The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MancBoy
The most likely reason is for the attention. Most girls would do anything for some male atrention and self validation.

This is why you see women who are married going out clubbing mainly to boost their egos and to show they still 'have it'.

The other reason is to monkey branch I.e keeping other guys as a backup just in case anything goes wrong.

I think your monkey branch idea is true. It seems really harsh on the guy friend when he is not told that she is in a relationship and that she flirts and keeps him wanting more.

The friend seems to only care about her own happiness even if she is ruining the guy friend's life!

Original post by Jebedee
2 reasons, she wants attention and she's sizing up other men as a replacement for her current boyfriend without having to leave him first and risk being single for any amount of time. But if you have any sense you'll either just persue her long enough to have sex and leave, or just leave her alone altogether due to how she's treating her current boyfriend.

Monkeys and branches.

I know a girl who concealed that she had a bf and was rubbing her feet on my crotch and stuff. She always used to interupt me talking to other hot girls at halls. What does this mean? She also used to talk down other girls who I said I liked or would like to ask out?

Original post by flatmatetrouble
Let me rephrase this for you. A girl from another course, who is really friendly with a lot of people, was friendly towards you. Later you found out she has a boyfriend.

Let me ask you a more appropriate quesiton, why do you think that girls being friendly and nice is them leading you on?

:rolleyes:

What do you think about the girl above who rubs her feet on me, interupts me talking to other hot girls at halls and talks down/badly about other girls behind their back when I suggest who I fancy? On top of it this girl has a boyfriend, but concealed that from me.

In terms of the married one. She gave me her number when she refused to give it to almost every other guy in uni. She suggested we grab a coffee. She has played with her hair and laughed at my silly jokes. She always gave me a smile. How is that not flirting? And why not mention that you are engaged!?! I wouldn't flirt if I knew that!

Original post by kunoichi
This

It's called being nice. I give both my male and female friends compliments, laugh at their jokes etc, thats how friendship works....

guys, would you prefer it if we were all rude and ignored you? Because thats the attitude im feeling here.

Look all I'm saying is, everyone should be nice to everyone. But you shouldn't get very very touchy (feet on crotch) or hands on chest or interupt your male friend when he's talking to hot girls at halls. That sends a different vibe wouldn't you agree?
Reply 61
Original post by Jebedee
Because they're currently in the market for an upgrade. The second they mention having a boyfriend is the second you know that you screwed up the interaction somewhere along the line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I guess i should take it as a compliment that this girl (who is taken, but concealed this fact from me) is rubbing her foot on my crotch? She is also my friend. I feel confused!

Sounds like she's trying to use me and wants me as a monkey branch. What to do?

Original post by Eboracum
Happened to me as well at university. I was engaging in "wild sexual flirting" with this lovely girl. On the day I was set to ask her out I found out she had a boyfriend. Girls with boyfriends shouldn't talk/joke about sex related topics with other males, very confusing situation and if I was the bf I'd be horrified.

AGREED. A girl I know has been rubbing her foot on my crotch and touching my chest (and interupting my conversation) when I am talking to other girls at halls.

Thoughts?

Original post by Zarek
Flirting doesn't stop dead when you're in a relationship generally.

If you're engaged though? Why would the girl flirt and not tell me she is taken? She never told me and I'm the only guy her age she has given her number to in the entire building apparently!

And another girl at my halls, who is my friend, concealed the fact she fact she had a boyfriend from me and was rubbing her foot on my crotch the other day!

What do you think?
Original post by pshah2
First of all, disclosure I have female friends and I don't hit on all girls.

I met a girl at uni who I thought was very pretty, seemed to get on with in conversation. In fact, she seemed fairly flirty too. She's on a different course to me. She seemed very friendly with lots of people on her course and her circle seemed to include several guys and girls. She used to laugh and smile with me a lot. In fairness I never asked her out or asked about a bf, but then way later on, I found out from someone else that she has a boyfriend. Whaaat? I mean as well as being friendly, I was pretty forward with compliments about her, so I'm not sure why she didn't bring it up. In fact, from what I heard things are serious and marriage is possibly on the cards!

I know there is no "taken" ring on every girl who isn't single, but I felt she was leading me on a bit! I feel uncomfortable now as I wasn't trying to hit on a girl who has a boyfriend.

Does this happen often?!

It's your fault not hers, she is fun and nice so you like her, you should not get attached so easily. Of course, it's different if you actually do become close in which case you should be loyal, but you were clearly nowhere near
Reply 63
because they are a bit loose in the first place and they like the feeling of other men wanting them, and getting kicks out of flirting with them knowing that they're with another guy.
Reply 64
Original post by pshah2
So I guess i should take it as a compliment that this girl (who is taken, but concealed this fact from me) is rubbing her foot on my crotch? She is also my friend. I feel confused!

AGREED. A girl I know has been rubbing her foot on my crotch and touching my chest (and interupting my conversation) when I am talking to other girls at halls.

Thoughts?

If you're engaged though? Why would the girl flirt and not tell me she is taken? She never told me and I'm the only guy her age she has given her number to in the entire building apparently!

And another girl at my halls, who is my friend, concealed the fact she fact she had a boyfriend from me and was rubbing her foot on my crotch the other day!

What do you think?

You must be a sex god and they just can't control themselves..
Reply 65
Original post by yo radical one
It's your fault not hers, she is fun and nice so you like her, you should not get attached so easily. Of course, it's different if you actually do become close in which case you should be loyal, but you were clearly nowhere near

To be honest, she wasn't always nice, she ignored texts for instance. I was the only one she gave her number to. I don't get it. At least mention in passing your relationship status. I'm not attached, but feel a bit confused as to why she flirted back, but didn't mention it. I don't think it's completely my fault. I will delete her number. I don't want a dishonest friend.

What do you make of this example:

A female friend rubbed her bare foot on my crotch the other day whilst we were sitting in a group of people. I didn't know what to say. I felt great and now have a bit of a fantasy about her. But I just found out that she has a long distance boyfriend from someone else. She never ever told me this!!!
Original post by pshah2

If she's hot then do it, but don't try to make a girlfriend out of her because she obviously isn't suitable for it. Just tell her don't be rubbing me there unless you're going to follow through. "I don't like unfinished business".
Original post by pshah2

Thoughts?

Spoiler

I had that once under the table at a restaurant. She was single, but that was when I was about 17 and didn't have the confidence to give her what she wanted, (the d). But yes, in your case that really is flirting. I mean if I was the boyfriend I'd be absolutely horrified.

What is going on is obvious. A) She prefers you to her boyfriend and is not satisfied (emotionally/sexually) by her boyfriend, and B) She doesn't want you to be with anyone else because of it.

What I'd do is teach her a lesson. Get to know other girls, go on a date, and eventually the girl who is flirting with you will realise you're a bigger dog than her boyfriend and will either leave him or self-destruct on the inside. Best of luck.
Original post by pshah2
To be honest, she wasn't always nice, she ignored texts for instance. I was the only one she gave her number to. I don't get it. At least mention in passing your relationship status. I'm not attached, but feel a bit confused as to why she flirted back, but didn't mention it. I don't think it's completely my fault. I will delete her number. I don't want a dishonest friend.

>To be honest, she wasn't always nice, she ignored texts for instance.

It's a ****ing text man, get over it

Ask yourself this, if a male friend didn't text back, would you give one single ****? No.

Original post by pshah2

What do you make of this example:

A female friend rubbed her bare foot on my crotch the other day whilst we were sitting in a group of people. I didn't know what to say. I felt great and now have a bit of a fantasy about her. But I just found out that she has a long distance boyfriend from someone else. She never ever told me this!!!

If I were her boyfriend I would be extremely annoyed, but at the same time, it's nothing for you to brag about. The very fact that you like her because she rubbed her foot on you, shows that you fall for women far too easily, probably because you have not been with very many.
Reply 69
Original post by Jebedee
If she's hot then do it, but don't try to make a girlfriend out of her because she obviously isn't suitable for it. Just tell her don't be rubbing me there unless you're going to follow through. "I don't like unfinished business".

Ha I like that! Would she deny she was trying anythng at that point? I can't get her foot rub out of my head now. But I agree, considering she has a bf, and I am a nice guy, I'm not interested in such a cheater.

If she was single, as I thought she was, (she still hasn't told me about her bf) then I would love to let her do what she did.

Original post by yo radical one
>To be honest, she wasn't always nice, she ignored texts for instance.

It's a ****ing text man, get over it

Ask yourself this, if a male friend didn't text back, would you give one single ****? No.

If I were her boyfriend I would be extremely annoyed, but at the same time, it's nothing for you to brag about. The very fact that you like her because she rubbed her foot on you, shows that you fall for women far too easily, probably because you have not been with very many.

Would still be peeved if a how are you? have a great easter text was ignored by a guy friend, but especially this girl since she was nice in person. I think it's a bit rude frankly of this girl to ignore. Other girls I have met don't and I respect them for that.

Look I am trying to talk to other women. This girl kept interupting me and then gave me a foot rub. Yes I would like her to do it again. But just found out that despite her not mentioning it, she has a boyfriend! Wtf?

What should I do?
Reply 70
Original post by Eboracum

Spoiler

I had that once under the table at a restaurant. She was single, but that was when I was about 17 and didn't have the confidence to give her what she wanted, (the d). But yes, in your case that really is flirting. I mean if I was the boyfriend I'd be absolutely horrified.

What is going on is obvious. A) She prefers you to her boyfriend and is not satisfied (emotionally/sexually) by her boyfriend, and B) She doesn't want you to be with anyone else because of it.

What I'd do is teach her a lesson. Get to know other girls, go on a date, and eventually the girl who is flirting with you will realise you're a bigger dog than her boyfriend and will either leave him or self-destruct on the inside. Best of luck.

Hahahaa. Yes I must admit I really was loving what she was doing with her feet. And I so wanted her to do it in private. The fact that it was in public, I felt nervous. The fact that I found out afterwards that she already has a boyfriend is worrying. I agree with your points, maybe she is unsatisfied and it seems clear she is intent on blocking me from meeting other women.

I will try and date other women for sure. Although I really really really would love her foot rub to be a regular thing, I'm too nice and honest to indulge her if she's not single.

There is another girl on her course who I fancy, and my friend seems adamant that we don't meet! Why is that I wonder? What do you reckon?
Reply 71
Original post by arson_fire
Eh?! Didn`t say I didn`t like it. If a guy starts spending time dancing and talking with a girl in a club then it`s almost certain he wants in her pants. Don`t act all surprised when he makes a move. If you don`t want him to make a move or you have a bf then perhaps slip that into conversation and give him the chance to go elsewhere if he`s just looking for sex.

What do you think about this:

1. A girl who is engaged befriends and flirts with a guy, but does not tell him her relationship status. She only gives her number to him. She laughs and gives only him out of many guys a radiant smile, etc. Then she starts to blank his texts.

2. A girl who has a long distance boyfriend, befriends and flirts with a guy. She does not tell him she has a boyfriend. She touches him on the chest, she flirts with him. Though he does not appear interested, she interupts him talking to other hot girls at halls or at uni. As his friend, she knows when she speaks to him, that he fancies other girls on her own course, but deliberately talks them down or blocks him from meeting them. She then one day whilst sitting in a group with him included, puts her bare feet right on top of his crotch. He feels great and longs for her touch and dreams about her that night. Nothing else happens that day, but two days later, at a halls breakfast, she looks at him and sucks her finger from across the room. He finds out from someone else that she has a boyfriend and feels confused.

Thoughts?
Reply 72
Original post by arson_fire
1) Sounds like someone wanting to prove to themselves that are still attractive. Probably not looking for anything other than an ego-boost.

2) Sounds like a bit of an attention seeker, or could be genuinely interested. Just because she has a BF doesn`t mean she isn`t looking to dump him for someone better. But, if she`s like that to her current bf she`s likely to do that to the next guy.

Yeah some great points.

1) She is extremely attractive tbh. Many people are nervous to approach her because of it. I somehow mustered the courage to do it. Thing is I was getting ready to ask her out. Now I found out from someone else she is engaged apparently. Seems a bit harsh of her not to mention it just to boost her ego. She's messing with me. I mean she suggested we get a coffee sometime too. Also came and sat next to me in the computer room one day and started talking.

2) Attention seeker. Definitely fits that decription. You could put a picture of her in the dictionary next to those words. Thing is she is hot, I'll give her that. But I don't view her as girlfriend material, which is why I was pursuing others. We're on a committee together, which is why we are friends at halls. She seems like a narcissist. She has someone already, but wants attention and actively prevents me from meeting hot girls at halls and on her course. What does this mean? Trouble is I struggle to get her rubbing her feet and sucking me off out of my head.
[QUOTE=pshah2;51139529
Look all I'm saying is, everyone should be nice to everyone. But you shouldn't get very very touchy (feet on crotch) or hands on chest or interupt your male friend when he's talking to hot girls at halls. That sends a different vibe wouldn't you agree?

no i dont agree. Why would I assume he finds a girl hot? What if he's talking to a girl I dont think is hot yet he fancies? Why would I automatically assume he's trying to make a move?

I might see my friend and just say hello, regardless of who he's talking to etc. Too many scenarios there for it just to be stopping someone making a move.

Extremely touchy feely maybe. Having had a very close mixed gender friendship group i'm used to friends ignoring gender and just being comfortable around each other without it getting sexual, so it just depends on the friendship group i guess.
Reply 74
no i dont agree. Why would I assume he finds a girl hot? What if he's talking to a girl I dont think is hot yet he fancies? Why would I automatically assume he's trying to make a move?

I might see my friend and just say hello, regardless of who he's talking to etc. Too many scenarios there for it just to be stopping someone making a move.

Extremely touchy feely maybe. Having had a very close mixed gender friendship group i'm used to friends ignoring gender and just being comfortable around each other without it getting sexual, so it just depends on the friendship group i guess.

But you don't think it's rude to interupt someone mid conversation?

E.g. I was talking to a girl (who I also fancied and my friend knows this) at halls. It was just the two of us in a crowded room, in the corner. My female friend is at the other end, walks directly in between the girl I am talking to and myself and just hugs me, then proceeds to talk to me as if the other girl wasn't there.

How do you not think that is not RUDE??

I'm not saying all girls are bad. But girls who do that, are TERRIBLE PEOPLE. Full stop.
Original post by pshah2
But you don't think it's rude to interupt someone mid conversation?

E.g. I was talking to a girl (who I also fancied and my friend knows this) at halls. It was just the two of us in a crowded room, in the corner. My female friend is at the other end, walks directly in between the girl I am talking to and myself and just hugs me, then proceeds to talk to me as if the other girl wasn't there.

How do you not think that is not RUDE??

I'm not saying all girls are bad. But girls who do that, are TERRIBLE PEOPLE. Full stop.

Fully cutting someone of is rude yes, going up to say hi and have a conversation with your friend is not.

Terrible people is a bit extreme, lacking in manners maybe.

Tbh maybe if some guys didnt get so blinded and see every little word or gesture as flirting then they wouldnt get so disappointed.
Reply 76
Fully cutting someone of is rude yes, going up to say hi and have a conversation with your friend is not.

Tbh maybe if some guys didnt get so blinded and see every little word or gesture as flirting then they wouldnt get so disappointed.

She didn't come and say hi to my new friend. She cut in, stepped in between us and blanked the new girl. The new girl ended up walking off. That is just plain wrong. Completely lacking in manners.

But it seemed to have been done with the express purpose of getting rid of this girl. I notice my female friend only comes and interjects when I'm talking to hot girls. Coincidence?

And what do you make of her talking bad and dismissing me meeting another girl on her course who I have a crush on?

All of this btw and she also has a boyfriend?
Reply 77

ALSO What do you think about this:

1. A girl who is engaged befriends and flirts with a guy, but does not tell him her relationship status. She only gives her number to him. She laughs and gives only him out of many guys a radiant smile, etc. She suggests they meet for a coffee. Then she starts to blank his texts. But she still talks to him person and often plays with her hair when around him. She has not given her number to any other guy except you.

2. A girl who has a long distance boyfriend, befriends and flirts with a guy. She does not tell him she has a boyfriend. She touches him on the chest, she flirts with him. Though he does not appear interested, she interupts him talking to other hot girls at halls or at uni. As his friend, she knows when she speaks to him, that he fancies other girls on her own course, but deliberately talks them down or blocks him from meeting them. She then one day whilst sitting in a group with him included, puts her bare feet right on top of his crotch. He feels great and longs for her touch and dreams about her that night. Nothing else happens that day, but two days later, at a halls breakfast, she looks at him and sucks her finger from across the room. He finds out from someone else that she has a boyfriend and feels confused.
Original post by pshah2
She didn't come and say hi to my new friend. She cut in, stepped in between us and blanked the new girl. The new girl ended up walking off. That is just plain wrong. Completely lacking in manners.

But it seemed to have been done with the express purpose of getting rid of this girl. I notice my female friend only comes and interjects when I'm talking to hot girls. Coincidence?

And what do you make of her talking bad and dismissing me meeting another girl on her course who I have a crush on?

All of this btw and she also has a boyfriend?

yes thats rude. you may be correct here.
What is this strange universe where girls routinely flirt by rubbing their feet on your crotch?

Maybe I'm more unfanciable than I thought...

Latest

Trending

Trending