The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kavoi08
Hello!I am applying to Oxford, Bath, UCL, Exeter, and St. Andrews Course: (Experimental) Psychology 3 years BscGCSE's: 8A*'s and 3A'sCurrent IB Predictions: 39 pointsOffers currently: none! lolAny other Iber's???
Hey! I'm also doing IB, and also applying for Psychology! :smile:
Original post by notebooker
Hey! I'm also doing IB, and also applying for Psychology! :smile:

Awesome! Which unis??? :smile:
Original post by Kavoi08
Awesome! Which unis??? :smile:

Cambridge, Bath, Durham, York and Exeter :smile:
1) I've applied to Cambridge, St Andrews and Edinburgh (and Durham and UCL but for non-psychology courses)
2) I'm predicted 45 IB points
3) 10A*, 1A
No offers yet, just acknowledgements :/
Original post by Neverme
1) I've applied to Cambridge, St Andrews and Edinburgh (and Durham and UCL but for non-psychology courses)
2) I'm predicted 45 IB points
3) 10A*, 1A
No offers yet, just acknowledgements :/

45 points!!! :redface: That's amazing!
Which IB subjects did you take ? :smile:
45 points!!! :redface: That's amazing!
Which IB subjects did you take ? :smile:

Thank you :colondollar: It's just a prediction though - and quite an optimistic one at that :P
I'm taking English Lit, Biology and Chemistry HL, History, French B and Maths SL

Just saw you're also applying to Cambridge! I love the look of the course there :biggrin: What college did you apply to? Are you doing anything to prepare for interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Neverme
Thank you :colondollar: It's just a prediction though - and quite an optimistic one at that :P
I'm taking English Lit, Biology and Chemistry HL, History, French B and Maths SL

Just saw you're also applying to Cambridge! I love the look of the course there :biggrin: What college did you apply to? Are you doing anything to prepare for interview?

I'm applying to Emma, which one are you applying to ? I know, the course looks amazing there :biggrin: Well, at the moment I haven't as I am preparing for my final exams :s-smilie: (Crossing my fingers that I do get an interview :tongue:) Have you done anything?
I'm applying to Emma, which one are you applying to ? I know, the course looks amazing there :biggrin: Well, at the moment I haven't as I am preparing for my final exams :s-smilie: (Crossing my fingers that I do get an interview :tongue:) Have you done anything?

Trinity Hall :biggrin:
Not much, just planning on reading a couple of books and watching some online lectures. Do you have to submit any written work? I have to send in two essays, but since I don't take psychology I'm having trouble deciding what to send in :/
Original post by Neverme
Trinity Hall :biggrin:
Not much, just planning on reading a couple of books and watching some online lectures. Do you have to submit any written work? I have to send in two essays, but since I don't take psychology I'm having trouble deciding what to send in :/

No I don't have to submit work! Hmm well given that they don't expect students to have studied Psychology at school, I'm guessing they want to see how well you argue? English essays then maybe? :smile:
No I don't have to submit work! Hmm well given that they don't expect students to have studied Psychology at school, I'm guessing they want to see how well you argue? English essays then maybe? :smile:

Yeah I was thinking I'll submit one English and one History one :smile:
Reply 170
1) Oxford (Experimental), UCL (Psych & Language science), Bath, still unsure about the 2 others...

2) Got all A's in Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, Geography (dropped) and Maths, but those A's are not quite high though

3) I'm an international student so I didn't have a GCSE result (Am I the only one?!)

To be honest I don't really have much confidence in the Oxford application. It's really just an impulsive decision lol
I find the TSA quite challenging also. Anyone struggling with TSA too? :s-smilie:
Reply 171
Original post by geofl
1) Oxford (Experimental), UCL (Psych & Language science), Bath, still unsure about the 2 others...

To be honest I don't really have much confidence in the Oxford application. It's really just an impulsive decision lol
I find the TSA quite challenging also. Anyone struggling with TSA too? :s-smilie:

Hi! I've applied for UCL (with language sciences), Bath, and Oxford (psychology and linguistics). Which course did you choose for Bath?

TSA aaaargh!!! I've done three practise papers and they just seem to get harder. What score do you get on average?
I've applied for Birmingham, Aston, Lincoln, Newcastle and Nottingham

I got AABE in psychology, English combined, philosophy and biology, and I'm predicted A*AB

At GCSE I got 1A, 7B's and 2C's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173
Hey guys I'm applying for psychology as well =D but I have a difficulty that I might need some help with.

Does anybody know if the course at aberdeen uni that's called 'Neuroscience with Psychology' is BPS accredited or not ? Thanks =)
Applied to: exeter- psychology and law
Swansea, Liverpool and Keele for psychology and criminology
Cardiff for psychology and placement year
Gcses- 1.5 A*, 6As, 3Bs
A levels ABC psychology, history and biology and a U in physics as level
Have offers from Liverpool, Cardiff and Keele and an acknowledgement from Exeter
Original post by mchanm
Hey guys I'm applying for psychology as well =D but I have a difficulty that I might need some help with.

Does anybody know if the course at aberdeen uni that's called 'Neuroscience with Psychology' is BPS accredited or not ? Thanks =)

Go on the bps website they show a list of all the courses that are accredited
Reply 176
Original post by Aneesah_May
Go on the bps website they show a list of all the courses that are accredited

Oh thanks for your quick reply.

yes i did that but wasnt 100% sure...most probably it isnt though..thanks again
Original post by mchanm
Oh thanks for your quick reply.

yes i did that but wasnt 100% sure...most probably it isnt though..thanks again

Thats ago and I read your op again if psychology is a minor it would never be accredited as it is but many places offer psychology with/and neuroscience
Just got an offer from Exeter!
Original post by maisie1205
Just got an offer from Exeter!

Me too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest