is usually the best place to start. :smile:

There are medications which can help with both issues, and also various talking therapies or lifestyle changes that might help.

There was a fantastic thread made a while ago on coping with anxiety - I'd really recommend giving it a read and having a think about how you can change things for yourself. :smile:

but wont medications have side effects
Original post by games211
but wont medications have side effects

There's always the risk of side-effects, yes, but it would be up to you and your doctor to weigh up whether the pros outweighed the cons. Not all people experience side-effects from every drug, and each drug has a different side-effect profile. I'd definitely see your doctor to discuss treatment, whether or not that includes medication. :smile:
Been given a volunteering start date, but it's while I'm down visiting my sister. :facepalm: Have emailed for a different date. :smile:
x

You are magic, and yes I cried. :colondollar: :lovehug:

Latest