The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophiaLDN
What?

Yeah I did get your PM messages but I couldn't reply as you keep getting banned & making a new account, then get banned again etc etc. Anyway, I did get your PM messages and I did see your pic, you're not ugly and you're definitely not hot lol. You look like you work in Londis :K:

Lmaooooooooo. Ohhmydays.
Original post by Chukkeigh
Salaaaaaam guys, just a hi-tech question for y'all. Anyone can recommend me a good laptop for about £400 pounds? I tried going to PC world and Currys today but they were trying to rip me off so bad! Plus I hate the windows 8 look so much! Downloading microsoft word/excel etc will be such a great deal of a hassle since they no longer do CD versions. I checked out some good HP ones but they seem like the type that will snap in a instance, especially with a clumsy person like me.

So any hi-tech/technical person out ere that can help me out is much appreciated.

Hope y'all are doing fine insaAllah.

Model: Asus x550CA 15.6"
Price £399.99
Operating system windows 8 can be reverted to 7.
4GB Ram
Intel i5
Hard drive 750GB
Original post by Black Cat
Model: Asus x550CA 15.6"
Price £399.99
Operating system windows 8 can be reverted to 7.
4GB Ram
Intel i5
Hard drive 750GB

Heeeyyy, alles goed?

I have seen that in the shop en mijn broeder said to me that i should get it! I had no idea that it could be reverted to windows 7! that makes it so much more appealing, I was a bit dissapointed with the RAM since a couple of HP were 8GB and for a less price also, but like i said before the hinges seem like they were gonna snap any second.

Dankje wel!
Heeeyyy, alles goed?

I have seen that in the shop en mijn broeder said to me that i should get it! I had no idea that it could be reverted to windows 7! that makes it so much more appealing, I was a bit dissapointed with the RAM since a couple of HP were 8GB and for a less price also, but like i said before the hinges seem like they were gonna snap any second.

Dankje wel!

You speak dutch? :eek: Ja, alles gaat goed hier!

Good value for money would definitely recommend it to you, but as you said earlier the RAM is only 4GB. What are you going to be using it for? If you're only using it for basic stuff then those specs should be more than sufficient. I prefer this laptop because it is small and portable easy to carry around.

Geen Probleem! hoop dat je een goeie laptop vind.
You speak dutch? :eek: Ja, alles gaat goed hier!

Good value for money would definitely recommend it to you, but as you said earlier the RAM is only 4GB. What are you going to be using it for? If you're only using it for basic stuff then those specs should be more than sufficient. I prefer this laptop because it is small and portable easy to carry around.

Geen Probleem! hoop dat je een goeie laptop vind.

Ja hoor!! Haha. Ik ga het voor de universitiet gebruiken. So hopefully het is genoeg? toch?

Dankje :smile:
Ja hoor!! Haha. Ik ga het voor de universitiet gebruiken. So hopefully het is genoeg? toch?

Dankje :smile:

Ik gebruik die van mij ook voor het universiteit heel handig is die laptop kan je overal meenemen, lectures, starbucks enzo. Is best wel chill en goedkoop voor het prijs! Oh en je kan microsoft office gratis via het univeriteit downloaden hele packet word, powerpoint, publisher, excel etc.

Graag gedaan :smile:
Ik gebruik die van mij ook voor het universiteit heel handig is die laptop kan je overal meenemen, lectures, starbucks enzo. Is best wel chill en goedkoop voor het prijs! Oh en je kan microsoft office gratis via het univeriteit downloaden hele packet word, powerpoint, publisher, excel etc.

Echt? Hoe kan je het gratis downloading? Ik had geen idee! Zo ik moet het niet gaan kopen van de winkel? Overall, is de laptop good? Quality wise? Hoe is de levensduur van de batterij? Ik ben echt sorry for deze alle vragen! :colondollar:
Echt? Hoe kan je het gratis downloading? Ik had geen idee! Zo ik moet het niet gaan kopen van de winkel? Overall, is de laptop good? Quality wise? Hoe is de levensduur van de batterij? Ik ben echt sorry for deze alle vragen! :colondollar:

Het ligt aan de universiteit sommige geven geen gratis software weg, dus dan moet je vragen als je z'n packet kan downloaden van hun. De laptop is opzich wel goed maar het is heel dun, dus kan die wel stuk gaan als je er niet mee verzichtig omgaat. Batterij levenduur is 4 uur.

Zit je al op universiteit dan? :smile:
You guys are making me jell with your dutch talk :frown: Im actually learning it now.
Het ligt aan de universiteit sommige geven geen gratis software weg, dus dan moet je vragen als je z'n packet kan downloaden van hun. De laptop is opzich wel goed maar het is heel dun, dus kan die wel stuk gaan als je er niet mee verzichtig omgaat. Batterij levenduur is 4 uur.

Zit je al op universiteit dan? :smile:

Ja, mij derde jaar. En jij?
Original post by AnimeCrazy
You guys are making me jell with your dutch talk :frown: Im actually learning it now.

Are you studying the language as A-level?

Ja, mij derde jaar. En jij?

Tweede jaar, ICT en handel :smile:
Hopelijk masters doen in nederland daarna

Yo black cat. How do u know dutch??
Are you studying the language as A-level?

Tweede jaar, ICT en handel :smile:
Hopelijk masters doen in nederland daarna

Nop, Im self teaching myself. I have to.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Yo black cat. How do u know dutch??

I grew up in the Netherlands lived there for several years.

Nop, Im self teaching myself. I have to.

Waarom? Why?
Veel geluk, Goodluck.
I grew up in the Netherlands lived there for several years.

Waarom? Why?
Veel geluk, Goodluck.

Actually knew the words without translation! Looks like im getting there. :P And I was born in Holland. Lived there for 5 years then I moved to England. Its really annoying when people ask me do you know the lang and I say no.

So I want to learn the lang. My mum showed me videos the other day of me speaking in dutch when I was 4. Sad to say I didnt understand a word.
Actually knew the words without translation! Looks like im getting there. :P And I was born in Holland. Lived there for 5 years then I moved to England. Its really annoying when people ask me do you know the lang and I say no.

So I want to learn the lang. My mum showed me videos the other day of me speaking in dutch when I was 4. Sad to say I didnt understand a word.

Goed gedaan, well done.

Whereabouts are you from in the Netherlands. I resided in Noord-Holland in a homely historic city called Hoorn, bet you've never heard of it haha. I lived there pretty much my whole life moved 7 years ago and been living in England ever since. I do miss the food kroket, frikandel all you have here is sausage and vinegar! :unimpressed:

Dutch isn't a very hard language but we use the letter "G" a lot it feels like something is up your throat :rolleyes: Are you actually dutch by blood then?
Goed gedaan, well done.

Whereabouts are you from in the Netherlands. I resided in Noord-Holland in a homely historic city called Hoorn, bet you've never heard of it haha. I lived there pretty much my whole life moved 7 years ago and been living in England ever since. I do miss the food kroket, frikandel all you have here is sausage and vinegar! :unimpressed:

Dutch isn't a very hard language but we use the letter "G" a lot it feels like something is up your throat :rolleyes: Are you actually dutch by blood then?

No, i never heard of it but then again all i know is some main ones and the city I was born in which is Denhaag. 7 years ago eh, you must have talked in Dutch through out those 7 years, how old are you if you dont mind asking.

hahah people joke about that in england, they say are you choking when you done. By blood, by that you mean?
No, i never heard of it but then again all i know is some main ones and the city I was born in which is Denhaag. 7 years ago eh, you must have talked in Dutch through out those 7 years, how old are you if you dont mind asking.

hahah people joke about that in england, they say are you choking when you done. By blood, by that you mean?

Ik ben 21 jaar.

I'm quite fond of the main cities Rotterdam and Amsterdam thinking of doing my masters back in the Netherlands after I finish here. I spoke Dutch throughout my stay in Holland and it used to be my first language. I speak very little now as English has kind of taken over. I meant to ask if your family was Dutch since you were born there.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Aww Is your job in retail?
Ohh i see. Yeah they do so many studies here :tongue:

Here it is: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1414178213.890770.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1414178258.212722.jpg

Hows uni for you so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh its retail.

Thanks for the pics. More importantly, I noticed your batt was on 1% in one of them lol.

Uni is going great alhamdulilah; need to do more reading up and proper notes. How's it going for you then?
Original post by mahad1912
Yh its retail.

Thanks for the pics. More importantly, I noticed your batt was on 1% in one of them lol.

Uni is going great alhamdulilah; need to do more reading up and proper notes. How's it going for you then?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about getting it? Im so in need of a p/t job wallahi! :frown:

Yeaah same. I'm quite behind on the work so want to catch up in reading week i'A

Quick Reply

Latest