The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Got an offer from Sheffield (my insurance) of AAB last week. Haven't heard from Nottingham, Exeter or Warwick. Oxford is obviously completely different as the TSA is in November.
Original post by Jenine17
Thanks!! Surprisingly no, haha, I want to go to either Exeter or Nottingham but they're the only two that I haven't heard back from yet:frown:

Ooh where else have you got offers from, I'm waiting on nottingham too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 702
Original post by tomixox
Is anyone here applying to Oxford and is taking the TSA or has already taken the TSA?? Some tips would be very very appreciated

Check out the TSA thread on the Oxford section and maybe read through some of previous years threads. All you need is in there and quite easy to find
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ooh where else have you got offers from, I'm waiting on nottingham too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leeds (AAA) and Southampton (AAB), where else did you apply?
Leeds (AAA) and Southampton (AAB), where else did you apply?

Snap with leeds, cambridge warwick durham and nottingham :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer from Birmingham for Economics!

Well done! Do you mind me asking what you got for AS and GCSE?
Just got an AAB offer from Sheffield!
Original post by a320airbus97
Just got an AAB offer from Sheffield!

well done! where else have you applied?
well done! where else have you applied?

Edinburgh, Queen Mary, Southampton, City (got an offer from them earlier today).
Edinburgh, Queen Mary, Southampton, City (got an offer from them earlier today).

Oooh that's great then, is Edinburgh your favourite?
Oooh that's great then, is Edinburgh your favourite?

Yes, I really want to go to Edinburgh, but their welcome email said that it could be as late as January before an offer is made:frown:
Yes, I really want to go to Edinburgh, but their welcome email said that it could be as late as January before an offer is made:frown:
Yeah I'm dreading having to wait until January for a couple of my choices
I have applied for straight Economics at Cambridge, Nottingham, Warwick, St Andrews and Kent.

I've got an offer from Kent! But when should I expect to hear from the rest of them?
Just got an offer from Nottingham!! I'm so happy omg
Just got an offer from Nottingham!! I'm so happy omg

Congratulations!! Can I just ask when you applied and for your stats? Also did the university contact you at all after the acknowledgement email? Thank you!! Well done again!!!
I'm reading ridiculous amounts right now. I'm always one or two Economist magazines behind and I've started to read the telegraph a lot more often. I think nearer interviews I will do a FT trial as well. neeeeed to improve my retention
Original post by tomixox
Congratulations!! Can I just ask when you applied and for your stats? Also did the university contact you at all after the acknowledgement email? Thank you!! Well done again!!!

Thank you!! Couldn't be more happy rn, I applied on the 7th so it's been about 17 days.. relatively quick in my opinion and I'm only waiting on Exeter now since I got offers from my other unis (Southampton, Leeds and Birmingham) within the past week.
For GCSE I got 1A* 7As and for AS I got an A in Economics (full marks in unit 2), B in Maths and B in Psychology - Predicted 3As at A2 which is the offer they gave me. They sent me a confirmation email about 3-4 days after I sent off my application :biggrin:
Thank you!! Couldn't be more happy rn, I applied on the 7th so it's been about 17 days.. relatively quick in my opinion and I'm only waiting on Exeter now since I got offers from my other unis (Southampton, Leeds and Birmingham) within the past week.
For GCSE I got 1A* 7As and for AS I got an A in Economics (full marks in unit 2), B in Maths and B in Psychology - Predicted 3As at A2 which is the offer they gave me. They sent me a confirmation email about 3-4 days after I sent off my application :biggrin:

Woooow 4/5 - your doing exceptionally well; especially this early!! Congratulations again 😊😊😊😊
Reply 718
Has anyone else got a high offer from Exeter? I got an offer today of A*A*A which is a lot higher than I was expecting, was hoping for an AAB/AAA offer from them!
Original post by 9876cd
Has anyone else got a high offer from Exeter? I got an offer today of A*A*A which is a lot higher than I was expecting, was hoping for an AAB/AAA offer from them!

Congratulations but bloody hell! That is ridiculously high - not even LSE or oxbridge ask for two A*'s :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending