The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Lmao, sorry about that.
I really thought we'd get a convincing win, or AT LEAST a clean sheet.
Nope.

Having a Liverpool defender is suicide for fantasy premier league.
We can barely score any goals and we NEVER keep a clean sheet unless we're against Spurs.
I took a punt on Moreno for a few weeks and he paid off big for the Spurs game.
but over the full season you're better off with any other defender from any other top half team.

It's only Ufpl (squad based) so I'm not forced to play him every week like I would be in normal Fpl. Haven't been so unfortunate to fall into the trap of having one for the normal game this year yet. Moreno must've been nice for the Spurs game but yeah, not a season keeper.
not looking to bad this week.. when the points from subs + my VC are added in, it should a passable week..

Does not seem to be that much importance on tonights game, as most teams I see only have ADM in, cant see many people still with rooney, and only a small few with ADM captained..

Should end up within +3 to -3 of last weeks position.. which I will happily take after how bad this week could have been given aguaros 4 goal haul..
Lolcao
United playing as if they're scared. De Gea throws the nearest person the ball and that person has no idea what to do.
suddenly tempted to take out di maria for hazard.

also new to this, so gotta ask why are the such differences in value between how much you'll able to sell your player and how much you may buy them? E.g. right now if i get rid of di maria, I get 9.8m. But to buy him, it would be 10.2m
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
suddenly tempted to take out di maria for hazard.

also new to this, so gotta ask why are the such differences in value between how much you'll able to sell your player and how much you may buy them? E.g. right now if i get rid of di maria, I get 9.8m. But to buy him, it would be 10.2m

That's just the way it is. You can only sell for the same price you bought if their value is still the same when you bought him. Sale price for a player goes up 0.1 for every 0.2 increase in market value so if you bought Sigurdsson for 6.0 and his value shot up to 6.8, you'd only be able to sell for 6.4 meaning you'd lose 0.4 if you wanted to later buy him back.
Who would you say are the most important players to consider bringing into your squad this gameweek?

And who are the players you'd want to get rid of (apart from the injured players obviously)?
Original post by dylantombides
Who would you say are the most important players to consider bringing into your squad this gameweek?

And who are the players you'd want to get rid of (apart from the injured players obviously)?

Aguero, Pelle, Tadic, Siggy, Berahino spring to mind for most important to bring in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
not sure what to do this week..

Without looking at the fixtuers, my plan was to get rid of some of my arsenal players, and bring in some of the more in form players..

but arsenal play sunderland this week who just got recked 8-0 last week.. so maybe its bets to wait a week?

Hmm.. not sure, definetly not taking a hit to get them out.. I may just downgrade stirling to tadic, to free up the funds ready to then take out the arsenal players for aguaro next week..
fallen acorns do you intentionally call him aguaro?

Because it's not a one off typo is it
Moreno to Filipe Luis, for a hit...

tempted you know

nah man I can't
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shady's back
Moreno to Filipe Luis, for a hit...

tempted you know

nah man I can't

I don't think it's quite worth a 4 point hit, although getting rid of a Liverpool defender is never a bad option if you have a FT
Is everyone just keeping Costa this week regardless of him playing or not?
Original post by Shady's back
fallen acorns do you intentionally call him aguaro?

Because it's not a one off typo is it

Not intentional at all..

I gave up looking at how to spell players names a long way back, so my very dyslexic brain tends to just put down something close and call it a day :smile:
Original post by Isometrix

I am really tempted to just do a straight swap from him to aguero (happy shaddy? :wink: )

But that seems like to much of a short term solution, as if they are both fit, there does not seem to be any excuese for not having both, and swapping between them never solves that problem..

plus would need to buy him back for .3 more then I sold him for..

Hmm.. on the other hand, if he does not play, and most people have him, then having 3 fit strikers, could be a good diferencial for this weekend
Original post by fallen_acorns
Not intentional at all..

I gave up looking at how to spell players names a long way back, so my very dyslexic brain tends to just put down something close and call it a day :smile:

you are david pleat and I claim my £5.

last fortnight's best was Morgan Amaltyfeeno. One of my mates calls Suarez 'Suerez' (swearez) which is also objectively a better name for a horrid little man
(edited 9 years ago)

Already got aguero and welbeck anyway so keeping him.
I got Costa early so wouldn't be beneficial swapping him then getting him back anyway
Considered swapping welbeck to pelle but arsenal are playing Sunderland so dat guy will surely score one.
guys do you have any suggestions for my team (I'm not in this TSR league I'm only really bothered about my work one where I'm mid table and want to overhaul a few mates at least):

Courtois; Clyne, Chambers, Alderwereid, Baines; Sterling, Schneiderlin, Fabregas, Di Maria; Lukaku, Welbeck
(Guzan, Shawcross, Zaha, Ulloa)

Have had Lukaku in since the start of the season but thinking he's the player to move on, I've got £1.2m in the bank so some money to play with.

Other alternative transfers I was thinking of were moving out Zaha as he never starts, and getting in Downing or another midfielder).

I've only just bought Baines btw, transferred him in for Azpilcueta but I might transfer him back when Azpilcueta is back from suspension (hopefully his price will have dropped a bit as everyone dumps him), as I like Azpilcueta and he's the cheapest way of getting one of Jose's defenders.
wish i didnt **** up so much early on. Team value / bank is nothing compared to some of the people here.

tfw when want strikeforce of aguero/pelle/costa
tfw others have sterling/siggy/di maria/fabregas and i need to take out sterling for henderson to get the same strikeforce :'(
tfw people do the same/similar transfer but are able to get baines and i'm stuck with the likes of chambers hutton or moore

/dear diary
(edited 9 years ago)

I see no reason for anyone to take him out unless it's for Aguero.

Quick Reply

Latest