The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Original post by JackTeh96
no vectors in fp2....
i am on edexcel board

Oh im on aqa:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's still no vectors in it, or if there was I missed them... That said I did get an E in that exam :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As said above, no vectors in FP2. I think they pop up in FP4.
Reply 2803
Original post by furryface12
There's still no vectors in it, or if there was I missed them... That said I did get an E in that exam :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Red Fox
As said above, no vectors in FP2. I think they pop up in FP4.

Thank god! Thanks for clarifying im totally confused:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr-96
Thank god! Thanks for clarifying im totally confused:tongue: if any of u have done fp2, did you find it difficult?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, but I missed the first unit which everything's kind of based on and also hadn't done C3/4 beforehand so you may not have those problems. The textbook/PDF thing on the AQA website is terrible though, so try and find a more general thing to work from as well if you can! Other than that I don't really know what to suggest, just make sure you understand it all as the past papers are horrible :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
CAN YOU COMPARE ONE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION YEAR TO ANOTHER?

Foundation Requirements:
Manchester Uni -> BBC
Queens Mary -> CCC

Course Typical Offer:
Manchester Uni -> A*A*A
Queens Mary -> ABB

Pass rate for progression from Foundation onto Degree:
Manchester Uni -> 75% average on Foundation year (identical to A*A*A at A level)
Queens Mary -> 40% average across the 6 modules on Foundation year (identical to ABB)

Can you compare the difficulty of a foundation year course from one uni to another?
Surely, one will be more rigorous than the other..
Oh vectors... Try doing planes! :tongue:

My progress with the guitar is so spiky... I feel like within the day I'm not really improving but then overnight and the next day BOOM I've suddenly improved loads. Muscle memory pls.
Original post by Bude8
Oh vectors... Try doing planes! :tongue:

My progress with the guitar is so spiky... I feel like within the day I'm not really improving but then overnight and the next day BOOM I've suddenly improved loads. Muscle memory pls.

Planes are just an extension. Very fun
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Planes are just an extension. Very fun

Yup, but if you don't understand them you're kind of screwed :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Yup, but if you don't understand them you're kind of screwed :lol:

Lol I'm sad I won't be doing them :frown:
Lol I'm sad I won't be doing them :frown:

have fun
Original post by Bude8
have fun

It's crazy how you have 15 markers

How many marks is each paper? How many do you have?
It's crazy how you have 15 markers

How many marks is each paper? How many do you have?

120 marks per paper, 1 minute per mark. Scary to think that almost a quarter of a paper is on vectors and planes :lol: But yeah, we have two sections in our paper. Section B has larger questions with more marks, usually around 20 per question split between 3-4 questions.
Original post by Bude8
120 marks per paper, 1 minute per mark. Scary to think that almost a quarter of a paper is on vectors and planes :lol: But yeah, we have two sections in our paper. Section B has larger questions with more marks, usually around 20 per question split between 3-4 questions.

That sounds like extreme pressure tbf. What are the average boundaries for a 7?
I think it's good you know though.

I might learn vectors and planes properly today... Not doing anything useful. Although I cba doing actual hw
That sounds like extreme pressure tbf. What are the average boundaries for a 7?
I think it's good you know though.

I might learn vectors and planes properly today... Not doing anything useful. Although I cba doing actual hw

Around 75% I think :lol: around 8% of HL Maths students get a 7. Sometimes the questions are really easy... other times you are ****ed because you have no idea how to do the first part of a question. Most of the time it's understanding the maths, then following through with the algebra. And questions that combine topics are the hardest, but usually most satisfying to do :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Around 75% I think :lol: around 8% of HL Maths students get a 7. Sometimes the questions are really easy... other times you are ****ed because you have no idea how to do the first part of a question. Most of the time it's understanding the maths, then following through with the algebra. And questions that combine topics are the hardest, but usually most satisfying to do :lol:

90 marks

Ah if you didn't know how to start and kept it all purely algebraic throughout with no values would you get marks?
90 marks

Ah if you didn't know how to start and kept it all purely algebraic throughout with no values would you get marks?

I think so - but I don't see how you'd get very far with that. You get Method, Answer and Reasoning marks (as well as a few other types). The MS for the first part of that question I just posted:

So long as they see an understanding, then they'll give you marks. Probably :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
90 marks

Ok, found a good example.

Part b MS:

Look at the size of the 2nd method :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I think so - but I don't see how you'd get very far with that. You get Method, Answer and Reasoning marks (as well as a few other types). The MS for the first part of that question I just posted:

So long as they see an understanding, then they'll give you marks. Probably :lol:

That's fair enough.

You'd hope so:tongue:

Apprentice you're fired is better than the actual dhow
Hello Year 13's :biggrin:

Latest