The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Is it fine if I apply by the end of December?I am trying to make my Personal statement as good as possible
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by RussmanG
Its ok i got an offer from LSE and York. :smile:

Wow LSE.Wanted to apply there but ah!I might apply to KCL/UCL,Manchester,Leeds/Birmingham,Warwick and Bath/Bristol(Still undecided) to read Economics
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Incubator
Am I leaving it too late if I apply in November time?

Not at all you have till Jan 15th for equal consideration. Most send it off since it's stressful clinging onto it and because they're ready to beforehand
Original post by Incubator
Am I leaving it too late if I apply in November time?

Of course not. The deadline is January :biggrin:
If you apply this early, though, it'll be a relief (as it is for me), as you'll get your offer earlier and can then focus on your subjects, as you already have a place at a prestigious university!
Original post by rachu
Congratulations :smile: When did you send off your application? I've applied for chem eng too!

I sent it 3 weeks and 2 days ago. I got my reply 5 days ago :biggrin:
It's my only reply ATM, the other unis are also very competitive so I'm not expecting them to reply as fast as Manchester (I was very surprised about getting an offer this early!).
Reply 365
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I sent it 3 weeks and 2 days ago. I got my reply 5 days ago :biggrin:
It's my only reply ATM, the other unis are also very competitive so I'm not expecting them to reply as fast as Manchester (I was very surprised about getting an offer this early!).

Thank you for your reply! I am sure you were very deserving of it and hope you hear from other unis soon :smile:
Got an offer for history on Monday :smile: AAB, think I'll be accepting, anyone else doing history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachu
Thank you for your reply! I am sure you were very deserving of it and hope you hear from other unis soon :smile:

Thank you very much! I hope you get offers soon too!
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
Got an offer for history on Monday :smile: AAB, think I'll be accepting, anyone else doing history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Congratulations!

Thanks! What are you studying?
Thanks! What are you studying?

I've got an offer from Manchester for Chemical Engineering :biggrin:
I've got an offer from Manchester for Chemical Engineering :biggrin:

Well done! Are you going to accept?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! Are you going to accept?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waiting for my other 4 choices to reply, I'll decide after that :biggrin:
Waiting for my other 4 choices to reply, I'll decide after that :biggrin:

Hope it goes well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I was predicted ABB for pharmacy which is their requirement, would they give me the offer of ABB if they liked my ps and reference? Because I heard it's very rare of them to give offers of ABB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 375
Hello :smile:
I've just got an interview for Neuroscience... Was there something wrong with my application? I mean that a lot of you have already got an offer.

I'm aplying for Medicine, that's my aim, and Manchester is my fifth 'insurance' choice. Maybe that is the point...?
Original post by exanea
Hello :smile:
I've just got an interview for Neuroscience... Was there something wrong with my application? I mean that a lot of you have already got an offer.

I'm aplying for Medicine, that's my aim, and Manchester is my fifth 'insurance' choice. Maybe that is the point...?

It may be because your PS was irrelevant to the course, and they want to find out if you actually hold any interest in neuroscience - but that's only a guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 377
Original post by Origami Bullets
It may be because your PS was irrelevant to the course

Thanks for the answer! To tell the truth, I was almost certain that I will be rejected, because it was truly medical. :tongue: what a nice surprise
Reply 378
Am I the only one who hasn't sent of their UCAS application yet? :s-smilie: Hopefully should be sending it in November, will that be okay?
Reply 379
Original post by szm95
Am I the only one who hasn't sent of their UCAS application yet? :s-smilie: Hopefully should be sending it in November, will that be okay?

Your deadline is 15th January, so you've got a lot of time :wink: It's up to you, when you send it. Only Medicine and Oxbridge had to apply till 15th October.

Latest

Trending

Trending