The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8580
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
it was :smile:

They're not neccasarily eco warriors

ohh ok and he was elected MP by vote or?

Yeah by a party vote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Well I am and was elected before him. No its way more then that. We have social and economic policy and we are a proper political party

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh ok, what are your policies?
Reply 8582
Original post by PaulHugh
Ohh ok, what are your policies?

Stay in the eu. A citizens wage, mainly environmental stuff and generally pro inmigration

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been here in a while.. wow thread's almost reached 500 pages :eek:

Who's making the next one?
Original post by Black Rose
I haven't been here in a while.. wow thread's almost reached 500 pages :eek:

Who's making the next one?

I don't know, I think it's undecided
Original post by Aph
Stay in the eu. A citizens wage, mainly environmental stuff and generally pro inmigration

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you think any form of immigration is a good thing? don't you have an employment policy. I think All immigrants over 16 must find work within 6 months to stay in the country.

So you think any form of immigration is a good thing? don't you have an employment policy. I think All immigrants over 16 must find work within 6 months to stay in the country.

Which party are you in favour of?
Which party are you in favour of?

It's quite unorthodox to say, but I would say conservative. Whilst I like some ukips policies, I think UK should remain in the EU.
It's quite unorthodox to say, but I would say conservative. Whilst I like some ukips policies, I think UK should remain in the EU.

haha that is quite true tbf sorry. Not being judgemental but are you anti immigration? is it that you want britain to remain ethnically british or is it because terroism has distorted your views (it's some what distorted my views)
All three parts of my family have lived in the UK for generations, yet ofcourse I am only ethnically half british.
haha that is quite true tbf sorry. Not being judgemental but are you anti immigration? is it that you want britain to remain ethnically british or is it because terroism has distorted your views (it's some what distorted my views)
All three parts of my family have lived in the UK for generations, yet ofcourse I am only ethnically half british.

I'm not entirely anti-immigration. I do think that immigration is becomming a slight issue and that special measures should be put in act, to decrease the rate of immigration and to prevent terroism, unemployment (for citizens, since some immigrants do take our jobs) The average resident doesn't even benifit from immigration as the GPD rises, but is still in proportion.

I don't know, it really depends on your opinion, but would you consider someone to be british just for living in Britain for seven years? Do you think it's right that they are accepted as british?

I'm not racist, I just think that things are changing too quickly. for example some food businesses are going out of their way to make halal food, just to raise their gpd because of increasing multiculturalism. I don't think that's fair as this is a christian country, but that's the way it is.

That's fine, you were born and bred in britain and you happen to be ethnically British though not entirely. There's nothing wrong with that.
I'm only half British. I'm also half American, so I am like you.
I'm not entirely anti-immigration. I do think that immigration is becomming a slight issue and that special measures should be put in act, to decrease the rate of immigration and to prevent terroism, unemployment (for citizens, since some immigrants do take our jobs) The average resident doesn't even benifit from immigration as the GPD rises, but is still in proportion.

I don't know, it really depends on your opinion, but would you consider someone to be british just for living in Britain for seven years? Do you think it's right that they are accepted as british?

I'm not racist, I just think that things are changing too quickly. for example some food businesses are going out of their way to make halal food, just to raise their gpd because of increasing multiculturalism. I don't think that's fair as this is a christian country, but that's the way it is.

That's fine, you were born and bred in britain and you happen to be ethnically British though not entirely. There's nothing wrong with that.
I'm only half British. I'm also half American, so I am like you.

I don't think you're racist, you just think the British culture is kind of dissapearing right? I think perhaps ethnic minorities should embrace the British culture more, this could restore things a bit. I do rspect your views.
I agree with the seven year thing, is it seven years of eight years? idk but yea that's a very thin line. I see the halal things as part of the equality act, we as a country should cater for everyone, then again suppose a non Muslim didn't want their food to be halal idk again its a very thin line...

I would imagine UKIP are the best party in terms of your opinions, for me it's probably conservative. I've always liked lib dems though they're awesome hehe XD haha but I'm mixed race, I am of three cultures although I predominantly celebrate my white british culture. I do sometimes celebrate my carribean and african cultures, carnival etc. Visually I look medditarenean but yea I'm just freaky and weird like that :P
Reply 8590

I was really tiered last night. And generally all immigrants are good but there are some bad ones. Also I cant think of what our employment policys are so I will get back to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Horsegirl01302
Hello I'm 14 turning 15 in November. For the next two years I will be studying Maths, English, Triple Science, ICT, Graphics, Geography, French and Catering.

What im hoping to do after year 11 is to go to sixth to study Chemistry, Biology and Physics. Then I want to go to vetinary school to study vetinary medicine as I have my heart set on being a vet.

The things I like are animals, food and horse riding!

I am excited, nervous, determined and eager for year 10

I get really nervous before exams though as I had my section 2 chemistry ISA today.

My favourite smiley is :tongue:

Hey!! :woo:

I haven't welcomed anyone in a while but... Hi I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:!

Can I ask what GCSE Catering like? Is it a GCSE? ^_^ + We have a variety of subjects being taken on this thread so feel free to ask any questions if you want to help, do so! :biggrin:

I'm not sure if we have any veterinary hopefuls here but welcome regardless, we do have some budding doctors if you'd like to discuss though! :tongue:

I'm sure your ISA went well!! How did you think it went? :redface:

Great choice of favourite smiley :wink: and welcome again! :ahee:

Original post by Charleighunicorn
I think we'll be on mark 2 by the end of tomorrow?

Hopefully. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Hey!! :woo:

I haven't welcomed anyone in a while but... Hi I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:!

Can I ask what GCSE Catering like? Is it a GCSE? ^_^ + We have a variety of subjects being taken on this thread so feel free to ask any questions if you want to help, do so! :biggrin:

I'm not sure if we have any veterinary hopefuls here but welcome regardless, we do have some budding doctors if you'd like to discuss though! :tongue:

I'm sure your ISA went well!! How did you think it went? :redface:

Great choice of favourite smiley :wink: and welcome again! :ahee:

Hopefully. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, thanks for replying. Catering is a GCSE but most people would think it is very easy but it's not. There's a lot more writing aswell as practicals. At the momment we are doing our controlled assesment on Afternoon Tea and we have to analyse menus, trial teas, write a menu ect. I think my ISA went well as I memorised it by heart. I know I've lost at least one mark because I went to change it but then I didn't have enough time as the exam was finished. Thankyou for your welcome!
Hey, thanks for replying.

Catering is a GCSE but most people would think it is very easy but it's not. There's a lot more writing aswell as practicals. At the momment we are doing our controlled assesment on Afternoon Tea and we have to analyse menus, trial teas, write a menu ect.

I think my ISA went well as I memorised it by heart. I know I've lost at least one mark because I went to change it but then I didn't have enough time as the exam was finished. Thankyou for your welcome!

You're welcome, dw! :tongue:

Oh wow! I didn't know that'd it teach you things like that. I guess it can be helpful because it'll teach you good skills too. :yep:

I wouldn't dwell on it too much now and you still don't know what will happen with that 1 mark you think you've lost! Well done and good luck. :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, does anyone know any good tips to revise and techniques? I revise from looking at my revision guides but I just don't think its enough. I have all the three science exams unit 1 coming up at the start of June and I don't know when to start revising. I also have a English Lit exam coming up this year but she hasn't said when yet. It would be really good if anyone could tell me some really good techniques and website resources other than mygcse science and bitesize to get the best grades. :o:p
Original post by karmacrunch
You're welcome, dw! :tongue:

Oh wow! I didn't know that'd it teach you things like that. I guess it can be helpful because it'll teach you good skills too. :yep:

I wouldn't dwell on it too much now and you still don't know what will happen with that 1 mark you think you've lost! Well done and good luck. :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anyone know what kind of questions will be asked about exponential functions? Learnt it a couple of days ago along with the proportion graphs, I hate graphs in general...
Will we just be asked to sketch them? I've got a maths mock in December so I should probably start revising a little

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, does anyone know any good tips to revise and techniques? I revise from looking at my revision guides but I just don't think its enough. I have all the three science exams unit 1 coming up at the start of June and I don't know when to start revising. I also have a English Lit exam coming up this year but she hasn't said when yet. It would be really good if anyone could tell me some really good techniques and website resources other than mygcse science and bitesize to get the best grades. :o:p

I revise by making different coloured notes from the exam board revision guide or text book. It depends on how you learn things. If you learn things by listening, listen to audios etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8598
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Does anyone know what kind of questions will be asked about exponential functions? Learnt it a couple of days ago along with the proportion graphs, I hate graphs in general...
Will we just be asked to sketch them? I've got a maths mock in December so I should probably start revising a little

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exam board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think you're racist, you just think the British culture is kind of dissapearing right? I think perhaps ethnic minorities should embrace the British culture more, this could restore things a bit. I do rspect your views.
I agree with the seven year thing, is it seven years of eight years? idk but yea that's a very thin line. I see the halal things as part of the equality act, we as a country should cater for everyone, then again suppose a non Muslim didn't want their food to be halal idk again its a very thin line...

I would imagine UKIP are the best party in terms of your opinions, for me it's probably conservative. I've always liked lib dems though they're awesome hehe XD haha but I'm mixed race, I am of three cultures although I predominantly celebrate my white british culture. I do sometimes celebrate my carribean and african cultures, carnival etc. Visually I look medditarenean but yea I'm just freaky and weird like that :P

Yeah I remember you describing your ethnicity to me, it's pretty cool :smile: I wish I looked medditaranean XD

I'm sort of tied between UKIP and Conservative, I would say Conservative are slightly better. The main reason UKIP don't want to be part the EU is to put their border policy in act, which can only work if we aren't part of the EU.

Yes, you're spot on. I think the British culture is dissapearing, some of the ethnic minorities do attemp to embrace our culture, although many don't.

Latest