The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3360
Hey guys, Im new to TSR. Has anyone heard anything back for Vet Med with regards to interviews? Also, is anyone else applying as a graduate?? :smile:

Sammy
Original post by sam_af
Hey guys, Im new to TSR. Has anyone heard anything back for Vet Med with regards to interviews? Also, is anyone else applying as a graduate?? :smile:

Sammy

Nope! We're unlikely to hear anything about interviews until the end of November at least.
Original post by 0802
On the Nottingham questionnaire , what does details of work experience mean? Ie does it mean what we did like watching and cleaning or does it mean what we learnt whilst we were there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put details of duties and what I learned to do (eg. use robovet, administer injections). There's not really enough room to put what you learned. I also put "small domestic", "ovine", "bovine" etc. at the start to indicate what type of placement it was.
Reply 3363
Original post by mollyvet
Nope! We're unlikely to hear anything about interviews until the end of November at least.

It's going to be a nervous wait!
Original post by greencat55
Isn't it really annoying that u can only write 150 characters in most boxes on the Nottingham form! Is barely enough to write a sentence! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed.... :unimpressed:
Original post by sandyandme
Hi everyone!
Im Susan and Im from Poland. I would like to study at The Univerity Of Nottingham, Veterinary Medicine. :smile: Do you know anybody who has the same goal but who is not from England, Ireland (who will be " an international student" as well)? I think that it would be easier (and really nice) to talk about and get throught admissions process together :smile: Or maybe you know somebody who is studying in Nottingham on this course? That would be perfect :smile::smile:
Lots of luck and best wishes!

Hiii!
I'm from India and applying. Really few seats for us international people I've heard. Where all have you applied to?

Original post by ShellySpielberg
Hi! Sorry I just saw this now, but I've also applied to Nottingham for VetMed. I'm applying from Germany, but am actually (half)Filipino, so I guess I count as an international student ^^
Where else have you applied to? Good luck with your applications!

Hello to you too!

Original post by Georgie14
Hi Tails, mine came through at lunchtime I am so grateful (very excited and frankly a tiny bit terrified), yours will be soon I'm sure. Just be careful, because mine didn't go into my email inbox, gmail filtered it into a promotions folder so I could've missed it- might want to check :smile:

Anyone got offers for interview from any of the other schools yet?

OMG awesome, congrats!
Original post by AnimalArk
Hiii!
x

Helloooo, just wanted to say welcome to the thread :hi: . I loved the Animal Ark books when I was younger! I wanted to be Mandy so much :love:
Done my questionnaires... Only enough to get one sentence in each... Literally!!
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Helloooo, just wanted to say welcome to the thread :hi: . I loved the Animal Ark books when I was younger! I wanted to be Mandy so much :love:

Hello~
They were the start of my veterinary obsession! Everything I want to be originated from them. Nice to find somebody else who read them! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hiii!
I'm from India and applying. Really few seats for us international people I've heard. Where all have you applied to?

Hello to you too!

OMG awesome, congrats!

Hello :smile:

I've applied to Cambridge, Edinburgh, Nottingham, and Surrey. You?

And Animal Ark is basically the definition of my childhood :tongue:

Good luck with your applications!

Nottingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Bristol!
I would have done Combridge but I haven't heard of anybody from India getting in UG since ages and I don't think I'm good enough yet. :P

Same to you!

I applied to cambridge too! Malaysian here btw. Which college did you to? Have you gotten an interview? :O
Original post by regsyl
I applied to cambridge too! Malaysian here btw. Which college did you to? Have you gotten an interview? :O

I applied to Robinson, you?
No, no interviews yet, have to take the BMAT first I think. Also, I'm applying from the EU, so my interviews will be in Cambridge in December if I get one.. So nervous ^^

Nottingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Bristol!
I would have done Combridge but I haven't heard of anybody from India getting in UG since ages and I don't think I'm good enough yet. :P

Same to you!

I don't know, thought I'd go for it ^^ We haven't gotten anyone in for a few years and I have no idea if any vets have ever made it or even applied... But there's no harm in trying :biggrin:
I applied to Robinson, you?
No, no interviews yet, have to take the BMAT first I think. Also, I'm applying from the EU, so my interviews will be in Cambridge in December if I get one.. So nervous ^^

I made an open but my app will be processes by clare. Haha yeah I've got one this sunday! So nervous!
I put details of duties and what I learned to do (eg. use robovet, administer injections). There's not really enough room to put what you learned. I also put "small domestic", "ovine", "bovine" etc. at the start to indicate what type of placement it was.

Just wondered if you actually gave any vaccinations - you make it sound as though you did but that's not supposed to be allowed legally?
(edited 9 years ago)
Does Liverpool have any kind of questionaire or aptitude test?

I know you've been quoted about this already but yeah legally you're not allowed to administer injections to live animals unless you're qualified to do so, which I'm guessing you aren't. Might want to backtrack a little here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, thought I'd go for it ^^ We haven't gotten anyone in for a few years and I have no idea if any vets have ever made it or even applied... But there's no harm in trying :biggrin:

True enough! I am a bit paranoid about not getting in anywhere though so I thought it was better not to try anywhere I don't think I have a fighting chance.
Good luck everyone! just filling out the questionnaires but I'm majorly procrastinating SJT. How many other people are trying for Surrey :smile:?
Original post by chaarlotte
I know you've been quoted about this already but yeah legally you're not allowed to administer injections to live animals unless you're qualified to do so, which I'm guessing you aren't. Might want to backtrack a little here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone's allowed to give IM as long as you have got it from the vets I think, just not IV. I inject my own horses and sheep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending