Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adam Hodgson
What were your AS results & subjects?

ABB in Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Predicted AAA as the Bs were both within a few marks.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by snikutsmullac
Can't find a thread anywhere for Unviersity of Nottingham 2015 applicants, so I thought I'd make one!

Original post by Itsmonique
I am hoping to apply for pharmacy, depending on my AS grades obviously!

Original post by Coffeetime
Notts is my favourite.

Original post by Afghan Warrior
Hey me too! What made you interested in Nottingham? Posted from TSR Mobile

Ever wondered how Nottingham selects which candidates to give offers too? watch this!

[video="youtube;DvqFG-C9RvY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvqFG-C9RvY[/video]
Original post by zuzu096
I didn't take maths at a2 either I did bio and chem so I feel you! I've gambled a little haha. But the only one that needed maths for me was Warwick so I'm not too sure ill get an offer from them...

I've already done my a levels though so suppose that makes it easier :smile:

Aw brill! Cardiff is so nice! I was actually considering Birmingham too but swapped for york. Good luck finding your other choices! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, fair enough! Yeah Cardiff is nice, I live in Cardiff so I'm not sure if I'd rather go away or not :/ there was an open day yesterday which was good though :P the chemistry admissions tutor who gave the presentation was a really nice guy!

Oh cool :smile: York seems nice yeah.

What were your grades? If you don't mind me asking :smile:

Good luck to you too, btw !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seizetoday
Any mechanical engineers?

Me! You got an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
Original post by DJC1996
Oh, fair enough! Yeah Cardiff is nice, I live in Cardiff so I'm not sure if I'd rather go away or not :/ there was an open day yesterday which was good though :P the chemistry admissions tutor who gave the presentation was a really nice guy!

Oh cool :smile: York seems nice yeah.

What were your grades? If you don't mind me asking :smile:

Good luck to you too, btw !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh awesome, so if you go to cardiff will you commute or nah? Haha aw that's good!

Yeah it was just an impulse decision and funnily enough they were the first to reply! (Have an interview with them)

AAB with an A in chem :smile:

What grades are you aiming for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devran22
Me! You got an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! Have you? If so what were your predicted grades like?
Original post by seizetoday
Nope! Have you? If so what were your predicted grades like?

Nope :/ A*AA what about you? I guess they take time? Where else you applied to? Got offer from Southampton and interview at Leeds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any chemists? Nottingham is seeming to take the longest to acknowledge applications, all my other options have at least sent emails saying they have
Reply 168
Original post by TajwarC
Any chemists? Nottingham is seeming to take the longest to acknowledge applications, all my other options have at least sent emails saying they have

I got an acknowledgement on Friday and I've applied for chem, when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zuzu096
I got an acknowledgement on Friday and I've applied for chem, when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thursday. I'll give it a week or two before I start worrying. When did you apply and where else?
Original post by zuzu096
Ahh awesome, so if you go to cardiff will you commute or nah? Haha aw that's good!

Yeah it was just an impulse decision and funnily enough they were the first to reply! (Have an interview with them)

AAB with an A in chem :smile:

What grades are you aiming for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not 100% sure atm, but probably not haha.

Oh nice! When is it? I am absolutely dreading the thought of getting called up for an interview lmao.

That's amazing, I'd be very happy with those grades! Especially the A in Chem.

I'm predicted A*A*A but there's no way in hell I'm going to get that. I am aiming for AAA minimum but would love an A* in a subject, preferably Chem but that'll take a LOT of work hah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Original post by DJC1996
I'm not 100% sure atm, but probably not haha.

Oh nice! When is it? I am absolutely dreading the thought of getting called up for an interview lmao.

That's amazing, I'd be very happy with those grades! Especially the A in Chem.

I'm predicted A*A*A but there's no way in hell I'm going to get that. I am aiming for AAA minimum but would love an A* in a subject, preferably Chem but that'll take a LOT of work hah

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's in a months time so nerves haven't sank in just yet haha! They said it was a guaranteed offer so I think it's less of an interview and more of an open day kinda thing? :/ (not complaining)

Loool thank you! I flunked though, I was aiming for at least 3 As too :frown: but I'm still happy with what I got considering that's what the unis wanted!

That's insane omg sure you will! Fingers crossed for you! Haha chem at a level is so strange to do well in. I'm sure you'll do awesome though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 172
Original post by TajwarC
Thursday. I'll give it a week or two before I start worrying. When did you apply and where else?

Ahh yeah that's probably wise! I applied a week ago :smile: and warwick, Manchester, UCL and York, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zuzu096
Ahh yeah that's probably wise! I applied a week ago :smile: and warwick, Manchester, UCL and York, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick, UCL, Bath, Birmingham. Got any offers? All I have are acknowledgements from the 4 in this post. Noticed that Warwick and Bath are giving out offers fairly quickly and the fact I don't have an offer/rejection is worrying me...:s-smilie:
Original post by zuzu096
It's in a months time so nerves haven't sank in just yet haha! They said it was a guaranteed offer so I think it's less of an interview and more of an open day kinda thing? :/ (not complaining)

Loool thank you! I flunked though, I was aiming for at least 3 As too :frown: but I'm still happy with what I got considering that's what the unis wanted!

That's insane omg sure you will! Fingers crossed for you! Haha chem at a level is so strange to do well in. I'm sure you'll do awesome though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, that's good then! A guaranteed offer, congrats haha!

Haha aw, well indeed you should be happy! Yeh exactly :smile:

Thanks haha! Yeh it's weird isn't it, I got a B at gcse lmao. Thanks I really hope so!!!?.!/22719!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Original post by TajwarC
Warwick, UCL, Bath, Birmingham. Got any offers? All I have are acknowledgements from the 4 in this post. Noticed that Warwick and Bath are giving out offers fairly quickly and the fact I don't have an offer/rejection is worrying me...:s-smilie:

Ahh cool we've picked similar places! Umm I suppose I *sort of* have an offer for York as they've given me an interview with a guaranteed offer haha so apart from that no. I've received acknowledgments from all of them though.

You only applied on Thursday so you can chill, don't worry!

What's your favorite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 176
Original post by DJC1996
Oh I see, that's good then! A guaranteed offer, congrats haha!

Haha aw, well indeed you should be happy! Yeh exactly :smile:

Thanks haha! Yeh it's weird isn't it, I got a B at gcse lmao. Thanks I really hope so!!!?.!/22719!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile: I was so happy haha

Good luck again, lemme know how it goes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zuzu096
Ahh cool we've picked similar places! Umm I suppose I *sort of* have an offer for York as they've given me an interview with a guaranteed offer haha so apart from that no. I've received acknowledgments from all of them though.

You only applied on Thursday so you can chill, don't worry!

What's your favorite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL by far; I applied for chem with maths so it's my favourite course structure but it's also the most risky :/ It's also in London which is good for me. Bath would come in second as I applied for the year in industry. What about yours?
Reply 178
Original post by TajwarC
UCL by far; I applied for chem with maths so it's my favourite course structure but it's also the most risky :/ It's also in London which is good for me. Bath would come in second as I applied for the year in industry. What about yours?

I thought UCL for me as well but now I'm not too sure. I'd honestly love ending up at any of them :smile: I like the course at notts, Manchester and warwick more though. Not to sure how I'll decide haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zuzu096
I thought UCL for me as well but now I'm not too sure. I'd honestly love ending up at any of them :smile: I like the course at notts, Manchester and warwick more though. Not to sure how I'll decide haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

How comes you're not too sure about UCL? It's the best haha (aside from accommodation costs...)

UCL gives the option to study many different optional modules which is why I prefer it; I originally wanted to apply for Natural Sciences. UCL lets you choose modules outside of chemistry including physics and maths so in essence I can "replicate" a Natural Sciences degree to an extent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending