The Student Room Group

A-Levels subjects for criminology(?)

hey, I want to study criminology next September and they told me from the uni that I have to pick three humanities subjects for A-level.I want to know which subjects can I take??!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by renaGr
hey, I want to study criminology next September and they told me from the uni that I have to pick three humanities subjects for A-level.I want to know which subjects can I take??!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sociology is a social science however it will be the closest linked subject to criminology, I'm not sure if some schools class this as a humanity.
English (lang/lit/combined)
History
Politics
Law
Reply 3
Original post by renaGr

Heya, I am going to study crininology next September and the subjects I am doing for my A Levels are sociology, government and politics and philosophy and ethics. I dropped english language after AS.

Definitely choose sociology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by EloiseStar
Sociology is a social science however it will be the closest linked subject to criminology, I'm not sure if some schools class this as a humanity.
English (lang/lit/combined)
History
Politics
Law

thank you so much for your reply do you have any idea from where I can study those subjects?? are there any sites/links ?? or I have to buy books??
Reply 5
Original post by Teeahz
Heya, I am going to study crininology next September and the subjects I am doing for my A Levels are sociology, government and politics and philosophy and ethics. I dropped english language after AS.

Definitely choose sociology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey you :smile: I choose law,sociology and psychology but I don't know from where I can study :/
Original post by renaGr
thank you so much for your reply do you have any idea from where I can study those subjects?? are there any sites/links ?? or I have to buy books??

Study them at school? :confused:
Reply 7
Study them at school? :confused:

1) I finished school 2) I'm not in England :smile:
Psychology, Sociology, English Lit and Politics IMO
Original post by renaGr
1) I finished school 2) I'm not in England :smile:

I'm guessing there will be a self taught distance programme on the internet but you'll have to enter as an external candidate which can be pricey.
Reply 10
I'm guessing there will be a self taught distance programme on the internet but you'll have to enter as an external candidate which can be pricey.

so I cant find them on the web or find from somewhere the books ?
Original post by renaGr
so I cant find them on the web or find from somewhere the books ?

You'll have to do the exams/coursework to achieve an a-level. Books will help but you need to pay to be entered to the exam.
Reply 12
You'll have to do the exams/coursework to achieve an a-level. Books will help but you need to pay to be entered to the exam.

yeah I know that I know that I have to pay to do the exams but I dont know from where I can study those subjs :s
Original post by renaGr
yeah I know that I know that I have to pay to do the exams but I dont know from where I can study those subjs :s

Amazon or similar sites will do accompanying texts books for the course. The majority of content will be there but I advise to read further :smile:
Reply 14
Amazon or similar sites will do accompanying texts books for the course. The majority of content will be there but I advise to read further :smile:

okay :smile: thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply