The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
RBC rejection. Chances of SW now = nil.

I'm out.

Good luck with the rest of you applicants.

Don't give up hope, chances are we'll all receive many rejections, it only takes 1 offer to get our foot in the door though

I'm out.

I'd hope that your lowly estimations of RBC didn't come across in your application..

Applying for summer positions, and I've been rejected by Nomura, RBC, CS and some offers.

Yet, I've secured at least first rounds at MS, Barclays, Greenhill, Lazard.. Just wait it out before you give up hope.

For you to be getting rejected this early in the cycle, you must be failing the tests and have something fairly dodgy on your application.
Original post by Cutmeloose
I'd hope that your lowly estimations of RBC didn't come across in your application..

Applying for summer positions, and I've been rejected by Nomura, RBC, CS and some offers.

Yet, I've secured at least first rounds at MS, Barclays, Greenhill, Lazard.. Just wait it out before you give up hope.

For you to be getting rejected this early in the cycle, you must be failing the tests and have something fairly dodgy on your application.

I've only failed PwC and UBS logicals.

Did you get SWs last year? I have ICAP AC but it's not looking to great.
I've only failed PwC and UBS logicals.

Did you get SWs last year? I have ICAP AC but it's not looking to great.

How do you know you didn't fail the others (i.e CS and RBC iirc?)

Not all banks will explicitly say that 'your test marks did not meet their benchmark' when rejecting you. If you're rejected within two week, it's likely to be the tests.

Yeah I did.
How do you know you didn't fail the others (i.e CS and RBC iirc?)

Not all banks will explicitly say that 'your test marks did not meet their benchmark' when rejecting you. If you're rejected within two week, it's likely to be the tests.

Yeah I did.

Maybe the verbals. Ahh, can't do anything about it now -.-

I'm out.

At which stage did you get to select between Global Investment Banking and Global Markets or Tech/Operations?
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
At which stage did you get to select between Global Investment Banking and Global Markets or Tech/Operations?

Can't remember, tbh
Can't remember, tbh

But there was an option right?

I haven't been given anything plus they ask in the competency questions why you picked that specific area
lol an insight day rejection and that means 13 bank rejections? want a slap?

offers or others?
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
But there was an option right?

I haven't been given anything plus they ask in the competency questions why you picked that specific area

I would assume that's where you talk abut it.

Original post by welcometoib
lol an insight day rejection and that means 13 bank rejections? want a slap?

-.- it's incredibly brutal
How do you know wheter you have been rejected because of a bad numerical test or because of something else from the application.
Original post by AnonymousGuyyy
How do you know wheter you have been rejected because of a bad numerical test or because of something else from the application.

For UBS they basically said I failed the tests, so I assume I didn't pass the benchmark on the logicals.

The rest were like "Due to heavy volume of applications ....", albeit I don't know if that's based on tests.
How do you know wheter you've been rejected because of a weak performance on the tests or because of something else in your application
Reply 1334
For People who applied to Credit Suisse:

Has anyone got rejected by their second division choice and have there first one pending?
i.e rejected by finance and pending on investment baking?
Original post by Mdhu
For People who applied to Credit Suisse:

Has anyone got rejected by their second division choice and have there first one pending?
i.e rejected by finance and pending on investment baking?

How do you know it's pending. I just got a generic rejection :K:

Finance Analyst Spring position means the whole programme btw.
Where is the best place to practise the tests? I'm sure you can share(?) the purchased practise ones or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Where is the best place to practise the tests? I'm sure you can share(?) the purchased practise ones or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Buy the all in numerical pack at Canary Wharfian. There are other providers like AssessmentDay/GradMonkey but to be honest there's not much difference between them.
Reply 1338
How do you know it's pending. I just got a generic rejection :K:

Finance Analyst Spring position means the whole programme btw.

Well when I see my application online (at the CS site) it says that my 2015 finance analyst spring insight has been rejected whereas my IB,Equities and Fixed Income spring analyst programme is still under review? I dont know maybe cuz of application volume at the IBD one its just gonna take a longer time for a rejection.
Original post by Mdhu
Well when I see my application online (at the CS site) it says that my 2015 finance analyst spring insight has been rejected whereas my IB,Equities and Fixed Income spring analyst programme is still under review? I dont know maybe cuz of application volume at the IBD one its just gonna take a longer time for a rejection.

Oh ****, you're right. Same here, but probably yeah, it would take a longer time for us to get our IBD rejection if we got rejected by Finance.

Latest

Trending

Trending