The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vee_wuvshugs
I got this on the 14th of october, 6 days after applying.
Here's the full thing:

Spoiler

thank you very much! so are you going to email them your IGCSE certificate and AS certificate or just the first one?
Original post by Paras Agarwal
thank you very much! so are you going to email them your IGCSE certificate and AS certificate or just the first one?

I'm a home applicant so don't need to worry about all that. Before reading the email properly, I had photocopied all my GCSE certificates from each examination board and was going to do the same with the transcript for my AS grades. Then I realised I didn't have to do anything :colondollar:
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
I'm a home applicant so don't need to worry about all that. Before reading the email properly, I had photocopied all my GCSE certificates from each examination board and was going to do the same with the transcript for my AS grades. Then I realised I didn't have to do anything :colondollar:

haha alright! so it is just for the guys that did IGCSE and the new IAS (International AS levels) ..
just sent them an email asking if IGCSEs count as international or not!
Guys I'm really worried right now. I have a feeling my score of 2570 is not going to make the cuttoff this year
as people on this thread seem to have much higher.
Original post by chrissy96x
Guys I'm really worried right now. I have a feeling my score of 2570 is not going to make the cuttoff this year

I personally think there are so many other people who applied with a score lower than yours, myself included. Just stay positive. You never know what might happen :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Did you all just get another email too?!
Reply 547
Original post by erudite
Did you all just get another email too?!

Yup.
Original post by JNHE
Yup.

Not yet, what was it about?
Original post by JackC96
I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!

Hey there, what was the interview like? what did you use to prepare?
Does anyone know if SGUL interview candidates with higher academics earlier? I know that UCL and Imperial for sure suggest that this is what they do and I was wondering if SGUL do the same thing?

Many thanks!
Original post by EmilyKvothe
Not yet, what was it about?

It was the same thing as the one before about 'no graduates allowed on this course...not sending ukcat scores directly' I think someone wrote it above. I've got like 3 emails off them all saying the same thing :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erudite
just sent them an email asking if IGCSEs count as international or not!

and what did they say?
Original post by JNHE
Yup.

not got any email yet!
Original post by chrissy96x

I think you will meet the cut off this year don't worry :smile:

Quick question, how do sgul rank applicants after interview?? I heard it was personal statement but can't remember if that's true

Posted from TSR Mobile
How's everyone doing in getting their work experience letters for sgul?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the A* guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't got any yet, gonna ring them up after half term

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

we don't need them now do we? thats needed before interviews i think.
Original post by Paras Agarwal
and what did they say?

They said they didn't apply to IGCSE, so thankfully I don't need to send in my certificates.. but I am a UK applicant, so it might be different for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

1/4 sorted - the hosp woman is sending me 3 copies in the post :biggrin: :biggrin: what a star!!

two of them i did through school so wondering if i can get school to help me with that, and the other is a GP surgery which should be simple enough, although that was ages ago1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending