The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brixtons.Baddest
stop acting like you really bout that life though
You are not no Don you're more like a nitty .:tongue:

+1 rep
Original post by Ggmu!
I could be, but I'm not. The extent of me being a Hindu is having read lots of books, but knowledge isn't the same as signing up to a belief system.

They see it as simple honesty. I think it's normal to question God's existence. That verse has lots of philosophical undertones that have been a source of debate for Hindus for a long time, so there isn't really a clear consensus. Hinduism is just too split and varied to really have one homogenous opinion or idea. They're all as valid as each other. Me not believing in God is as valid as someone who does, and if God is real, I don't believe he'd hold it against me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend you seem very confused at one moment you are an atheist and god doesn't exist, five minutes later you are an agnostic and you are not sure about the existence of a god.
Original post by Ggmu!
I didn't say it was, that silly person I quoted tried to make atheists look stupid so she made something up (atheists thinks there is nothing wrong with incest, she has no proof).

Homosexuality is natural and has been observed in multiple species. Some genes have been identified in relation to sexuality.

Cmon buddy, you had to stop believing the world was flat, or shaped like an ostrich egg, or that the sun revolved around us, or we came from Adam and Eve etc. You'll one day have to stop believing homosexuality is a choice and accept it's not a choice.

Btw what's it to you what people do with their sexual organs, as long as they don't do it to you or harm you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Atheists believe that as long as it is between consenting adults and they use contraception, there is nothing wrong with incest. And why wouldn't they believe that? If you believe homosexuality is fine, you can't say incest is wrong because it is the same concept- 2 consenting adults doing whatever they want without harming anyone. Isn't that the basis of all morals in atheism?
Laurence Krauss, an atheist and a physicist who is highly respected by atheists actually said he doesn't see what's wrong with a brother and a sister having intercourse if they used contraception. Loool- this is the ugly truth of atheism and I have not made this up.
How's everyone doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOW!!!Ggmu you're a real hypocrite talking about my roots yes I may be working class but at least I don't put on some charade about I'm a "real don" you are a plonker when really you're some little indian yout that probably cowers when you are faced by real a "don".
Secondly these terms of endearment you use need to stop before you actually experience what I real "G" actually entails you are mocking a culture you have no idea about.:wink:

Articulate/10
What does articulate/10 mean?

if that is a derogatory term I suggest you stay far away:hand: I don't want to cause a uproar with you I'm tired of having confrontations on this APP.:frown:

Means you were very articulate in your use of vocabulary. I was impressed :rolleyes:
Reply 4386
WOW!!!Ggmu you're a real hypocrite talking about my roots yes I may be working class but at least I don't put on some charade about I'm a "real don" you are a plonker but in all seriousness really you're some little indian yout that probably cowers when you are faced by a real "don".
Secondly these terms of endearment you use need to stop before you actually experience what I real "G" actually entails you are mocking a culture you have no idea about.:wink:

Somebody seems a lil mad lol

You ok buddy? You shouldn't rise above your station :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4387
Original post by Noura*
Atheists believe that as long as it is between consenting adults and they use contraception, there is nothing wrong with incest. And why wouldn't they believe that? If you believe homosexuality is fine, you can't say incest is wrong because it is the same concept- 2 consenting adults doing whatever they want without harming anyone. Isn't that the basis of all morals in atheism?
Laurence Krauss, an atheist and a physicist who is highly respected by atheists actually said he doesn't see what's wrong with a brother and a sister having intercourse if they used contraception. Loool- this is the ugly truth of atheism and I have not made this up.

Oh who said that? The international atheists alliance?

I could say all muslims sympathise with terrorists and despite what you say I'll say 'hurr durr you know it's true!1!!1' Because that's a great argument.
Incest sickens me.

Original post by Al-farhan
My friend you seem very confused at one moment you are an atheist and god doesn't exist, five minutes later you are an agnostic and you are not sure about the existence of a god.

God doesn't exist as far as I know. Nobody can possibly know, by its very nature. 100% certainty either way is a dishonest position imo.

I don't think you found it confusing at all :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
3 emirati women attacked with a hammer in a hotel in central london by a a drug addict who robbed them too after leaving them for dead. One of the women got hit so badly that her skull split in half and she lost one eye and can never speak or move again. I actually held back tears when I read it on the train this morning :frown: pray for them peeps

The idiot is still roaming the streets until his trial next month. Ya rabb THIS IS WHY THE DEATH PENALTY SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK!!! :angry:

Can you not let your emotions take up your judgement? How can you kill a man, that has not killed anyone?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ggmu!
Somebody seems a lil mad lol

You ok buddy? You shouldn't rise above your station :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by somalilander

Can you not let your emotions take up your judgement? How can you kill a man, that has not killed anyone?

He wanted to kill them so the inention is there. And the woman is alive but dead at the same time because she cant see from one eye, move properly or talk
Wcs! :smile: im good thanks and you? Uni is good, just finding it hard to adjust to the workload lol

You're at qm too right? :tongue:

Yh i am; are you?
Original post by Al-farhan
Maxaad tiri?
yaad cayneeysa

That message was supposed to be a reply to Secretnerd123
Original post by mahad1912
Yh i am; are you?

Maybe :innocent:
Haha. Are you enjoying the uni experience so far? And did you go to the somali soc event today? I missed it :/
Reply 4393
hi guys anyone wanna be my friend

just kidding....or am i?
Maybe :innocent:
Haha. Are you enjoying the uni experience so far? And did you go to the somali soc event today? I missed it :/

I didn't even know :redface: lol what do you study?

lool I didn't even know that was on today. Did you get an email?
Original post by Sabr
hi guys anyone wanna be my friend

just kidding....or am i?

I'll be your friend :biggrin:
What do u study?

I didn't even know :redface: lol what do you study?

lool I didn't even know that was on today. Did you get an email?

Psychology. Wbu?

Yuppp. I went to a games night which was hosted by the psych soc last night so came home at like 9.30 so was shattered and didnt bother going in to uni today for it lol. Its called 'soo fariiso' (cool name right? :tongue:) and they're hosting it every 2 wks
Psychology. Wbu?

Yuppp. I went to a games night which was hosted by the psych soc last night so came home at like 9.30 so was shattered and didnt bother going in to uni today for it lol. Its called 'soo fariiso' (cool name right? :tongue:) and they're hosting it every 2 wks

Nice! I'm actually participating in a study by your department. I study biomedical science.

I left uni and started my work shift from 4-11. literally came home and dropped on my bed and woke up around 8 (should've stayed awake after fajr). Your'e lucky, I was forced to go in for a lab practical.

soo fariiso lol, thats actually a cool name. Although non-somali people would be like :confused::confused: did you get an email about it?
Nice! I'm actually participating in a study by your department. I study biomedical science.

I left uni and started my work shift from 4-11. literally came home and dropped on my bed and woke up around 8 (should've stayed awake after fajr). Your'e lucky, I was forced to go in for a lab practical.

soo fariiso lol, thats actually a cool name. Although non-somali people would be like :confused::confused: did you get an email about it?

Aww Is your job in retail?
Ohh i see. Yeah they do so many studies here :tongue:

Here it is: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1414178213.890770.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1414178258.212722.jpg

Hows uni for you so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaaaaaam guys, just a hi-tech question for y'all. Anyone can recommend me a good laptop for about £400 pounds? I tried going to PC world and Currys today but they were trying to rip me off so bad! Plus I hate the windows 8 look so much! Downloading microsoft word/excel etc will be such a great deal of a hassle since they no longer do CD versions. I checked out some good HP ones but they seem like the type that will snap in a instance, especially with a clumsy person like me.

So any hi-tech/technical person out ere that can help me out is much appreciated.

Hope y'all are doing fine insaAllah.

A dude that approaches a girl at a bus stop and on top of that ignores fellow muslims due to his fitnah being blocked has no right to take the religious high ground with regards to growing a beard, you are better off just ignoring them.
Also add to that the fact that they backbite and gossip behind your back adds to their double standards, a clean shaven brother with a hoodie and denim jeans and a pure heart is better than a brother with a beard to his navel, a miswak, a qamiss and kufi that backbites and instigates gossip

Spot on! About the thing i highlighted in bold. I have learnt that the hard way haha.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending