The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to all of you who have received offers today! (It seems like quite a few of you did).
I got mine on Friday :biggrin: Chemical Engineering whoop whoop!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Has anyone else been asked to send a transcript of their GCSEs? I was asked to scan my certificates and send them.
Reply 342
Original post by kara1702
Yes, same day! See you there! One other person from my college is coming on that day too :smile:

Also have an interview the same day. dead nervous tho:smile:
Original post by AndreaB96
Thanks for your help. That's such a relief:smile: It's only been 12 days since I applied so I guess I'm just impatient:smile:) They still have plenty of time to send the assessment. Hopefully we both get in :smile:

Haha no I'm the same - my email has never been checked so much!!

That would be awesome, it's my #1 choice I think. Fingers crossed for ya bud! :smile:

Where abouts are you from?
Original post by Phattie
Also have an interview the same day. dead nervous tho:smile:

Sure it'll be good fun :smile: how formal are you dressing, given the dress code in the email said informal?
Anyone got an interview on this Thursday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 346
Do they interview everyone? Or only those who apply to the competitive courses?
Guys I got an offer just now!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TwoLimes
Haha no I'm the same - my email has never been checked so much!!

That would be awesome, it's my #1 choice I think. Fingers crossed for ya bud! :smile:

Where abouts are you from?

I live in Romania but I am actually Hungarian... Hopefully this won't disadvantage me for getting an offer for English Lit! There aren't too many EU applicants for this degree, most of the people I know are keen on science rather than humanities. In fact, Romania has quite a lot of successful students in the UK, but still, I have hope I'll be reading English this time next year :smile:
Original post by szm95
Do they interview everyone? Or only those who apply to the competitive courses?

Not everyone - if they interview for a given subject, it will say so on the website.

Original post by AndreaB96
I live in Romania but I am actually Hungarian... Hopefully this won't disadvantage me for getting an offer for English Lit! There aren't too many EU applicants for this degree, most of the people I know are keen on science rather than humanities. In fact, Romania has quite a lot of successful students in the UK, but still, I have hope I'll be reading English this time next year :smile:

It won't disadvantage you!

In fact, Romanians are the largest group of EU students at Manchester :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachu
nottingham, bath, birmingham and newcastle. What about you ?

Imperial, Birmingham, Bath and UCL
Original post by hannahstock
I just got an offer for PPE! AAB :smile: Over the moon :biggrin:

Congrats!! I got one too 😊 Is Manchester your first choice if you don't mind me asking??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 352
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Imperial, Birmingham, Bath and UCL

Ahhh All the best with your choices :smile:
Original post by rachu
Ahhh All the best with your choices :smile:

And you! We have a couple similar, could possibly end up being class mates next year :smile:
Reply 354
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Congratulations to all of you who have received offers today! (It seems like quite a few of you did).

Congratulations :smile: When did you send off your application? I've applied for chem eng too!
Reply 355
Original post by adorablegirl1202
And you! We have a couple similar, could possibly end up being class mates next year :smile:

Yes we do have quite a few in common! Manchester is my top choice followed by bath/nottingham. Haha it'd be fantastic if we do :wink:
Just got rejected by Manchester for Politics and IR :frown:
Original post by RussmanG
Just got rejected by Manchester for Politics and IR :frown:

Why?Feeling sorry for you mate.Cheer up!Hope other universities accept you!
Original post by Skill Twix
Why?Feeling sorry for you mate.Cheer up!Hope other universities accept you!

Its ok i got an offer from LSE and York. :smile:
Original post by The Clockwork Apple

Am I leaving it too late if I apply in November time?

Latest