The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Are KPMG also closed for Management Consulting in London? I keep trying to apply and it returns an error.
Reply 281
I'm not sure if capgemini has closed? It may be that different service lines have different dates and they may be doing AC's in stages.
I've applied for business risk services

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Consultingstude
What scheme at Grant Thornton are you applying for?

Audit! yourself?
Reply 283
Original post by tasmith247
Hi, have you heard back about an interview date? I found out I passed the online tests today and have been invited for interview! Just wondering how long Capgemini take to get back to you. thanks :smile:

They've been very efficient so far. Told that I had passed the test stages last Friday afternoon and on Monday morning I received an email saying that I'd have my telephone interview by Thursday at the latest.

Original post by TC2016

Are you referring to a telephone interview or an interview at their offices? I've got a telephone interview with them on thursday morning.

Telephone interview. Was told on Monday that they needed to interview me by the 23rd (Thursday) at the latest, as there was an assessment centre the following week. I'm still waiting for my interviewer to schedule a time and date - presume they'll be in touch tomorrow if they want it all done-and-dusted by Thursday.
(edited 9 years ago)
What resources are you guys employing to practice/study for case interviews? Being new to consulting, it's an area I'm working a lot on but also a bit scared of just because I've never done a case interview before.
Reply 285
Original post by Michael XYZ
What resources are you guys employing to practice/study for case interviews? Being new to consulting, it's an area I'm working a lot on but also a bit scared of just because I've never done a case interview before.

I was wondering the same thing! Can I ask what degree you did? I did a law degree so I'm hoping it's not too dissimilar from analysing a legal case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TC2016
I was wondering the same thing! Can I ask what degree you did? I did a law degree so I'm hoping it's not too dissimilar from analysing a legal case

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics. But I don't feel confident about it at all because of that.
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from ibm after passing their assessment centre? It's been nearly 5 weeks for me!
Original post by Michael XYZ
Anyone having issues with KPMG? Not able to register/log on.

Also has EY closed applications?

EY tend to close apps as soon as theyve filled up the positions for that role. It will probs open again in July/August after grads get their degrees, but that is a long time to wait

Original post by Consultingstude
Anyone applied to the BDO Management Consulting scheme? Been waiting for ages after sending off the initial app.

Yeah i only applied last week but heard nothing at all apart from getting an automated email saying they had received it :s-smilie:
going to a networking dinner today - does anyone have any tips on how to hit it off?
Reply 290
So impressed with Grant Thornton's recruitment process they're so quick and efficient. In just over a week I took the online tests, got told I passed and had to do a video interview and the next day got told I passed the video and they've booked in a feedback report already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Are there any upcoming closing deadlines?
Original post by swiftylol
Are there any upcoming closing deadlines?

BCG - 1st Nov
Bain - 2nd Nov
Parthenon Group - 5th Nov
LEK - 9th Nov
Reply 293
Just got an email/call from Capgemini saying that after yesterday's phone interview, I'm through to an Assessment Day on Thursday 30th. Hopefully I'll see some of you there and we can put faces to names!
Original post by Throwaway2521
BCG - 1st Nov
Bain - 2nd Nov
Parthenon Group - 5th Nov
LEK - 9th Nov

Cheers!
Original post by swiftylol
Cheers!

And Mckinsey is 30th Oct
Hi guys, I have a quick question. On the PwC application form did anyone upload a CV? I forgot to upload a CV and their application form didn't prom me to do so either. Does upload a CV help or do they judge you by the response you give in application form??
Reply 297
Hi guys!

All those who applied to Capgemini:
1.1. Which intake period have you chosen (month/year)?
1.2. Is the verbal reasoning test a standard true/false/cannot say or something different?

2. Without some kind of Oxbridge (or equivalent) background, does one have any remote chances to pass the CV step at MBB (McKinsey, BCG, Bain)? Any first-hand experience/knowledge about this?

Thanks!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 298
Original post by Throwaway2521
Just took the KPMG verbal and numerical reasoning tests. Verbal seemed okay but numerical was brutal - just manged to attempt half the questions :sigh:

How's everyone else's applications going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey so i've been invited to sit the SJT for KPMG, do you have any tips for this? thanks.
Original post by zabiiin
Hey so i've been invited to sit the SJT for KPMG, do you have any tips for this? thanks.

SJT wasn't too bad. Honestly, the only way to prepare is just to know which competencies KPMG are looking for (see their website) and try and make sure your answers reflect these. And also just practice other SJTs - AssessmentDay is good for this.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending