The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Something has changed on my track but the website was already down before I could see :frown: it's going to be a long wait until Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H0PEL3SS
What did you get at AS, if you don't mind me asking?
Anyway, I myself am hoping to apply to Warwick, absolutely loved it on the open day.. But like a few people here, I'm worried I won't get the A in AS FM, due to FP1. Do you guys think AABB would be good enough?

What FP1 stuff don't you like?
Original post by liamc1997
I have applied for straight Economics at Cambridge, Nottingham, Warwick, St Andrews and Kent.

I've got an offer from Kent! But when should I expect to hear from the rest of them?

Obviously you have to interview for cam first so it's likely you will receive a reply in jan some time. Warwick have been very quiet for economics (really annoying), could be monday could be february for all I know - I wouldn't be concerned about it though. Unsure on the others for econ but a few of my friends have started to receive offers from Nottingham in the past week
Original post by EHZ17
What FP1 stuff don't you like?

Eh, I was doing worst case scenario thinking, still got the A in FP1 and FM.
Eh, I was doing worst case scenario thinking, still got the A in FP1 and FM.

Haha nice, I'm doing FP1 this year as I picked it up as an AS subject. Finding numerical methods to be tedious and at the moment matrices is my worst topic :P
Original post by EHZ17
Haha nice, I'm doing FP1 this year as I picked it up as an AS subject. Finding numerical methods to be tedious and at the moment matrices is my worst topic :P

Numerical methods was the most boring for me too, although I did like parametrics and complex numbers.
Numerical methods was the most boring for me too, although I did like parametrics and complex numbers.

Yeah parametrics is probably my favourite
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Something has changed on my track but the website was already down before I could see :frown: it's going to be a long wait until Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is agonising. First time I've felt glad that nothing has changed. :biggrin:
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
That is agonising. First time I've felt glad that nothing has changed. :biggrin:

It's so painful ergh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9876cd
Has anyone else got a high offer from Exeter? I got an offer today of A*A*A which is a lot higher than I was expecting, was hoping for an AAB/AAA offer from them!

Woah that's so high, higher than Oxbridge and lse?! What are you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 730
Original post by 9876cd
Has anyone else got a high offer from Exeter? I got an offer today of A*A*A which is a lot higher than I was expecting, was hoping for an AAB/AAA offer from them!

What are your subjects?
Do you guys think I'll get an offer from nottingham? I got BCD but got predicted AAA and have a really good personal statement, shall I apply??? (I plan on resitting some too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slim Shady 96
Do you guys think I'll get an offer from nottingham? I got BCD but got predicted AAA and have a really good personal statement, shall I apply??? (I plan on resitting some too)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't their standard offer A*AA? Or are you eligible for the more contextual offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't their standard offer A*AA? Or are you eligible for the more contextual offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it says AAA/A*AA is the contextual one AAA? or lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile
it says AAA/A*AA is the contextual one AAA? or lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contextual is normally the lower one I think, so in this case aaa?
Looking at last year most people who got offers got a*aa offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Contextual is normally the lower one I think, so in this case aaa?
Looking at last year most people who got offers got a*aa offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for deferred entry so do you recommend me applying next year when I've my A2s which hopefully are better? like nottingham are never in clearing right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for deferred entry so do you recommend me applying next year when I've my A2s which hopefully are better? like nottingham are never in clearing right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I don't think they're in clearing, you could always give it a shot this year and then reapply if you don't get in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 737
Woah that's so high, higher than Oxbridge and lse?! What are you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im predicted 3 A*s
Original post by 9876cd

Wow that's a crazy high offer! What grades have you been predicted for A2?

I'm waiting to hear back from Exeter but I was just expecting them to be a backup, nevermind A*A*A ;p
Reply 739
Original post by Askaud
What are your subjects?

Economics, Maths and Physics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending