The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
London time. I signed up a few days ago but have forgotten all the details, please remind me the day?

okay thanks!
it's tomorrow, on monday.
Does anyone have the link for Nomura? Can't seem to find it.
Finally started sending off applications! Do you automatically get put through to the next half of BoAML application if you pass the numerical test? Is it Kenexa style?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Finally started sending off applications! Do you automatically get put through to the next half of BoAML application if you pass the numerical test? Is it Kenexa style?

Kenexa and yes apparently.
Original post by Anonynous
Kenexa and yes apparently.

Did you pass then? How are your applications going? I feel a little inconsistent with some of the numerical tests, so I'm going to give myself a bit more practice before sitting the actual thing.
Did you pass then? How are your applications going? I feel a little inconsistent with some of the numerical tests, so I'm going to give myself a bit more practice before sitting the actual thing.

Yeah, it was fairly straight forward.

I've sent most bar BarCap GS and DB

rejection from CS for finance (IBD no response yet), UBS and RBC

AC invite to ICAP only so far. Sent most last week.
Yeah, it was fairly straight forward.

I've sent most bar BarCap GS and DB

rejection from CS for finance (IBD no response yet), UBS and RBC

AC invite to ICAP only so far. Sent most last week.

That's not too bad, I'm finding that my practice results for the numerical tests can vary from 60%-90%, it's not very good :redface:
That's not too bad, I'm finding that my practice results for the numerical tests can vary from 60%-90%, it's not very good :redface:

I average about 75-85 and that's fine apparently.
I average about 75-85 and that's fine apparently.

How many practices did you do to get to that average?
How many practices did you do to get to that average?

Just re-run SHL & Kenexa a couple times to get a feel of the sorts of questions. The question styles are nearly always the same across the different tests, there's just different numbers involved. Infact some of the calculations are the exact same, so you just remember the correct answer from previous test.
Just re-run SHL & Kenexa a couple times to get a feel of the sorts of questions. The question styles are nearly always the same across the different tests, there's just different numbers involved. Infact some of the calculations are the exact same, so you just remember the correct answer from previous test.

Would you say the ones on assessmentday are more difficult than the ones in the actual tests? I tend to over think the simplest thing because I've not done maths this basic in years.
Would you say the ones on assessmentday are more difficult than the ones in the actual tests? I tend to over think the simplest thing because I've not done maths this basic in years.

I haven't gone through the assessment day ones

I had graduatemoney and jobtestprep
I haven't gone through the assessment day ones

I had graduatemoney and jobtestprep

Okay, would you say the ones from those sites are more difficult or simpler than the actual tests?
Okay, would you say the ones from those sites are more difficult or simpler than the actual tests?

Jobtestprep slightly harder. Graduatemonkey, about the same.
Jobtestprep slightly harder. Graduatemonkey, about the same.

Okay, thanks. I'm going to give myself a few more days practice before completing it and sending off the majority of my applications. Just need to fill in the motivation questions and attach my CV before being able to send off BlackRock. HSBC, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, UBS, Deutsche Bank, PwC, Rothschild and then getting a few more ready.

Best of luck with all your applications.
Does anyone know if hsbc uses to check your application (cv and cover) before sending to you the test invitation or it goes automatically after u have submitted it? It would be useful to know in order to definitely get an idea on the value of your cv and cover letter's style
Original post by tru.and
Does anyone know if hsbc uses to check your application (cv and cover) before sending to you the test invitation or it goes automatically after u have submitted it? It would be useful to know in order to definitely get an idea on the value of your cv and cover letter's style

I think they screen first. There's no CL in their app, there are only comp q
Original post by welcometoib
London time. I signed up a few days ago but have forgotten all the details, please remind me the day?

hey welcometoib, do you know where the link for the live talk is or when they are going to send us an email to join the chat? I thought they would send one this morning but I haven't received anything yet... how about you?
or others you were asked to join the live talk with JP Morgan??
Original post by doiwannaknow
hey welcometoib, do you know where the link for the live talk is or when they are going to send us an email to join the chat? I thought they would send one this morning but I haven't received anything yet... how about you?
or others you were asked to join the live talk with JP Morgan??

i was going to ask you, have received absolutely nothing at all.
have bnpp taken the spring week off their site? started an app 2 weeks ago but now cant find it anywhere

Latest

Trending

Trending