The Student Room Group

AQA HIS3G British State and People, 1865-1915 Resources

I'm just beginning to start this syllabus, and come to terms with how much material there is to learn! Are all A2 units quite this big? By that I mean chronologically long and demanding in terms of detail? The historiography is also more important at A2 I believe?

I'm currently looking for some resources to supplement the AQA textbook, as most people seem to think that using it alone is not going to get you the top grades.

If anyone knows any of any good resources online or just has some general tips on how to succeed on this course, any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
This is an excellent course! and yes all A2 units meet the same AQA standard in terms of breadth and depth of content.

I have a whole host of resources on this topic which i can email you if you wish?
Reply 3
For everyone else that's interested in resources for this module I've found a few things on the TSR site and am using two main books: the AQA textbook and Aspects of British Political History 1815-1914 by Stephen Lee.

I've also bought some notes from a site called oxbridge notes which are excellent, they seem to combine historiography and details from a number of resources together in about 90 pages.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jimm1y
For everyone else that's interested in resources for this module I've found a few things on the TSR site and am using two main books: the AQA textbook and Aspects of British Political History 1815-1914 by Stephen Lee.

I've also bought some notes from a site called oxbridge notes which are excellent, they seem to combine historiography and details from a number of resources together in about 90 pages.

Just a quick update, The Flagship History: Britain 1783-1918 textbook by Derrick Murphy is also a fantastic textbook for this course[h="1"]
Reply 5
Original post by Jimm1y

Omg do you still have the oxbridge notes and resources with you? I desperately need them and I'm realy struggling with the course content so I will be really grateful if you can send me them to me! Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by AndrewGrace
This is an excellent course! and yes all A2 units meet the same AQA standard in terms of breadth and depth of content.

I have a whole host of resources on this topic which i can email you if you wish?

Hello I am doing this topic and would be eternally greatful for if you could send it me please? Thank you xxxx
Reply 7
do you guys still have these notes from both oxbridge and your own resources you can email to me? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by amyhitch
do you guys still have these notes from both oxbridge and your own resources you can email to me? :smile:

Hi sadly I really don't have it since I'm covering the unit myself now but let's find the ones that do together and help each other study this easter!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending