The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sally76
Anyone going to Edge hill ? I start in April

Me me !!! Childrens nursing in April 15 cannot wait to get started 😘😘😘😘😘

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi i have applied for adult nursing at liverpool john moores. Got an interview tomorrow morning, so nervous x
Reply 182
Im applying for MHN at Edge Hill, Derby and Birmingham City for September 2015 intake!
I hope I get in, I'm literally so nervous and scared:frown:
I haven't yet sent my application off but I hope to soon! I just finished one of my many drafts of my personal statement lol:biggrin:

Good luck to all of you and I'd love to hear anything which is really helpful to help me stand out with my personal statement!x
Original post by mellybee
Me me !!! Childrens nursing in April 15 cannot wait to get started 😘😘😘😘😘

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't wait !! Wish it was now ! We will all have to meet up before we start
Original post by AshlieDanielle
hi i have applied for adult nursing at liverpool john moores. Got an interview tomorrow morning, so nervous x

That's great! Good luck tomorrow!
Good luck. I applied Adult Nursing at Wolverhampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shepkpk
Good luck. I applied Adult Nursing at Wolverhampton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard anything from them yet?
Not yet. :frown:
Reply 188
I've just had my application sent off! Applying to Cardiff, Nottingham and Liverpool (uni) for adult nursing and Southampton and De Montfort for dual field adult and child :smile: How long did it take for the interviews to come through for you?
Original post by jojothejo
Hello!

Also mental health nursing. Applied to Swansea, Cardiff and Uni of south wales. Only just sent my application off! Exciting x

Hi! :smile: same! I've also applied to oxford Brookes and UWE. Have you heard anything yet? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dannaaay
Hi! :smile: same! I've also applied to oxford Brookes and UWE. Have you heard anything yet? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

you should hear from Oxford Brookes soon, I just got a rejection from there
So sorry. Did they give u reasons why they rejected.
Original post by shepkpk
So sorry. Did they give u reasons why they rejected.

no they didn't. I presume it's because I am only taking two A-Levels combined a BTEC in Science. But even then I am predicted AB with a Distinction* in my BTEC.
You should contact the university and ask about reasons. Last year Wolverhampton rejected me for learning disability. I did contact them and asked the reasons. They need level 2 in Maths and English so i personally visit admissions and assure them i will fulfil the requirements. They invited me for interview and i succeeded. So I must say ask them the reasons and if you can fulfill requirements then try to. Sometimes personal statement can be the reason. Good luck
Original post by caitb97
you should hear from Oxford Brookes soon, I just got a rejection from there

I'm so sorry! What branch of nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shepkpk
You should contact the university and ask about reasons. Last year Wolverhampton rejected me for learning disability. I did contact them and asked the reasons. They need level 2 in Maths and English so i personally visit admissions and assure them i will fulfil the requirements. They invited me for interview and i succeeded. So I must say ask them the reasons and if you can fulfill requirements then try to. Sometimes personal statement can be the reason. Good luck

I agree! Contacting the uni is definitely a good idea. They'll be able to give you advice personal to you which should hopefully help you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my application off on Friday! I applied for adult nursing at Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, York and Lincoln. Nervously awaiting any kind of contact from either UCAS or the universities themselves...
Original post by comcmahon
Hi all,

I am going to be applying for Adult Nursing at York, Bradford, Leeds Met, Chester and either Oxford Brookes or Anglia Ruskin.

Very excited to be applying and really hope I get in on my first try! Does anyone know when the interviews will be starting?

I have booked onto some open days so I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the universities and each course.

When is everyone aiming to have their UCAS applications in for?

I wish everyone luck with their applications!

Hi :smile: iv applied for adult nursing at Leeds and Bradford too about a month ago! have you applied yet? if so have you heard back yet?
Original post by bethellenx
Hi :smile: iv applied for adult nursing at Leeds and Bradford too about a month ago! have you applied yet? if so have you heard back yet?

Hi, I applied on the 15th September. I haven't heard regarding any interviews yet, but I had a few application acknowledgements. I heard from Bradford on the 13th October to say that they are considering my application. I haven't heard anything from Leeds Beckett yet. Hope we both hear back soon :smile:
Has anyone heard from Manchester, DMU or Kings College yet? UCAS recieved my application on Friday and I got an unsuccessful from Brighton yesterday :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending