The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
Decent until the crap resolution.

:ditto:
That was a decent episode, though I thought them jumping off a train at full speed was a bit stupid.

Genuine lol @ "This plane is protected"
I really enjoyed that, the last two episodes have somewhat salvaged the series. It still seems awfully directionless though. No double episodes is definitely a hitch.
Was disappointed. I normally don't mind/like Clara, but I'm getting fed up of her now. I was thinking 'This is all very well and good, but can we please have the Doctor on screen now?'.
Original post by syrettd
Was disappointed. I normally don't mind/like Clara, but I'm getting fed up of her now. I was thinking 'This is all very well and good, but can we please have the Doctor on screen now?'.

I agree. Still much better than the moon episode though, but not on par with last week's.
I think out of this season last nights episode was my favorite! Although I didn't really think clara was the doctor because essentially she had to have the actual doctor save the day she just brought him back. I didn't really like clara but in this episode she was tolerable but what I liked most was when the doctor came out of the tardis and for me thats one of the moments I've been waiting for. That was when capaldi actually became the doctor for me and im glad it happened because it needed to happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I loved it, APART FROM the bit where they jumped off the train whilst it was going full speed and didn't even get a scratch. That was stupid.
Original post by snowyowl
I loved it, APART FROM the bit where they jumped off the train whilst it was going full speed and didn't even get a scratch. That was stupid.

Iol I just noticed that now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was a decent episode, nothing special or that memorable though, thought the Missy stuff at the end was interesting though
loving that anti UKIP rhetoric...
I seriously don't know why the writers insist on having all these annoying kids on the show. They can't act and they serve no real purpose. This series would have been semi-decent if it didn't try so hard to make everything so cbbc.
Original post by InsertWittyName
I seriously don't know why the writers insist on having all these annoying kids on the show. They can't act and they serve no real purpose. This series would have been semi-decent if it didn't try so hard to make everything so cbbc.

I still wonder how those kids were part of the gifted and talented

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4032
Original post by Norin
I still wonder how those kids were part of the gifted and talented

Posted from TSR Mobile

To quote Clara "you know they're not really gifted and talented, right? I just tell them that to make them feel better about themselves."
Original post by Aula
To quote Clara "you know they're not really gifted and talented, right? I just tell them that to make them feel better about themselves."

Ah. Probably missed that bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4034
Original post by Norin
Ah. Probably missed that bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

I noticed it because I'd been wondering the same thing :mmm:

I think I quite liked that episode, it was a little heavy on the "don't cut down the forests" thing though. On a similar level to the "don't do drugs" episode of the 9th doctor (the one where the whole upper planet died from using 'bliss').

I hope we actually get some answers about Missy next week, although I'm concerned from the trailer that it could be absolutely terrible... :erm:
That was a pretty decent episode :smile: with this week and last week it feels like the show's finally getting back to its old standard
That was bad. :nn:
Not sure if just watched Doctor Who or a **** CBBC show, hoping the latter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The annoying thing is that I thought Capaldi would bring us back to the old style. I mean I do like his personality as the Doctor.... But it just hasn't felt like doctor who since Tennant at the latest. They're just making it sillier

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm watching this on Iplayer, never cringed this much at Doctor Who in my life. Especially that ginger girl
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest