The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:penguinhug:

:jumphug: Currently on Facebook if you need a rant :hugs: Not sure how much longer I'll be there, coz supposed to be working :ninja:

:hugs: tiz ok, have no words. just very ill
Original post by Anonymous #2
Thanks :smile: Really? I honestly thought I was the only person who felt like this :hugs:

Mmm yeah :smile: Need to find somebody to have one with first though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres deffo ways for LGBT people to have their own biological children, even women that cant hold a pregnancy to term can still have their own biological children by using a host womb. Science is wonderful these days!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Theres deffo ways for LGBT people to have their own biological children, even women that cant hold a pregnancy to term can still have their own biological children by using a host womb. Science is wonderful these days!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, really? In all honesty I haven't looked into it much, I just presumed I couldn't. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, really? In all honesty I haven't looked into it much, I just presumed I couldn't. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep science is a good thing nowadays :smile:
Who is gonna be making the new thread? Nearly there...
Managed to get a decent night's sleep last night and do some uni work today. Also, told one of my lecturers about my MH issues and how I'm struggling with work and he sent me this nice message about how he can help me catch up with work and stuff which meant a lot :smile: Still feeling really messed up and my GP appointment on Monday can't come soon enough. I'm certain they're going to put me back on meds and feel a bit bad about that but at this point I have to admit I actually need them as it's a new issue for me and I can't handle it on my own :frown:
Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Managed to get a decent night's sleep last night and do some uni work today. Also, told one of my lecturers about my MH issues and how I'm struggling with work and he sent me this nice message about how he can help me catch up with work and stuff which meant a lot :smile: Still feeling really messed up and my GP appointment on Monday can't come soon enough. I'm certain they're going to put me back on meds and feel a bit bad about that but at this point I have to admit I actually need them as it's a new issue for me and I can't handle it on my own :frown:

I hope the appointment goes alright for you. There's absolutely no shame in taking meds if that's what happens :hugs:
I hope the appointment goes alright for you. There's absolutely no shame in taking meds if that's what happens :hugs:

Yeah I know there's no shame in it. I was put on prozac a couple of years ago and after a couple of weeks and it induced mania so I'm just worried about what they're going to do as SSRI's are obviously out of the picture. It's evident I need to be on something to sort me out and in my current state I doubt I'll get anything out of the therapy I'm starting in a couple of weeks. I just hate how medication seems to be just taking wild stabs in the dark and hoping something will work.

Yeah I know there's no shame in it. I was put on prozac a couple of years ago and after a couple of weeks and it induced mania so I'm just worried about what they're going to do as SSRI's are obviously out of the picture. It's evident I need to be on something to sort me out and in my current state I doubt I'll get anything out of the therapy I'm starting in a couple of weeks. I just hate how medication seems to be just taking wild stabs in the dark and hoping something will work.

SSRI's might not be out of the picture, different meds produce different side effects. But there are different meds, its very rare to find a med that works first time, but i think its like that with lots of meds not just ADs. Have you had any counseling??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully your GP will be recommend something that will help you then along with therapy you'll start to feel better. I'm lucky because prozac really helped me for the most part and the side effects were favourable to me not taking it at all. Let us know how you get on :yep:
Original post by PandaWho
SSRI's might not be out of the picture, different meds produce different side effects. But there are different meds, its very rare to find a med that works first time, but i think its like that with lots of meds not just ADs. Have you had any counseling??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's true. I dunno, I guess I'm just pretty pessimistic when it comes to medication. I'm going in with an open mind though I mean it's evident I need help.

I saw student support last week but the racing thoughts and over hyperactiveness had gone, the depression stayed but I was able to sort it out with meditation. They said that if it came back to contact them again which I did and I have a counselling appointment in three weeks and they said I should see my GP.

I've had counselling in the past and it's been really helpful both with my OCD and my mood issues. My last therapist was great and really helped me sort stuff out including noticing when my mood elevates too much as well as goes down so I'm hopeful counselling will help again. I've never experienced depression and crazy hyperactivity at the same time before though and it's been hellish. I mean I know when to bring my mood down and up but have no idea how to shift it when it's like a combo of the two.
I ****ing give up on ****ing everything. nothing can ****ing help me, literally ****ing nothing. ****ing hate bpd and the way it makes me ****ing feel. just **** this.
Hopefully your GP will be recommend something that will help you then along with therapy you'll start to feel better. I'm lucky because prozac really helped me for the most part and the side effects were favourable to me not taking it at all. Let us know how you get on :yep:

Yeah, hopefully they can sort something out. Glad the prozac is working for you, before it sent me manic it worked perfectly. I came off it and was able to sort stuff out via therapy. It's annoying as I've been med free for a year and a half and was fine (well as fine as one can be!). I found that meditation was great for regulating my mood. Thanks for the support :smile:
Reply 9873
Squirrelman is pissing me off :/
Original post by ScaryScience
I ****ing give up on ****ing everything. nothing can ****ing help me, literally ****ing nothing. ****ing hate bpd and the way it makes me ****ing feel. just **** this.

Oh hun :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Yeah, hopefully they can sort something out. Glad the prozac is working for you, before it sent me manic it worked perfectly. I came off it and was able to sort stuff out via therapy. It's annoying as I've been med free for a year and a half and was fine (well as fine as one can be!). I found that meditation was great for regulating my mood. Thanks for the support :smile:

I'm not on it anymore, I stopped taking it altogether in May (don't ask :tongue:). I've found meditation to be quite helpful as well, if time is set aside for it then I reckon in some cases other people could really benefit. No worries :smile:
Yeah it's true. I dunno, I guess I'm just pretty pessimistic when it comes to medication. I'm going in with an open mind though I mean it's evident I need help.

I saw student support last week but the racing thoughts and over hyperactiveness had gone, the depression stayed but I was able to sort it out with meditation. They said that if it came back to contact them again which I did and I have a counselling appointment in three weeks and they said I should see my GP.

I've had counselling in the past and it's been really helpful both with my OCD and my mood issues. My last therapist was great and really helped me sort stuff out including noticing when my mood elevates too much as well as goes down so I'm hopeful counselling will help again. I've never experienced depression and crazy hyperactivity at the same time before though and it's been hellish. I mean I know when to bring my mood down and up but have no idea how to shift it when it's like a combo of the two.

Medication can really genuinly help. For a month or 2 i was in a massive paranoid episode, nearly daily thered be someone watching me, or trying to shoot at me, but i got put on quetiapine and since i was put on it iv had 3 or 4 little attacks of paranoia. So you will find one that works.

Hopefully the counselling helps, and you get better soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok time for a new thread. MHSS XV can be found here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2935691
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest