The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Wooo same, just got my offer through today after applying on Tuesday. Not really sure about Manchester though
(edited 9 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
MSc Earth Science, loved the open day, one of my firmest choices.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 382
Original post by MercedesAnjelica
Guys I got an offer just now!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

wat course and which uni? I had my interview yesterday
I just want to hear back! The wait is making me like Manchester even more for some reason.
Applying this week for Comp Sci!:wink:
Original post by exanea
Hello :smile:
I've just got an interview for Neuroscience... Was there something wrong with my application? I mean that a lot of you have already got an offer.

I'm aplying for Medicine, that's my aim, and Manchester is my fifth 'insurance' choice. Maybe that is the point...?

Hi! I got an interview for neuroscience from Manchester too! I'm not applying for medicine, I think they like to interview most people so I shouldn't think there's a problem with your application :smile:
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
Got an offer for history on Monday :smile: AAB, think I'll be accepting, anyone else doing history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I've applied for ancient history. I'm still waiting though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
Congrats! I've applied for ancient history. I'm still waiting though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool! Will you be accepting if you get an offer? Where else have you applied? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've gotten an interview for biochemistry :biggrin:
Cool! Will you be accepting if you get an offer? Where else have you applied? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting to hear back from them, Warwick, Reading and Leeds. I'm not sure about accepting. I'll go down that road when I get there.

Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for psychology and got a conditional offer(without an interview?!?!?!?) this week. I'm also applying to Oxford, UCL, King's College London and Edinburgh. Manchester is my safe choice(the condition for my offer is a piece of cake) and I'm waiting(fingers crossed) for other news, and freaking out about the TSA OX. Anyway, it is an amazing uni and right now I'm the happiest person in my whole damn city :smile:)))
Good luck everyone! :*
Original post by Coffeetime
I'm waiting to hear back from them, Warwick, Reading and Leeds. I'm not sure about accepting. I'll go down that road when I get there.

Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, I've also applied to Kent and Oxford Brookes and had an offer from both. Still waiting to hear back from Birmingham and Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
I got a conditional offer from Manchester to study Law yesterday! The original entry requirements were AAA but my offer is AAB :wink: . i also received an offer to study Law at the University of Liverpool with an offer of ABB (their original offer).

Also applied to Oxford, Leeds and Manchester Metropolitan
I received an interview based in the decision Manchester...so now waiting for the real answer yey...biomedical btw
Hi guys, good luck on all your applications. I got an interview for German and Russian. I'm a bit confused though, because according to their email:

We have a policy of making offers to every applicant for German and Russian who attends for interview, so this interview will not decide whether or not we offer you a place. Rather, the purpose of the interview is to enable us to learn more about your experience, interests and motivations for studying at the University.

If this is actually true, then does the interview just determine what the offer is?
Applied for Pharmacy (Mpharm), really hope I get an offer as I'm a post result applicant so already have the grades. Got a lot of nervous waiting to do!
Original post by ooftar
Congrats!! I got one too 😊 Is Manchester your first choice if you don't mind me asking??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay well done!! It's not my first choice really, but I've applied to 5 that I love almost equally so I'm super happy anyway. I think Durham/York would probably be my first choice, but I'm pretty sure I'll be accepting Manchester as an insurance unless I get an AAB offer from Exeter. What about you?
Reply 397
Original post by Kaleyelizabeth96
Applied for Pharmacy (Mpharm), really hope I get an offer as I'm a post result applicant so already have the grades. Got a lot of nervous waiting to do!

I'm a post result applicant too for chemistry! They've asked me for a statement of my results so just got to get that processesed. Has anyone asked you for yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough, I've also applied to Kent and Oxford Brookes and had an offer from both. Still waiting to hear back from Birmingham and Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is your favourite?
Reply 399
Original post by Shanzii
I may be applying for children's nursing at Manchester :smile: It's not my first choice though

I've heard that it's really competitive and hard to get in which kind of puts me off.

Because Manchester is top for employability

Latest

Trending

Trending