The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rednov8
Well done. It's a good uni that

When did you hand in your application to the unis?ive also applied for ljm!!
Original post by AliceB98
When did you hand in your application to the unis?ive also applied for ljm!!

I sent mine off about a week ago. LJM literally got back to me to offer me an interview the day after I sent my application off? I'm still waiting on the others though. What are you applying for? :smile:
I sent mine off yesterday but not heard anything, I'm applying for children's nursing at York, northumbria, sheffield Hallam, nottingham and LJMU, so jealous you have an interview!!!
Original post by deviant182
Hi everyone :smile:
I am just about to start my l.d nursing degree in 2 weeks so if anyone wants any help i can try and throw some advice your way.
Unfortunately I cannot tell you what interview questions etc I was asked ad it is frowned upon but hopefully I can give you some insight where possible.
Don't worry about trying to get tons of experience in, it's how you apply yourself and your experience to your application that counts.
As for your personal statement, remember it has to be individual to you and that you need to show them why you want to do the course you are applying for.
Best of luck for applications, it was me this time last year! So it can and does happen :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi hun what uni are you at ? Im starting at Edge hill in April for L.D nursing. Is there anything I should be reading up on before I start ? Any advice would be great
Hey guys, I'm applying for child nursing too my main options at the moment are edge hill and LJM, do you have any other suggestions that you may have liked the look of? I'm hoping to send my applications of asap I just need to perfect my personal statement, it's stressing me out haha! Does anyone have any tips for it, important things to include etc? I don't want to miss anything, thank you :smile:
I applied for adult nursing two weeks ago had all my acknowledgment emails just dying for an interview now haha! anyone here applied to Huddersfield/Bradford :smile:
Anyone going to Edge hill ? I start in April
Original post by sally76
Anyone going to Edge hill ? I start in April

I'm applying for edge hill for the September 2015 intake, so scared for sending my application off! Any advice or tips would be greatly received haha :smile:x
Hi hun Edge hill is lovely and the most relaxed and friendly of all the uni's I got interview's for. Just make sure you PS is spot on loads around nursing and what skills you can bring to the profession. Good luck hun I got in after 2 years of trying 😯
(edited 9 years ago)
Heya:smile: I've applied to do Children's nursing at Manchester, LJMU, Edge Hill, Northumbria and York! Sent my application off on the 14th Oct and have got 2 interviews, for my personal statement I linked everything back to children's nursing to make it very clear that I understood the role of a nurse. Just wondered how people are preparing for their interviews and the basic tests?? Goodluck to everyone :smile:
I prepared loads for my interview but each one was very different. Just be yourself the test are basic maths and english you will get sent examples
I sent my UCAS off about 3 weeks ago now.
I've applied for children's nursing at Manchester, Nottingham (x2), Chester and Coventry.
So far I've got one interview at Manchester and only heard from Chester to say they've received my application. Should I be worried that Nottingham and Coventry haven't said they've received it yet?
Also how are people preparing for the Manchester interview?
Hey!
I have applied for Mental Health Nursing at Salford, Chester, UCLAN, Bedfordshire and Wolverhampton.

Anybody else heard anything or had any interviews yet?
Original post by CLclarkey
Heya:smile: I've applied to do Children's nursing at Manchester, LJMU, Edge Hill, Northumbria and York! Sent my application off on the 14th Oct and have got 2 interviews, for my personal statement I linked everything back to children's nursing to make it very clear that I understood the role of a nurse. Just wondered how people are preparing for their interviews and the basic tests?? Goodluck to everyone :smile:

Hey I start edeghill in April childrens nursing let me know if you need help x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys

I've just sent my application off so fingers crossed. I'm applying to do Mental Health Nursing at Cardiff uni, the university of south wales and Swansea Uni.

Excited (And also bricking it!)

x
Original post by claireestelle
anybody happen to know what an emotional intelligence interview involves; LJMU apparently do them as part of their interviews :/

hey I have an interview November 14th for MH nursing and I've tried looking what the test are like but no luck yet, general online emotional intelligence tests seem to be questions on how you would respond to things and it seems to work out an overall score.
Hello!

Also mental health nursing. Applied to Swansea, Cardiff and Uni of south wales. Only just sent my application off! Exciting x
Original post by mellybee
Hey I start edeghill in April childrens nursing let me know if you need help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya congratulations on your place:smile: Edgehill is my top uni, I loved to look of it and really hope to get an interview at least! Could you tell me whether the interviews were one-to-one or group at EdgeHill please? Thankyou
Original post by sally76
I prepared loads for my interview but each one was very different. Just be yourself the test are basic maths and english you will get sent examples

Thankyou I've looked at a range of possible questions I could be asked and prepared basic answers for them, I have also made certain that I'm aware of recent news based around nursing ect... What did you do to prepare? :smile:
Original post by EmilyC96
I sent my UCAS off about 3 weeks ago now.
I've applied for children's nursing at Manchester, Nottingham (x2), Chester and Coventry.
So far I've got one interview at Manchester and only heard from Chester to say they've received my application. Should I be worried that Nottingham and Coventry haven't said they've received it yet?
Also how are people preparing for the Manchester interview?

Hiya I wouldn't be worried I didn't even get an email to say LJMU had received my application, but I have already got an interview so maybe sometimes they don't bother to inform you? Haha:smile: For my Manchester interview I've looked at some generalised questions and answered them but have no idea what to do now :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending