The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james1211
Oh no, he wasn't shouting at you was he? :hugs:

No he was shouting in general/shouting at my mum :frown:

Correct, i'm in final year. Also seen the application can take 14 weeks to approve :s-smilie:

It didn't take my application that long to be approved, which is impressive given my uni sent off the form not realising that I'd accidentally forgotten to give them the signature page :tongue: Though I guess that depends on whether they mean 14 weeks between you applying, and them signing off the needs assessment report. That might be more accurate... hmmm...
Oh no, he wasn't shouting at you was he? :hugs:

Correct, i'm in final year. Also seen the application can take 14 weeks to approve :s-smilie:

It is still worth applying, as your uni might be able to lend you equipment sooner, and put in place things quicker like making it easier to get coursework extensions, and being in a smaller room for exams, etc.
Original post by ScaryScience
crisis team are ****. no contact. been nearly 7 hours. is it normal to always wait forever? last time I waited 9 hours :frown: :frown:

Urgh, what a load of ****ers. I'm sorry they're leaving you hanging like this, lovely.

And thanks for the hugs :colondollar:
Original post by rmhumphries
It is still worth applying, as your uni might be able to lend you equipment sooner, and put in place things quicker like making it easier to get coursework extensions, and being in a smaller room for exams, etc.

:hi:

:lovehug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Dad started shouting. Feel like crying :cry2:

:jumphug: thats not fair :nah:
ill give you some banana and chocolate cake when its done :yep:

crisis team are ****. no contact. been nearly 7 hours. is it normal to always wait forever? last time I waited 9 hours :frown: :frown:

thats aweful hun! can you try and leave a message for your dr? how is it a crisis team if they dont contact you when your in the crisis! :mad:
Original post by PandaWho

Thanks hun :hugs:
No he was shouting in general/shouting at my mum :frown:

It didn't take my application that long to be approved, which is impressive given my uni sent off the form not realising that I'd accidentally forgotten to give them the signature page :tongue: Though I guess that depends on whether they mean 14 weeks between you applying, and them signing off the needs assessment report. That might be more accurate... hmmm...

I hate shouting too :hugs:

I have nothing to lose i suppose, just wish i'd known about this in previous years of study. Would have been so useful.

Original post by rmhumphries

I will definitely apply, i have to sort out a current year income form for student finance anyway so this may as well get done while i'm sorting it all out!

Thanks for the help guys.
:ninja:
(edited 9 years ago)
Urgh, what a load of ****ers. I'm sorry they're leaving you hanging like this, lovely.

And thanks for the hugs :colondollar:

Original post by PandaWho

thats aweful hun! can you try and leave a message for your dr? how is it a crisis team if they dont contact you when your in the crisis! :mad:

I think they've forgotten about me :bawling:
I hate shouting too :hugs:

I have nothing to lose i suppose, just wish i'd known about this in previous years of study. Would have been so useful.

I know what you mean. No one ever mentioned it to me when I was an undergrad, so I didn't know, or at least didn't think it would apply to me :mad:

:hugs:
I think they've forgotten about me :bawling:

Oh hun :jumphug: I think we're *finally* off in a few mins - keep me posted via text and I'll reply when possible xxxxx
Original post by superwolf
:hi:

:lovehug:

:smile: :hugs:
no I haven't :frown:

Massive hugs :hugs: If you are admitted just remember it will get easier once you get into a routine there, I promise :hugs:

Original post by guitaristemily
nope
Other teacher? Parent? Sibling? Other relative? :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous #2

Other teacher? Parent? Sibling? Other relative? :hugs:

no,no,no,no. sorry. i just cant tell people.

I guess by starting to post here is a good start though :smile: Maybe when you feel more ready :yep:
omg :bawling: what a ****ing joke. they have just rung me saying they want to pop round TOMORROW. is this some sort of joke. I told them im not interested. **** that. how can they be a ****ing crisis team and come round well after 24 hours after they've been called. now shes ringing my GP to tell her 'weve had this conversation' but shes gone now and wont be working until Monday. omg. so what came out of today. literally **** all. ive been trapped here waiting for them to call and they are ****. just **** this I don't want this what is wrong with these people

Nowadays you won't get much help unless you tell someone (or you're incredibly lucky). I won't pretend that it's easy to tell people, but it's something you'll want to do when you're ready to get some real help. :hugs:

Just be aware that you won't make much progress in terms of recovery until you do start to open up a bit, its just how it goes. It's not like a broken bone where the damage is obvious and easily fixed.
omg :bawling: what a ****ing joke. they have just rung me saying they want to pop round TOMORROW. is this some sort of joke. I told them im not interested. **** that. how can they be a ****ing crisis team and come round well after 24 hours after they've been called. now shes ringing my GP to tell her 'weve had this conversation' but shes gone now and wont be working until Monday. omg. so what came out of today. literally **** all. ive been trapped here waiting for them to call and they are ****. just **** this I don't want this what is wrong with these people

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I wish I I could say I've had better experiences with them than that... :erm:

Please please don't take it as any judgement on how well or unwell you are though, and do get yourself to a safe place if you need to.

Original post by Meaty_man
Nowadays you won't get much help unless you tell someone (or you're incredibly lucky). I won't pretend that it's easy to tell people, but it's something you'll want to do when you're ready to get some real help. :hugs:

Just be aware that you won't make much progress in terms of recovery until you do start to open up a bit, its just how it goes. It's not like a broken bone where the damage is obvious and easily fixed.

Agree with this. :smile:

You're never truly powerless and trapped, you just have to shout loud enough until someone worth their salt realises what's going on, and steps in.

I remember you saying you've tried to get hold of various people to try and sort it out, but not had any luck. :hugs: There will be someone who can do something about it, it's just finding out who they are and being assertive as ****, dare i even say pushy.

That really is shocking...more than 24 hours for a "crisis" team? Sounds like they are the ones making a crisis.

Original post by superwolf

Agree with this. :smile:

:hi: How you been wolfie :smile:
Original post by Meaty_man

I agree with this ^^

Latest