The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2015

Hi everyone,
Was just wondering who's applying for ODP 2015? If so, where are you applying and how much experience, if anything, do you have?
Cheers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi mate,

Ive recently been intrested in ODP and will be looking more into it as an option. And if i do it will most likely be at Huddersfield. Where are you thinking to go?
Hi guys,

Ive done my ucas application for the ODP course 2015, I did research on it and it sounds interesting. which universities have you guys applied for?
Hey :smile: I've applied for Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield. Little worried because I'm 24 and I'd be giving up my nice safe full time job! Fingers crossed for an interview though.
Reply 4
Original post by daksha_g7
Hi guys,

Ive done my ucas application for the ODP course 2015, I did research on it and it sounds interesting. which universities have you guys applied for?

I've applied for edge Hill, uclan and Huddersfield. Also Cardiff and hull but they are my back up choices in a way. You guys?
Original post by swal9800
I've applied for edge Hill, uclan and Huddersfield. Also Cardiff and hull but they are my back up choices in a way. You guys?

Ive done uni of lei, bcu, Coventry, Sheffield hallam. But I don't have hope of getting in because of my grades
Reply 6
Why, what grades have you got/are expecting?
Why, what grades have you got/are expecting?

Im doing my maths and english retake and I have a feeling I won't get a C or above

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by daksha_g7
Im doing my maths and english retake and I have a feeling I won't get a C or above

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll be fine. Have you got a back up plan?
I'm sure you'll be fine. Have you got a back up plan?

I will have to do another year of college to pass my maths and English there will be no other option or else I will just leave education and get on with work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi, I am hoping to apply to Northumbria Uni for the 2015 ODP course. I am a mature student (30 eeek) and I am currently doing my Access course (Science route). I have researched this course and have set my heart on it but I am worried that I don't have the work experience as I have always worked in an office. I currently work full time and i attend college on an evening so it would be very difficult for me to volunteer. Does anybody have any advise?
Reply 11
I'm not sure to be honest. I didn't have any specific theatre experience and I have an interview at Huddersfield in December. Have you any Healthcare experience at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
No I've always been in office work just how it worked out but I have 2 nephews who have haemophilia and I've been heavily involved in their care plans and hospital treatments so was going to talk about that.
Original post by Rach1284
No I've always been in office work just how it worked out but I have 2 nephews who have haemophilia and I've been heavily involved in their care plans and hospital treatments so was going to talk about that.

Try to spare out some time to do voluntree work in health care sector

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone been to the Operating Department Practice course open day at university of Leicester? If so please tell me what it was like and did u talk about your visit in your personal statement and what did you say about it in your personal statement? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Has anybody had any invitations to interview?
I have an interview at Huddersfield I found out yesterday. :smile:
Reply 17
Same here. When's yours?
19th December
Original post by Rach1284
Hi, I am hoping to apply to Northumbria Uni for the 2015 ODP course. I am a mature student (30 eeek) and I am currently doing my Access course (Science route). I have researched this course and have set my heart on it but I am worried that I don't have the work experience as I have always worked in an office. I currently work full time and i attend college on an evening so it would be very difficult for me to volunteer. Does anybody have any advise?

I visited preston uni as i also have like no work experience, they said it would probably be fine as long as i came across as a caring person within my interview and as long as i had done the research about the course and fully understood what it was :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest